Opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
A quote from that article:

"Considering that almost 40 percent of Minecraft's 54 million copies sold were for the game's Pocket Edition, it would make sense that Microsoft would want a piece of that pixelated pie."

40 percent of Minecraft is made up from PE? Huh?

Microsoft has already taken their share of the pie, that's why it's missing here:

Pumpkin_Pie.png

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this isn't true, but with Mojang not even trying to put the rumors to rest it would seem that this is going to happen.
Its a dark day for the greatest game ever made.

Kyle98750

Sep 16, 2013
Alright Ladies.
Pack up your jars all 1.2.5 to 1.8. Get all the modpacks you even had the slighest idea of playing. Also get server files for all said packs and vanilla. Seal it in a folder called "My Presious". It's gonna be a rough ride folks!

Image removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, comparing microsoft with people with intellectual disabilities is pretty mean to people who just have a disability. People with suffering from mental retardation can be great people, but suffer a lot of undeserved bullshit from society. Unlike microsoft, who are rotten to the core but still get loads and loads of societal benefits.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, its pretty much been confirmed. At least Microsoft is being intelligent about the entire damned thing. Now, there was a line for exactly this kind of situation, but I can't quite remember it...OH YEAH!

CALLED THAT SHIT!

Seriously, the amount of bloody fearmongering with this whole ordeal is like what happened after Obama got elected. Microsoft isn't "COMIN FER AR MODZ!," they won't bork the EULA, they won't enforce draconian copy protection methods, they'll be as they have always been: god damned intelligent. Hell, maybe we'll get some actual, quality god damned updates, for once. Mojang sure as hell couldn't deliver on that, its time to see if someone else can do better.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I for one like Microsoft better than mojang even right now. All I am worrying about is how Microsoft will make a profit from $2B. I don't care if they change vanilla or if they update the specs of the game to run faster but require better machines. All I care about is that at the end of the day I can still play mod packs which were created completely legally under the EULA and I seriously doubt MS will change that.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What I will do if there is:

I see your link and raise
[DOUBLEPOST=1410708250][/DOUBLEPOST]
Honestly, comparing microsoft with people with intellectual disabilities is pretty mean to people who just have a disability. People with suffering from mental retardation can be great people, but suffer a lot of undeserved bullshit from society. Unlike microsoft, who are rotten to the core but still get loads and loads of societal benefits.

Have you looked at Apple lately? At least Bill Gates has a charity that helps 3rd world countries as opposed to profiting from them.[DOUBLEPOST=1410708324][/DOUBLEPOST]
Microsoft has already taken their share of the pie, that's why it's missing here:

Pumpkin_Pie.png

In case you didn't know, there is no version of PE for Windows phone.

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
What I see them doing is offering the game for free but charging monthly access like XBOX Live (do they still do that?) That will translate across platforms but brands everyone back to a Microsoft and they will push their mobile platforms also.

Because server play will be listed through their services in my theory, mods will not fit within that scope.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Well, its pretty much been confirmed. At least Microsoft is being intelligent about the entire damned thing. Now, there was a line for exactly this kind of situation, but I can't quite remember it...OH YEAH!

Thanks for linking the Bloomberg article, that was excellent.

Also, my preferred version:

"I hope somebody answers that phone. Because I f-ing called it!"

Side note - if you watch the video there it's kind of funny to see the Bloomberg people unable to really grasp concepts like that games aren't only played by kids.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand they aren't touching PC edition(they pretty much said they are ignoring it in the article I read.) Instead, they are focusing on mobile. They also said they are not releasing any new games on "rival platforms." Not that they would stop updates. Lastly, the mojangsters have gotten active on Twitter again and show no signs of PC edition being changed. In fact, Dinnerbone released a new tool for PC edition Minecraft. In otherwords: THE WORLD HASN'T ENDED YOU BUNCH OF FOOLS.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand they aren't touching PC edition(they pretty much said they are ignoring it in the article I read.) Instead, they are focusing on mobile. They also said they are not releasing any new games on "rival platforms." Not that they would stop updates. Lastly, the mojangsters have gotten active on Twitter again and show no signs of PC edition being changed. In fact, Dinnerbone released a new tool for PC edition Minecraft. In otherwords: THE WORLD HASN'T ENDED YOU BUNCH OF FOOLS.
Don't tell me the world's not ending! It better be ending! I bought chips and soda for the end of Minecraft party :(. Now what am i going to do with these?