[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried the JVM arguments? I have seen some fps drop, but nowhere near as significant as you are reporting and I use all three methods I suggested.

These are my specs before adding the JVM arguments, I didn't have them earlier
YSosKwN.png

After adding the JVM arguments in the FTB advanced options area

FPuWyxn.png

Picture was from pretty much the same location, my framerate for some reason doesn't seem to go significantly above 30 (Highest I've had was 33 fps) The framerate is set to unlimited. After adding the JVM arguments, nothing really changed in terms of framerate, interacting with anything (Including pressing esc) still causes a lag spike. However the memory usage has went down. I don't think this is really related to modpack but I hope anyone experienced with this can help. The buddy who plays with me on my server experiences 120+ framerates on a lower-end computer with similar settings, except he has higher render distance, which mine is currently set at 4. I'm not quite sure what causes this, thanks for any help in advance.

I'm not very experienced with java so I feel that it's just "not using" the memory I've allocated to it, despite it lagging. My framerate is usually lower when I go outside of my underground section about 17 fps I have no idea why it's not using the memory either. I have a NVIDIA GTX 850M graphics card if that matters.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
YSosKwN.png

FPuWyxn.png

Picture was from pretty much the same location, my framerate for some reason doesn't seem to go significantly above 30 (Highest I've had was 33 fps) The framerate is set to unlimited. After adding the JVM arguments, nothing really changed in terms of framerate, interacting with anything (Including pressing esc) still causes a lag spike. However the memory usage has went down. I don't think this is really related to modpack but I hope anyone experienced with this can help. The buddy who plays with me on my server experiences 120+ framerates on a lower-end computer with similar settings, except he has higher render distance, which mine is currently set at 4. I'm not quite sure what causes this, thanks for any help in advance.

I'm not very experienced with java so I feel that it's just "not using" the memory I've allocated to it, despite it lagging. My framerate is usually lower when I go outside of my underground section about 17 fps I have no idea why it's not using the memory either. I have a NVIDIA GTX 850M graphics card if that matters.
The day you find the answer to why they get those framerates is the day I dance for joy...been trying to figure out that myself...lol

As for another server with TolkienCraft II, yes I have seen some, try looking through the server advertisements here at FTB.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
YSosKwN.png

FPuWyxn.png

Stop using the ftb launcher and switch to multimc and see what you get then.

unseennote

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I tried to start a new world, it get's to 80% loaded, and then the game kicks me out of it, so I can't play at all.
[22:18:16] [Server thread/INFO]: unseennote left the game
[22:18:17] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping singleplayer server as player logged out
I did add Fastcraft and Optifine.
I see a lot of stuff about RandomMobs, also a lot of "The overworld is not loaded!". I tried to load it a second time, and it got to the same point, but instead of sending me back to the main menu, it just crashed.

I have 3GB of RAM allocated to FTB, unsure as to why it keeps booting me off before the world has loaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

Ginko

Jul 29, 2019

You could also try adding them to the Windows Environment Variables directly. Go to Control Panel, System and Security, System, Advanced System Settings, Environment Variables,

Make a new variable

call it JAVA_OPTS,
and paste this mythical string into the other field, "-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" I assume this is the one u use c:

Worked for me, may work for you c:

Reactions: GreatOrator

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try adding them to the Windows Environment Variables directly. Go to Control Panel, System and Security, System, Advanced System Settings, Environment Variables,

Make a new variable

call it JAVA_OPTS,
and paste this mythical string into the other field, "-Dforge.forceNoStencil=true -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" I assume this is the one u use c:

Worked for me, may work for you c:
Doesn't seem to make any difference, does it matter that I'm using a laptop? Because a lower-speced desktop computer magically has 120 fps o.e

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
so the world finally loaded but most blocks arent visible anyone else has that problem ? :/ please help
You're getting 2fps, the minimap shows fps for some reason.
Looks like your computer is lagging quite badly. Try launching with 4GB of ram, reduce render distance to 4. Add optifine and fastcraft and lower the graphics quality (by changing everything to fast etc.)

cbruh

Jul 29, 2019
You're getting 2fps, the minimap shows fps for some reason.
Looks like your computer is lagging quite badly. Try launching with 4GB of ram, reduce render distance to 4. Add optifine and fastcraft and lower the graphics quality (by changing everything to fast etc.)
Fastcraft and optifine are already on
Nd I do have 4gbs of ram, in gonna try the rendering and lowering graphics , however what about the invisible blocks ?

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
Fastcraft and optifine are already on
Nd I do have 4gbs of ram, in gonna try the rendering and lowering graphics , however what about the invisible blocks ?
That's a half-loaded chunk, it seems due to the world not loading properly (likely due to lag)

I have these little tiny things I do not sure if it significantly improves framerate but you can try minimising all background apps, close those unused ones.