[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I put together @jaquadro's notes and added to the FAQ. Is the vertical range of the altar also 16/32?
Edit: Full text below, check my accuracy. :)
[9.1] How do I get more power to my altar?
The altar draws power from a range of 16 blocks. It can distribute power to items that are within 16 blocks, or 32 blocks if an Arcana is placed on the altar.
From the Witchery website, the following may be put onto the altar to increase the maximum power and recharging rate (only one of each type of skull or chalice will count):
Boosting maximum power
- Skull + 1x base power
- Wither Skull + 2x base power
- Chalice + 1x base power
- Filled Chalice + 1x base power
Boosting recharge rate
- Skull + 1x base recharge rate
- Wither Skull + 2x base recharge rate
- Torch + 1x base recharge rate
- Candelabra + 2x base recharge rate
- Pentacle 2x recharge rate

jaquadro said:
Almost any tree leaf/log (mod or vanilla or otherwise) will work, but it will cap around 100 block instances or so. So you might get a big boost from planting an oak tree, but get no additional benefit for planting a second one. Planting a spruce tree wouldn't help either, since it's the same block. But planting an Acacia would, because it's a different block. Knowing your plants at a technical level will help you manage caps.
Based on some of the mods in this pack, consider how the trees alone fall into groups:
- Vanilla: Oak, Spruce, Birch, Jungle
- Vanilla: Acacia, Dark Oak
- Witchery: Rowan, Alder, Hawthorn
- EBXL: Fir, Redwood, Acacia, Cypress
- EBXL: Bald Cypress, Japanese Maple, Japanese Maple Shrub, Rainbow Eucalyptus
- EBXL: Umber Autumn, Goldenrod Autumn, Vermillion Autumn, Citrine Autumn
- Thaumcraft: Greatwood, Silverwood
- Natura: Eucalyptus, Redwood, Hopseed
- Natura: Sakura, Ghostwood, Bloodleaves, Willow
- Natura: Darkwood, Fusewood
- Natura: Maple, Silverbell, Amaranth, Tiger

Vanilla and Witchery plants are all well-supported, but have similar cap and block restraints. Almost all vanilla flowers, for example, are the same block.
Third-party mod plants are generally not supported. Botania mystic flowers are an exception and will work in this pack. Most crops work, outside of Agricraft.
The caps and point values aren't uniform. Points typically fall into the range of 1-4, but if you've got your altar up to the max multiplier (4x), that's 4-16 per block. It adds up quickly.
Might want to add the fact the Ender Dragon Egg will massive boost your Altars power... boosted mine by about 2k (I have x5 multipler already)

Reactions: rivvest

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
I raised that issue just a few pages ago, but then the cringeworthy yes-man brigade descended upon me to correct the injustice and started to accuse me of trolling. God forbid we post a suggestion that could *gag* improve the gameplay of the pack.

Technically though, you don't need a lot of witchery for it. A 3000 altar I think, a cauldron and a distillery. If you don't care about getting the most out of witchery and enjoying it, you can build that in a few minutes.
So... you're allowed to have an opinion of the pack but no one who has a different opinion is? That's how this is coming across. Your previous post was also phrased in a demanding manner, as if you didn't care what anyone else thought, the pack should be solely catered to you. I had no problem discussing witchery being gated by thaumcraft with you, but you were not respecting tpl or the others who play this pack with the language you used.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my most current one, forgot to add mob spawners to the last one I posted. Cardboard boxes are too easy for that.

I considered blacklisting chests and barrels... but the whole point of cardboard boxes, to me, is to pack and and move house. So the storage items stay :).
There's a forestry block, i think its called the escritoire, that crashed me when i picked it up with a cardboard box. Told the server admin who had also put the pack together, but never followed up to see if it was fixed. Might wanna add it to the blacklist just in case.

Zephyr123

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes when I use NEI it crashes. Here is the report:

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-31_19.43.21-client.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 76

Zephyr123

Jul 29, 2019
just a quick question: How do you become a regular or an active member on this forum? Do you just post a lot?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I've been scanning the thread looking for clues, but nothing has answered this for me so I'll ask the question others have: How do I advance into the Thaumcraft questline?

I have three quests available/completed: The crucible, the wand and the thaumometer. It says I'm at 23 percent completed. I've advanced fairly far into Thaumcraft (infusion altar, node stabilizers, silverwood wand), so I think if there's a lowish-level Thaumcraft item to pick up/craft, I've done it. My arcanist reputation is 87.

