[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
A village is in danger! Valentine and her friends leap to the rescue on the official Tolkiencraft II server.
But vals, I thought it was possible to store entities inside spatial storage cells? :p I stored my buddy in it by accident once. "Why is my screen suddenly all black?"

Here are my testings on my singleplayer test world

Last edited:

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything I can do about that ?
I have optifine B4 on it should I change it for A4 or w.e it's called ? Also Im gonna try lowering my rendering, I haven't had this kind of problem with any other mod /:
B4 is the latest version, stick with it. Lowering the render distance usually does the most significant fps drop, try lowering it to 4?

(doublepost....doublepost... how do I merge quotes after pressing "Post reply"?)

cbruh

Jul 29, 2019
No problem :D If you'd like, you can slowly increase your settings till it lags again, then lower it back.
Yea I tried tht but my fps are kinda bad highest i gotten was a 25 nd they drop every now and then also it lags when I press E so idk if I'm gonna b able to really play this mod pack Im gonna mess around with it and see what I can do

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I tried tht but my fps are kinda bad highest i gotten was a 25 nd they drop every now and then also it lags when I press E so idk if I'm gonna b able to really play this mod pack Im gonna mess around with it and see what I can do
Yeah I'm having lag when opening inventory/interacting with stuff too, not sure what causes it but you can read the previous few pages

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
I get that lag when i open inventory/menu's etc aswell. But it usually flows fine after i restart MC.

And if you want, kill the FTB launcher after you started MC. The launcher does bad things and eats atleast 3 times as much memory as any other launcher not to mention it eats a ton of CPU when you launched MC.

Arikast

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks , I'm gonna try it out now /: hopefully it works

If you continue to have problems I have had pretty good luck with B1. B4 was giving me quite a few issues so I played around with different versions till I found one that worked pretty well. I've had the disappearing blocks happen to me once while I was recording but it hasn't popped up again since then.

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I get that lag when i open inventory/menu's etc aswell. But it usually flows fine after i restart MC.

And if you want, kill the FTB launcher after you started MC. The launcher does bad things and eats atleast 3 times as much memory as any other launcher not to mention it eats a ton of CPU when you launched MC.
I'll try that, but I'm not sure about the memory thing. My framerate is low, I get lag spikes but my memory usage stays at 20% for some reason, it's like its not using the memory

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
so the world finally loaded but most blocks arent visible anyone else has that problem ? :/ please help View attachment 14291 View attachment 14291
That is an optifine issue unfortunately and the result typically of the version of optifine not matching the version of forge (2.3.14 moved to 1286)
I can't even get the world to load, even turned off RandomMobs, no change.
The pack does not have randommobs installed, so that is either referring to the optifine function (which, sorry, will not troubleshoot issues with optifine), or extra mods I didn't put in so can't/won't troubleshoot either.
I'll try that, but I'm not sure about the memory thing. My framerate is low, I get lag spikes but my memory usage stays at 20% for some reason, it's like its not using the memory
Java is great at using memory, the more you give it, the more it will use. :)

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
But vals, I thought it was possible to store entities inside spatial storage cells? :p I stored my buddy in it by accident once. "Why is my screen suddenly all black?"

Here are my testings on my singleplayer test world

It is possible, yes. Which is why I warned the players to evacuate the pylon enclosure. :p
As for villagers: possibly for vanilla, however the Minecraft Comes Alive ones just vanished that were in the village at the time of storage. I assume this is due to the mod not knowing about AE and visa versa (although your video shows it working fine with them - maybe it's a server thing).

I didn't leave the villagers there in the first place because if the event had actually occurred the first day, I'd have only had time to grab the villagers before all heck broke loose. I didn't know there was a village there until the time of the first try at the event. However, since that first try at the summoning had issues, it gave me a chance to slave away off camera and make all the things used in "Project: Rescue!" before the event was unleashed on the server. :) So although this video shows it happening really close in time, this actually was done over the course of about a week.

