[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me why doesn't the link feel right? Because you don't like witchery?

Heck, instead of ranting about here, just go in your world and do a /give xxxxxx 251 64 0 and /give xxxx251 64 1 and you don't need to worry about witchery anymore
I think you need to go take a chill pill mate. Im not ranting Im looking for opinions. You however appear to have a bee in your bonnet and like to rant.
(editted quote to remove offensive words)

Last edited:

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I think you need to go take a chill pill mate. Im not ranting Im looking for opinions. You however appear to have a bee in your bonnet and like to rant.
(editted quote to remove offensive words)
Opinion, for the most part, is that the mod is designed to have you follow certain progression lines. It certainly does take a bit of work in witchery to get that greatwood tree, and you might decide that when you're done you're just going to drop witchery and never look back. My experience was that being forced to work through witchery really opened my eyes to parts of the mod I hadn't seen before, and I'm certainly making much more use of it now than I had expected to when I started this pack.

edit: Witchery is far and away the most efficient mod here to change a biome :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get this info added to the FAQ?
I put together @jaquadro's notes and added to the FAQ. Is the vertical range of the altar also 16/32?
Edit: Full text below, check my accuracy. :)
[9.1] How do I get more power to my altar?
The altar draws power from a range of 16 blocks. It can distribute power to items that are within 16 blocks, or 32 blocks if an Arcana is placed on the altar.
From the Witchery website, the following may be put onto the altar to increase the maximum power and recharging rate (only one of each type of skull or chalice will count):
Boosting maximum power
- Skull + 1x base power
- Wither Skull + 2x base power
- Chalice + 1x base power
- Filled Chalice + 1x base power
Boosting recharge rate
- Skull + 1x base recharge rate
- Wither Skull + 2x base recharge rate
- Torch + 1x base recharge rate
- Candelabra + 2x base recharge rate
- Pentacle 2x recharge rate

jaquadro said:
Almost any tree leaf/log (mod or vanilla or otherwise) will work, but it will cap around 100 block instances or so. So you might get a big boost from planting an oak tree, but get no additional benefit for planting a second one. Planting a spruce tree wouldn't help either, since it's the same block. But planting an Acacia would, because it's a different block. Knowing your plants at a technical level will help you manage caps.
Based on some of the mods in this pack, consider how the trees alone fall into groups:
- Vanilla: Oak, Spruce, Birch, Jungle
- Vanilla: Acacia, Dark Oak
- Witchery: Rowan, Alder, Hawthorn
- EBXL: Fir, Redwood, Acacia, Cypress
- EBXL: Bald Cypress, Japanese Maple, Japanese Maple Shrub, Rainbow Eucalyptus
- EBXL: Umber Autumn, Goldenrod Autumn, Vermillion Autumn, Citrine Autumn
- Thaumcraft: Greatwood, Silverwood
- Natura: Eucalyptus, Redwood, Hopseed
- Natura: Sakura, Ghostwood, Bloodleaves, Willow
- Natura: Darkwood, Fusewood
- Natura: Maple, Silverbell, Amaranth, Tiger

Vanilla and Witchery plants are all well-supported, but have similar cap and block restraints. Almost all vanilla flowers, for example, are the same block.
Third-party mod plants are generally not supported. Botania mystic flowers are an exception and will work in this pack. Most crops work, outside of Agricraft.
The caps and point values aren't uniform. Points typically fall into the range of 1-4, but if you've got your altar up to the max multiplier (4x), that's 4-16 per block. It adds up quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thiana256

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is it only me or does it really feel strange that we have to level up witchery to get a thaumcraft table. Whats the point of starting thaumcraft if you havent started witchery? I have loads of magical essence from scanning things around my world that I cant use because I cant get the greatwood sapling without getting my witchery up to a certain point. I dont know witchery at all and its making me not want to level it because I dont know and the quests for it are too vague in what we actually need to do but if I dont level it then I cant do thaumcraft. Why would I need 2 magical mods that I dont really want to level?

I raised that issue just a few pages ago, but then the cringeworthy yes-man brigade descended upon me to correct the injustice and started to accuse me of trolling. God forbid we post a suggestion that could *gag* improve the gameplay of the pack.

Technically though, you don't need a lot of witchery for it. A 3000 altar I think, a cauldron and a distillery. If you don't care about getting the most out of witchery and enjoying it, you can build that in a few minutes.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Opinion, for the most part, is that the mod is designed to have you follow certain progression lines. It certainly does take a bit of work in witchery to get that greatwood tree, and you might decide that when you're done you're just going to drop witchery and never look back. My experience was that being forced to work through witchery really opened my eyes to parts of the mod I hadn't seen before, and I'm certainly making much more use of it now than I had expected to when I started this pack.

edit: Witchery is far and away the most efficient mod here to change a biome :)
If Im honest Id probably like to see more linking to thaumcraft and witchery. My point was if its only to make a table then whats the point. Say if the poppets where somehow linked to making golems or aspects used in witchery to really tie the 2 mods together it would make more sense but just to go down the witchery route to start the thaumcraft route,why?