Even a screenshot of the quest page that has more than those three quests would be super helpful.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
2l8x5j8.png
Alright, right now I'm focusing on something different than thinking about ents: I'm trying to figure out how to make Terrasteel and, well, can someone explain to me what am I doing wrong? (FYI, it's Livingrock under the plate)

Last edited:

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to the Cardboard box blacklist...
I've gotten some things down. Don't want to overdo it.
Included are:
1. Thaumcraft Warded blocks (including glass, as well as arcane doors/pressure plates)
2. A few Thaumcraft Multiblock structures (Infusion altar, Infernal Furnace, Infernal Blast Furnace)
(These are added because blocks will disappear, the structure will fail, etc.)
3. Every variety of door I could find (doors don't cardboard box well...)

I considered adding in mana pools if it removed their contents. Testing revealed that cardboard boxes will allow you to move a full mana pool, and I'm fine with that. :)

I've attached the current blacklist if anyone would like to use it themselves. (Those doors take up a lot of space...)
Could you add TC nodes? I don't think you should be able to move those.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
2l8x5j8.png
Alright, right now I'm focusing on something different than thinking about ents: I'm trying to figure out how to make Terrasteel and, well, can someone explain to me what am I doing wrong? (FYI, it's Livingrock under the plate)
1. please put that in a spoiler
2. you need a spark above the plate as well.

Susjin

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question,is not the fault of the modpack but of the electricity, when i an in my map and i start playing my electricity goes down =( , then when it returned and i open the map again the game crashes, there is some way do solve this???

OBS: Here is the crash report: http://pastebin.com/e6nuVWPt

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
....and the difference been is...? Either way we are inserting items into the Spirit realms that really shouldn't be there if we to be lore friendly, but we are powerful witches and warlocks are we not?
The witchery mod was build with being able to use the vanilla enderchest.

I don't suppose anyone has figured out just how to plant kelp seeds?

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
im not sure if im the only one with the issue or if i missed something i was suppose to fix. but each time i try to look at the alphomancy page in the botnia lexicon i crash. open any page in the lexicon botania

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
i have a question,is not the fault of the modpack but of the electricity, when i an in my map and i start playing my electricity goes down =( , then when it returned and i open the map again the game crashes, there is some way do solve this???

OBS: Here is the crash report: http://pastebin.com/e6nuVWPt

Says something is wrong with your questing data. Do the usual backup/reinstall/redownload stuff, and if that doesn't help, try resetting your quests and edit completing them the way the FAQ at the top of the thread describes.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I've been scanning the thread looking for clues, but nothing has answered this for me so I'll ask the question others have: How do I advance into the Thaumcraft questline?

I have three quests available/completed: The crucible, the wand and the thaumometer. It says I'm at 23 percent completed. I've advanced fairly far into Thaumcraft (infusion altar, node stabilizers, silverwood wand), so I think if there's a lowish-level Thaumcraft item to pick up/craft, I've done it. My arcanist reputation is 87.

Even a screenshot of the quest page that has more than those three quests would be super helpful.

For me it opened up when I made the Greatwood sapling.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019

i think you need to do the shard seed quest as well

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, Brew of Sleeping giving me trouble. Triple checked ingredients and instructions, still spoiled brew from start.

Book and NEI say kettle, so using kettle. Did make a bunch of Love potions, so know it's not a case of not knowing how to make kettle work.

Recipe shows no indication of power from altar needed, but within 16 of altar with over 9000 power. And my distillery and spinning wheel are both in line (and a couple blocks off the x axis) from altar, so know I'm in range. Have arthana too, but I counted my range from altar at 14.

I am wearing hat and robe. (Should not be necessary, but a bonus brew is a good thing.)

I have netherrack under kettle and fire going. I dump in water (kettle is only one bucket, unlike cauldron, but I tried adding more just in case... won't accept more).

I start tossing in ingredients with the purified milk. Potion in kettle turns brown with black particles. Can throw in rest but stays brown.

What am I missing? Here's a screenie after tossing in just the purified milk.

7RBaKEJ.png

I know others have gone to spirit world, so must be possible to make this thing!

Searched thread but found no post about problems. Found a page and some mentioning "sleeping" and some of those are regarding the brew, but no one I saw saying they couldn't make brew.