The idea for the village rescue itself came from my stream chat, although I think they weren't serious at the time. I took it and ran with it! :p

Ginko

Jul 29, 2019
But I don't know if I can keep the server on all the time D:

I only ever play on weekends :3 but if the server is full i'm fine with that c:

Also thought I'd post my specs here for reference. I'm using an asus gaming labtop.

Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.3GHZ
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M (3GB)
8GB Ram
64 bit install of windows 7

FTB Config
c252d80877.png

I'm using FastCraft, and these java arguments both in environment variables and in the FTB Launcher
-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"

in game settings
cb313256dd.png

I run the game, singleplayer pretty well on these settings.

I average ~160 fps

Proof
64e24512ed.png

With little to no perceptible lag when I interact with things. Although, the maps do lag me for half a second.

I also changed my viewdist to 8 and maxed my settings. There was a ~10fps (average) drop but that's it.

more proof
a2be530ae9.png

Hopefully this helps people. Tbh, I think a lot of the problem may be in not running a 64bit system. Something about wordsize. I also recall 32 bit systems having a 4 gig max on usable memory (even if you have 4+ gigs of ram the OS and CPU can't handle it), although i'm not sure about this.

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
The pack does not have randommobs installed, so that is either referring to the optifine function (which, sorry, will not troubleshoot issues with optifine), or extra mods I didn't put in so can't/won't troubleshoot either.

It would be referring to Optifine, but I did turn the function off, so I'm unsure as to why it's making any change... Which version do you use?

Turned off RandomMobs, stopped making RandomMobs messages., but still get the same results when trying to load the game.

[00:10:42] [Netty Client IO #0/ERROR] [FML/]: HandshakeMessageHandler exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Timeout waiting for client thread to catch up!
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.waitForPlayClient(FMLClientHandler.java:850) ~[FMLClientHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.waitForPlayClient(FMLCommonHandler.java:585) ~[FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.clientListenForServerHandshake(NetworkDispatcher.java:154) ~[NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.FMLHandshakeClientState$1.accept(FMLHandshakeClientState.java:33) ~[FMLHandshakeClientState$1.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.FMLHandshakeClientState$1.accept(FMLHandshakeClientState.java:27) ~[FMLHandshakeClientState$1.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.HandshakeMessageHandler.userEventTriggered(HandshakeMessageHandler.java:40) ~[HandshakeMessageHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:308) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:294) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.userEventTriggered(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:108) [ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:308) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:294) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.userEventTriggered(ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.java:108) [ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireUserEventTriggered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:779) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.handlerAdded(NetworkDispatcher.java:132) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.callHandlerAdded0(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:484) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.callHandlerAdded(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:479) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.addBefore0(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:178) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.addBefore(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:163) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.addBefore(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:153) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.insertIntoChannel(NetworkDispatcher.java:119) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.clientToServerHandshake(NetworkDispatcher.java:124) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.internal.FMLNetworkHandler.fmlClientHandshake(FMLNetworkHandler.java:66) [FMLNetworkHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerLoginClient.func_147390_a(NetHandlerLoginClient.java:107) [biz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.login.server.S02PacketLoginSuccess.func_148833_a(SourceFile:39) [js.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.login.server.S02PacketLoginSuccess.func_148833_a(SourceFile:11) [js.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.channelRead0(NetworkManager.java:113) [ej.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.channelRead0(NetworkManager.java:317) [ej.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:98) [SimpleChannelInboundHandler.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:337) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:323) [DefaultChannelHandlerContext.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:785) [DefaultChannelPipeline.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel.finishPeerRead(LocalChannel.java:313) [LocalChannel.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel.access$400(LocalChannel.java:43) [LocalChannel.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.local.LocalChannel$6.run(LocalChannel.java:299) [LocalChannel$6.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:354) [SingleThreadEventExecutor.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:348) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_25]
[00:10:51] [Server thread/DEBUG] [PerfectSpawnCore/]: Transforming noppes.npcs.NoppesUtilPlayer

Reactions: eDilettante

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I am using B4 for optifine. Now there will be a delay normally when world first loads because of the way journeymap starts. On a brand new world I have had this take up to 5 minutes and yes, I have reported this to the dev.