Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't been able to find any other way to drain and store liquid XP, is there a method with other mods to do the same thing?
Minefactory Reloaded has Mob Essence, which is the liquid xp of this pack. You can drain your own levels to make essence with the XP Extractor item, which will turn 1 level and a empty bucket into a full bucket. You are better off setting up some Grinders on a dark room.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I wanted to know if there's a way to upgrade hammers. I have the stonehammer and I'd like to replace it soon-ish but I can't seem to get another one done... the Tinkers Tooltable doesnt have a hammer option... do I need to try the hammerecipe with 2 iron/gold/diamonds insteand of wood/stone or is this also done with Tinkers Construct? I cant seem to make sense of this so a short explanation would be great!

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I wanted to know if there's a way to upgrade hammers. I have the stonehammer and I'd like to replace it soon-ish but I can't seem to get another one done... the Tinkers Tooltable doesnt have a hammer option... do I need to try the hammerecipe with 2 iron/gold/diamonds insteand of wood/stone or is this also done with Tinkers Construct? I cant seem to make sense of this so a short explanation would be great!
1. Use grammar
2. Those hammers are from two different mods.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone torch on the other side of the block, forgot to mention that, my bad :)
http://i.imgur.com/NDFctnS.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/NDFctnS.png

that's a bit... I rather like my way of doing it, by using 4 drawbridges

xw7TOHS.png

this way I can easily pick up and move the portal if needed. if I want to switch the portal off, I just retract one of the drawbridges.
and if I want to switch it back on, I'm using a flint and steel, seeing as I already made and used it anyways

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Why are alot of stuff from openblocks disabled, like the xp stuff, the fans and everything ?

Because a lot of those have exploits in this pack. Open Blocks is a mish-mash of useful random blocks. That's why its possible to easily disable items directly in the config. If something is disabled in Ag Skies its probably got an exploit attached.

Reactions: immibis

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Another titbit advice thing i think some other people may find useful, A toggle-able nether portal :)
http://i.imgur.com/ANRI632.png

With the introduction of the Warp Book mod into the modpack, you really only need to make a Nether Portal once. Warp Book and pages are incredibly cheap. Set one page to your Home base and once you are in the Nether, set another page to any place you want to spawn in the Nether. Now just break your portal and use the Warp Book to go back and forth. The Warp Book also is a cheap way of getting out of a fight that your are losing. If you are playing Single Player, when you open the Warp Book it pauses the game. This can allow you to escape a Hell Fish attack right before you die. You can also use this to warp back up to your base if you accidentally fall off your platform if you have it in your hot bar and are fast enough.[DOUBLEPOST=1397833756][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm glad fans are disabled, can you imagine the chaos which could be caused with SMP servers and fans with people blowing others off skyblocks?

You can use slime channels, conveyor belts and water to do the same thing to other people. Albeit, you have to be a little more crafty to do it :p

Useful tip for conveyor belts. You can turn off the ability for them to capture players in the config. Useful for single player so you can setup your mob farm easier without having to worry about getting moved around.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if intended, but you can complete the 8th Quest tab quite easly( the reactor one is a bit more tricky) all you gotta need is cobble gen, handful iron( 27), 3 gunpowder, 3 redstone, 3 sand and a charcoal block. Also 1 lapiz for the tank quest.

To save up extra crafting/trouble pick yellorium as reward when you do the quest with the steelwork book, because the next quest requires 1 Yellorium.

Set up your high oven and just smelt blocks of iron, each will require 1 gun/red/sand instead of 9 if you smelt them normally.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if intended, but you can complete the 8th Quest tab quite easly( the reactor one is a bit more tricky) all you gotta need is cobble gen, handful iron( 27), 3 gunpowder, 3 redstone, 3 sand and a charcoal block. Also 1 lapiz for the tank quest.

To save up extra crafting/trouble pick yellorium as reward when you do the quest with the steelwork book, because the next quest requires 1 Yellorium.

Set up your high oven and just smelt blocks of iron, each will require 1 gun/red/sand instead of 9 if you smelt them normally.

Talking about the 8th tab, how do you get it? It's in an update?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Talking about the 8th tab, how do you get it? It's in an update?

Its with the new 2.0.3 I unlocked it upon completing the I'm smelting quest( the one with the smeltery parts). IF you already have completed it I'm not sure if it will update.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
It rained on my first night of a new AS map, and collected 2 barrels.

Now it's 3 minecraft weeks, with no sleep whatsoever and still no rain - getting desperate :( I can't continue without clay. Should have made a bucket first, not a crucible D:

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019

Now it's 3 minecraft weeks, with no sleep whatsoever.

Still no rain - getting desperate :( I can't continue without clay. Should have made a bucket first, not a crucible D:
There are other ways of getting water into a barrel.
glass bottles

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019

Now it's 3 minecraft weeks, with no sleep whatsoever and still no rain - getting desperate :( I can't continue without clay. Should have made a bucket first, not a crucible D:
Given the circumstances, I don't think anyone would blame you for turning rain on in NEI =)

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019

You can fill barrels with glass bottles, which if you are playing for 3 minecraft weeks farming trees, you probably have a bunch of materials so you can spare 3 sand.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't been able to find any other way to drain and store liquid XP, is there a method with other mods to do the same thing?

You can store it like any other liquid, any tank, AE fluid cells, etc.

If you pipe it into an OpenBlocks tank you can right-click the tank empty-handed to give yourself levels.

Orcao

Jul 29, 2019
Beware fishing w/ multiparts and mariculture! This setup crashed after 3-4 casts:
http://puu.sh/8ehKI.png
Upon reloading (twice) all HCQM progress was reset. That little box was made by surrounding a piece of cobble on 4 sides w/ covers, placing 2 strips below it, breaking the cobble and putting water in its place.

Crash 1: http://pastebin.com/sgW6PmMe

Crash 2 (happened upon loading the world post-crash 1): http://pastebin.com/1ngcrUkk

End result? Quest progress 100% lost. That's what I get for trying to speed up fishing...

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I think my most important piece of advice at this point might be: Choose the blue slime bucket.