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I raised that issue just a few pages ago, but then the cringeworthy yes-man brigade descended upon me to correct the injustice and started to accuse me of trolling. God forbid we post a suggestion that could *gag* improve the gameplay of the pack.

Technically though, you don't need a lot of witchery for it. A 3000 altar I think, a cauldron and a distillery. If you don't care about getting the most out of witchery and enjoying it, you can build that in a few minutes.
Im glad to see we are all not just yes men.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on putting together a cardboard box blacklist config for my server. Does anyone have any suggestions for blocks that probably shouldn't be boxable? I'm currently working through Thaumcraft.

Reactions: Kelmey

Soltys

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... anyone can tell me how to power a growth accelerator from AE2? ME cable - fluix won't connect, Mekanism cable won't connect, BC kinesis pipe won't connect. I'm losing my will to live :x

Also: Tried on all sides. Website says top/bottom accept power. but for some reason I can't make it work. Halp :<

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... anyone can tell me how to power a growth accelerator from AE2? ME cable - fluix won't connect, Mekanism cable won't connect, BC kinesis pipe won't connect. I'm losing my will to live :x

Also: Tried on all sides. Website says top/bottom accept power. but for some reason I can't make it work. Halp :<

ME cable on top or bottom of it.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
If Im honest Id probably like to see more linking to thaumcraft and witchery. My point was if its only to make a table then whats the point. Say if the poppets where somehow linked to making golems or aspects used in witchery to really tie the 2 mods together it would make more sense but just to go down the witchery route to start the thaumcraft route,why?
I try to rationalize the process in my mind with some head-canon.

I'll skip past the whole world is desolated bit, and skip straight to...
Re-creating most mundane varieties of trees is simple, be it Oak, Spruce, or even Eucalyptus. However, a few varieties require a bit more than a little mana or mutandis to be made. Thus, for Greatwood (and further, silverwood) you require the seed of a sentient and magic plant, in order to infuse a sapling with magical power.

Further, you can assume that research and crafting in Thaumcraft require such a magical wood for their tables, given your experience with the inefficiency of an Iron Capped Wooden Wand. Though I would assume that in that case you should be able to make a table out of Silverwood as well.

I suppose my point is that, instead of becoming frustrated with the way things are (when it's clearly intentional), try to put yourself a bit more into the story of the pack and make it make sense to you.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I must check but Im pretty sure I have all the saplings from making mutandis. Its not that I dont use aspects of witchery. My point as I still cant make the research table because I havent gone far enough into witchery.
Lol after going through stacks and stacks of mutandis for a glint flower to progress witchery I get snowball seeds as a reward that I made from seeds ages ago. Yeah doesnt seem to link right at all.
EDIT
My whole problem with witchery stems from mutandis. Yes its great for making all the trees, yes its great for making all the flowers BUT its very slow at progressing witchery unless you are very fortunate in getting the witchery flowers. I need more spanish moss now so another boat load of mutandis and luck needed to get it

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just gonna post this one again, since I think it may have been lost in the shuffle at some point, but you cannot currently tame ocelots with any kind of fish available in game (living or not, mariculture version of vanilla fish or not), as far as I can tell. I wouldn't mind this, but I kinda wanted a cat familiar so I wouldn't need to do mutating before I could change biomes (seems coven witches only respond to familiars, despite the sheer number of different opinions online on this).

Just curious if this is an intended thing or not. :)
I tamed some ocelots last night without an issue using a neon tetra. Are you waiting for them to come to you?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Tell me why doesn't the link feel right? Because you don't like witchery?

Heck, instead of ranting about here, just go in your world and do a /give Hitler 251 64 0 and /give Hitler 251 64 1 and you don't need to worry about witchery anymore
Knock it off.

Acidion

Jul 29, 2019
Add netherwart on soulsand, regular musrhooms underground (20 or so), cactus and sugarcanes also work great like this:

WWWWWWWW
SCSCSCSCSCS
CSCSCSCSCSC
WWWWWWWW
W:water
C:cactus
S:sugarcane
Remember to plant on sand WITHOUT the cropsticks

Also 20ish melon/pumpkins each works too, got my altar with 12ks or so with the redstone calice, wither skull and candelabra

Also got 1 greatwood and 1 silverwood in range
Thanks! I was up all night with my newborn baby so I didn't get to implement any of these suggestions but I can't wait to give them a try :) Thanks!