[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
You'd want to use clay pipes not gold pipes since they will try to input into the barrel's inventorys and if that fails move it along the pipe, while gold pipes will pop the item out of the pipe if it fails to insert and isn't guaranteed to try to put the right items into the barrel either.
So if I had a pipe that starts from a chest that has dirt and cobble, and ends with a golden pipe between 2 barrels, 1 with dirt and 1 with cobble in em, it'd be 50% chance to hit the right barrel and rest of the time throw the item out of the pipe?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
So if I had a pipe that starts from a chest that has dirt and cobble, and ends with a golden pipe between 2 barrels, 1 with dirt and 1 with cobble in em, it'd be 50% chance to hit the right barrel and rest of the time throw the item out of the pipe?
I don't know if the % is right, but it would be RNG which direction of the three directions it goes in (barrel with dirt, barrel with cobble, and out of the pipe). However if you use the clay pipe, it'll always put the dirt in the dirt barrel and cobble in the cobble barrel (even if they are full which would cause the item to pop out), and then other items would be spit out as expected.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if the % is right, but it would be RNG which direction of the three directions it goes in (barrel with dirt, barrel with cobble, and out of the pipe). However if you use the clay pipe, it'll always put the dirt in the dirt barrel and cobble in the cobble barrel (even if they are full which would cause the item to pop out), and then other items would be spit out as expected.
I don't think "out of a pipe" is a direction, becuase if that was the case, there would be a 50% chance on every pipe segment that goes in straight line to dump the item (continue forward or plop out of pipe).

Also I was asking since I have the exact situation going on my farm (but with 2 different essences instead of dirt/cobble) and the essences seem to go to their own barrel without exception.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think "out of a pipe" is a direction, becuase if that was the case, there would be a 50% chance on every pipe segment that goes in straight line to dump the item (continue forward or plop out of pipe).

Also I was asking since I have the exact situation going on my farm (but with 2 different essences instead of dirt/cobble) and the essences seem to go to their own barrel without exception.
out of the pipe is only a direction if there is no where else to go which since that would be the end of the pipe it would happen :)

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
out of the pipe is only a direction if there is no where else to go which since that would be the end of the pipe it would happen :)
Exactly, so in my example, there would be 2 places to go, both being the barrels. The items should be dropped out if they're headed to the wrong barrel, thus it being a 50% chance.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... the ExBio saplings are a mutandis thing now? I got them through the mana pool infusion, though I don't remember which version that was of the pack. XD
0.7.2 So far Mutandis has given me oak,spruce, birch, Redwood, jungle, acaciax3,umber autumn,citrine autumn,vermillion autumn,fir,cypress, bald cypress,maple, sakurax3,tall birch, swamp,silverbell,maple,willow, japanese maple,tiger, etc. Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head, the x3 were different mod packs for the same name. I havent put any in the mana pool and I havent made mutandis extremis (or whatever its called) so I know all these came from mutandis.
Edit, looking at this list alot of them seem to be natura, minecraft or exbiomelg,havent seen forestry ones

Last edited:

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, so in my example, there would be 2 places to go, both being the barrels. The items should be dropped out if they're headed to the wrong barrel, thus it being a 50% chance.
i think it applies when you have more then 2 and its going in a line of sorts, some of the time it will speed past the barrel w/o checking if it can go in and then when it has nowhere to go except expelled from the pipe or backwards then it gets spit out

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
You'd want to use clay pipes not gold pipes since they will try to input into the barrel's inventorys and if that fails move it along the pipe, while gold pipes will pop the item out of the pipe if it fails to insert and isn't guaranteed to try to put the right items into the barrel either.

Nono, I meant a layer of clay pipes close to the barrels, with plugs on every side but the one facing the barrel and the one opposite, and then a layer of gold pipes beyond that. Hence the two layer comment/double number of pipes. Which seems excessive and silly and makes me miss TE's ducts and Ender IO's conduits. XD

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just gonna post this one again, since I think it may have been lost in the shuffle at some point, but you cannot currently tame ocelots with any kind of fish available in game (living or not, mariculture version of vanilla fish or not), as far as I can tell. I wouldn't mind this, but I kinda wanted a cat familiar so I wouldn't need to do mutating before I could change biomes (seems coven witches only respond to familiars, despite the sheer number of different opinions online on this).

