[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
With regards to the Cardboard box blacklist...
I've gotten some things down. Don't want to overdo it.
Included are:
1. Thaumcraft Warded blocks (including glass, as well as arcane doors/pressure plates)
2. A few Thaumcraft Multiblock structures (Infusion altar, Infernal Furnace, Infernal Blast Furnace)
(These are added because blocks will disappear, the structure will fail, etc.)
3. Every variety of door I could find (doors don't cardboard box well...)

I considered adding in mana pools if it removed their contents. Testing revealed that cardboard boxes will allow you to move a full mana pool, and I'm fine with that. :)

I've attached the current blacklist if anyone would like to use it themselves. (Those doors take up a lot of space...)

Attachments

• BoxBlacklist.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 60

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
So many people rant and rave about spending a hundred hours doing something the hard way when they never think to look for a smart way to do it. Yes, sometimes you do have to trawl forums, even make an account you're only going to use once. But then again.. there's always /r/ftb. :S

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Soo, any way to get the metal seeds (copper, Iron, Tin) without having to craft the essences via the resetting quests every 2 days? It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I'd much rather have a way that involves crossbreeding or smth rather than just grinding them.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Soo, any way to get the metal seeds (copper, Iron, Tin) without having to craft the essences via the resetting quests every 2 days? It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I'd much rather have a way that involves crossbreeding or smth rather than just grinding them.
Nope, the first metals require more than 1 essence, so you just need to bear the time it takes (longest is copper at 4 copper essence for seeds, 1 essence per 2 days from the quest, so it takes total of 60-80 real minutes)

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, the first metals require more than 1 essence, so you just need to bear the time it takes (longest is copper at 4 copper essence for seeds, 1 essence per 2 days from the quest, so it takes total of 60-80 real minutes)
Once you have your initial seeds you then cross plant them up

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I must check but Im pretty sure I have all the saplings from making mutandis. Its not that I dont use aspects of witchery. My point as I still cant make the research table because I havent gone far enough into witchery.
Lol after going through stacks and stacks of mutandis for a glint flower to progress witchery I get snowball seeds as a reward that I made from seeds ages ago. Yeah doesnt seem to link right at all.
EDIT
My whole problem with witchery stems from mutandis. Yes its great for making all the trees, yes its great for making all the flowers BUT its very slow at progressing witchery unless you are very fortunate in getting the witchery flowers. I need more spanish moss now so another boat load of mutandis and luck needed to get it

Wait... the ExBio saplings are a mutandis thing now? I got them through the mana pool infusion, though I don't remember which version that was of the pack.
Also, to those saying that people who are complaining about this are being silly; please consider that, unlike bonemeal, the rng is not on whether it will grow, but which of many plants it will be. Not only is bonemeal much easier to make, but on average it will take far less to get what you want. And given how dependent on certain plants witchery can be, that is large issue if the pool of possible results gets too big.

I tamed some ocelots last night without an issue using a neon tetra. Are you waiting for them to come to you?

I did indeed. They would take one fish, give off hearts, but stay an ocelot and refuse to take more. I even tried after a full computer restart to make sure it wasn't some Murphy's law silliness with lag or an incorrectly loaded function.
To be fair, I haven't tried Neon Tetra yet, but I did try minecraft vanilla-ish fish, cod, and salmon.

Side note; Did you know the rainbow trout from Mariculture has +10 attack dmg? XD

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Side note; Did you know the rainbow trout from Mariculture has +10 attack dmg? XD
Noticed this yesterday, but sadly it's a single-use only :(

Also Enhanced inventories double-chests behave wonky when right-clicked with a wrench in hand

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
More double posts for the sake of.... clarity? XD

Do any of yall mess around with BC pipes enough to tell me whether this setup is silly and could be done with less hassle and more working correctly? Currently it's spitting items out of the bottoms of the pipes every third item or so, usually any but the bottom most item in the barrel stack. I know why this is, but can't for the life of me think of how to fix it without it becoming even more complicated and silly:

http://imgur.com/ygJ7Cg9,bMVR8sZ,8NVNBYW

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019

Do any of yall mess around with BC pipes enough to tell me whether this setup is silly and could be done with less hassle and more working correctly? Currently it's spitting items out of the bottoms of the pipes every third item or so, usually any but the bottom most item in the barrel stack. I know why this is, but can't for the life of me think of how to fix it without it becoming even more complicated and silly:

Are you using clay pipes to connect to the barrels? And are you using pipe plugs so they don't create endless circles?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using clay pipes to connect to the barrels? And are you using pipe plugs so they don't create endless circles?

Wouldn't clay pipes connect with each other behind the barrels? The point of the weird cobble/stone/quartz/diamond pipe setup was because, the first time I tried this, I just used all quartz, which created a maze, and nothing ever went where it was supposed to because BC pipes run on RNG. XD

Explain pipe plugs and their function please?

