Opinions on Microsoft buying Mojang

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
But the thing you have to understand is that a lot of people, specifically those people who disagree with me, are objectively wrong.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
But the thing you have to understand is that a lot of people, specifically those people who disagree with me, are objectively wrong.
Do you think fred phelps church does anything good? Do you think they are good for the conversation? Read into that however you want, but a wrong opinion, blasted with a megaphone, insulting your ears is just as sure to turn people away and make a decision against that thing they believe in. Even moreso, than a convincing argument affirming your opinion.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
We need a defcon type name to call this. Are we at withercon 3 or 4 today?

Withercon 1,000. Nothing will happen outside people freaking out and jumping ship because "DE MAHCRUHSAWFT DEEMINZ IZ AFTAH MUH SAWFWARSE!" The only problems coming out of this whole thing are coming from the community.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think fred phelps church does anything good? Do you think they are good for the conversation? Read into that however you want, but a wrong opinion, blasted with a megaphone, insulting your ears is just as sure to turn people away and make a decision against that thing they believe in. Even moreso, than a convincing argument affirming your opinion.
I believe you just missed the joke quite impressively.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
-snip- Do you think they are good for the conversation? -snip-

Actually I've found the Westboro nutters handy on several occasions. Nothing like having someone spouting about the evils of Islam, and how anyone still believing in such a "hatefull" religion should be placed on watch lists. At which point I google Westboro, pass them my phone and listen to them sputter about Westboro being nothing but a fringe group.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Dire taught me that anything can be defeated with enough mods.

Well, except Endermen, who may be behind the Microsoft buyout. It's too early to tell.
A single industrial coil will take care of all endermen within range, I think. If not, they'll be scared off and T-port away.