Just curious if this is an intended thing or not. :)
I'm very curious about this as well. I'm not at the point of saying it can't be done but I did try for about an hour with no luck. My next attempt will be to do it in a much more open area to let them run away and then approach on their own. Will let the thread know if it works at all.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I think you need to go take a chill pill mate. Im not ranting Im looking for opinions. You however appear to have a bee in your bonnet and like to rant.
(editted quote to remove offensive words)

You have picked a bad time to bring this up. We just finished a VERY lengthy discussion about this exact topic a day ago.

The short of it is this. TPL ( the modpack author) is making a pack that links mods in a progression. In general for the magic side of things it is Botania -> Witchery -> Thaumcraft -> Blood Magic. Thaumcraft is gated by Greatwood which requires a modest amount of progression through Witchery and a decent amount of progression through Botania.

His reasoning for this is (once the quest book is finished) there will be a bit of story plus the mods are intertwined via many modified recipes that require items from multiple mods to make stuff. This is to give the feel that the mods aren't insular.

In my opinion all of the custom recipes and the way TPL has linked the mods together is one of the main reasons this mudpack is as awesome as it is. Most packs feel like just a bunch of mods jumbled together with little thought on their interaction. This pack feels like the mods work together to have a better whole experience. I really like that.

Feel free to skim the last 30 pages or so if you want to read the whole discussion.

edit: I am getting tired of either this forum or my browser autocorrecting "modpack" to "mudpack".

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, I get it now :) Yes you'd be right! a Clay pipe would still fix that though :)

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Im not saying the mods shouldnt be in the pack and shouldnt work together. I am saying the flow isnt right. Its a backward step to introduce Thaumcraft and then leave it until witchery has caught up isnt flowing right. Dont introduce thaumcraft until the witchery is at the right stage is what Im saying. I think the pack is great just not flowing right. There are lots of stop moments until a stagnant quest is fulfilled. Like it should not take 10 stacks of mutandis to get witchery going but in practise thats what happend which in turn makes you not want to level witchery but then you find you have all this thaumcraft essence waiting for witchery to grow you a greatwood tree to carry on. Kinda make you not want to level either of them. Im happy with the pack just its not flowing.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on putting together a cardboard box blacklist config for my server. Does anyone have any suggestions for blocks that probably shouldn't be boxable? I'm currently working through Thaumcraft.
Once you get the blacklist I want to see it. =)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering, @thephoenixlodge , does Agricraft come with integration for all the cross-mod plants (barley, cotton, Botania flowers, etc.) or did you have to custom-make all those plants for this modpack?

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: how are you supposed to get an Ent Twig?
Killing an Ent is the only way I know of. And they spawn randomly/occasionally when you chop down a witchery tree.

edit: It is also a random drop so it may take more than 1 ent, but they aren't super uncommon so shouldn't take too many. Most of the times I kill an ent I get one.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: how are you supposed to get an Ent Twig?

Set some time aside to chop down enough Witchery trees to get a spare stack of each sapling (for the fumes). While you're getting that done, you ought to get an ent or two. When I did it, I got two ents and they both dropped twigs. It's something to do with a large number of trees being felled in a short time, according to the Witchery wiki. Oh, and I'd recommend using bonemeal to speed up growth, obviously.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Once you get the blacklist I want to see it. =)
Here's my most current one, forgot to add mob spawners to the last one I posted. Cardboard boxes are too easy for that.

I considered blacklisting chests and barrels... but the whole point of cardboard boxes, to me, is to pack and and move house. So the storage items stay :).

Attachments

• BoxBlacklist.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 59

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Set some time aside to chop down enough Witchery trees to get a spare stack of each sapling (for the fumes). While you're getting that done, you ought to get an ent or two. When I did it, I got two ents and they both dropped twigs. It's something to do with a large number of trees being felled in a short time, according to the Witchery wiki. Oh, and I'd recommend using bonemeal to speed up growth, obviously.
If you see a witchery tree give off white smoke particles when you break the log, I believe that indicates an Ent has spawned.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019

I was lucky enough last night to spawn two ents when cutting down my very first witchery tree in my .7.x restart. The second one spawned one more. Didn't get another ent in the dozen or so after that though, so maybe I hit my bad luck cap for the evening :)