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019

Ar you using clay insertion pipes on the barrels to put stuff in? You also need an overflow route no matter what with BC. Sometimes it just gets overloaded and passes by the correct target inventory. I have in the past done things such as recirculate from the overflow chests (though always with a chest or you risk an infinite pipe loop, which results in lots of dropped items) to try to get to 100% proper storage, but...

My advice if you don't like imperfect sorting systems (due to design choices in the mod) is to push hard for AE2. BC is just BC. Works to a degree, aggravates to a larger degree, and never quite works perfectly for large sorting system (or even small ones, too often.) Can't count the time I walked into my sorting area and found stuff all over the floor.

In 0.65 I had stuff being sorted into groups with diamond pipes, then run along multiple lines of drawers with clay insertion pipes, then back into a combined overflow route to a couple double chests over next to the input chest to make it easy to shift stuff back to be sorted. Almost always had stuff in the overflow chests that SHOULD have been in the drawers. That's beside all the assorted junk that belonged in the overflow chests because I wasn't sorting them anywhere.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't clay pipes connect with each other behind the barrels? The point of the weird cobble/stone/quartz/diamond pipe setup was because, the first time I tried this, I just used all quartz, which created a maze, and nothing ever went where it was supposed to because BC pipes run on RNG. XD

Pipe plugs (made in the assembly table) close off routes in pipe connections. So you can use them to break up that maze you mentioned.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019

Clay pipes will try to go into the inventory they are connected to before moving the item along to the next pipe. This means it will always try to put it in if possible. When using regular pipes its random which direction it'll go, so you may have an item miss the barrel it is supposed to go to or an item that doesn't belong in the barrel try to go into it which means it'll pop out of the pipe. When pipes are next to each other they will connect to each other and pipe plugs will stop that from happening so you can stop items from going where you don't want. Basically you can use the plugs to give the items only one path through the pipe system so they don't infinitely loop around until they end up popping out of the system.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Clay pipes will try to go into the inventory they are connected to before moving the item along to the next pipe. This means it will always try to put it in if possible. When using regular pipes its random which direction it'll go, so you may have an item miss the barrel it is supposed to go to or an item that doesn't belong in the barrel try to go into it which means it'll pop out of the pipe. When pipes are next to each other they will connect to each other and pipe plugs will stop that from happening so you can stop items from going where you don't want. Basically you can use the plugs to give the items only one path through the pipe system so they don't infinitely loop around until they end up popping out of the system.

Ar you using clay insertion pipes on the barrels to put stuff in? You also need an overflow route no matter what with BC. Sometimes it just gets overloaded and passes by the correct target inventory. I have in the past done things such as recirculate from the overflow chests (though always with a chest or you risk an infinite pipe loop, which results in lots of dropped items) to try to get to 100% proper storage, but...

My advice if you don't like imperfect sorting systems (due to design choices in the mod) is to push hard for AE2. BC is just BC. Works to a degree, aggravates to a larger degree, and never quite works perfectly for large sorting system (or even small ones, too often.) Can't count the time I walked into my sorting area and found stuff all over the floor.

In 0.65 I had stuff being sorted into groups with diamond pipes, then run along multiple lines of drawers with clay insertion pipes, then back into a combined overflow route to a couple double chests over next to the input chest to make it easy to shift stuff back to be sorted. Almost always had stuff in the overflow chests that SHOULD have been in the drawers. That's beside all the assorted junk that belonged in the overflow chests because I wasn't sorting them anywhere.

Now I'm thinking of some kind of snaking system along the back, going down a level each time... Would have to be entirely gold pipes, cause BC also despawns your items in them unless that's been fixed since 1.6... That's also a 2 width setup, which means double the pipes... XD Ughhhhhh...

Yeah, AE2 ftw at this point. I realize a lot of packs almost ignore BC even if it's in cause there are easier transport options out there, and that it's probably thematic for this pack, but this exact reason is why I haven't used it at all since Monster, except for debugging. If I could find the schematics or explanation for Sethbling's hopper sorter from one of the more recent versions of Mindcrack I'd use that, but my google fu has failed me in that. XD

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Now I'm thinking of some kind of snaking system along the back, going down a level each time... Would have to be entirely gold pipes, cause BC also despawns your items in them unless that's been fixed since 1.6... That's also a 2 width setup, which means double the pipes... XD Ughhhhhh...

Yeah, AE2 ftw at this point. I realize a lot of packs almost ignore BC even if it's in cause there are easier transport options out there, and that it's probably thematic for this pack, but this exact reason is why I haven't used it at all since Monster, except for debugging. If I could find the schematics or explanation for Sethbling's hopper sorter from one of the more recent versions of Mindcrack I'd use that, but my google fu has failed me in that. XD
You'd want to use clay pipes not gold pipes since they will try to input into the barrel's inventorys and if that fails move it along the pipe, while gold pipes will pop the item out of the pipe if it fails to insert and isn't guaranteed to try to put the right items into the barrel either.