Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The slimy sapling is a pretty good choice as well.

The thing is, you can make green slimes with Ex Nihilo. If you take the blue slime water you can use it to spawn blue slimes so that you can capture and put them in an autospawner. If you don't take the blue water you don't get blue slimes, you have to sieve for blue slimeballs or find a way to farm a lot of slimy saplings.

If there is another way to get a blue slime you can capture with a safari net please tell me. :) As it stands now I'll be setting up green slime spawning/grinding, green slime dirt sieving automation and a probably a large manual slime tree farm.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I had forgotten that you can spawn green slimes from barrels.

The blue slime bucket is definitely the better choice as you cannot get it using any other method. Same if you like the slime trees. Blue slime balls can be obtained from both awards, just not the slimes themselves.

I personally think the slimy trees are rather neat looking, and I will be using them in my base, so I will likely get both rewards.

I just restarted AS on 2.0.3 platform, so we will see how I do this time around. I have used the unplugging the mouse trick, and it is definitely helpful for sieving and hammering at the cobble gen.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I just remembered a vanilla trick. When you are trying to get below your platform, you can use a water elevator, but you can also use a piston. Use the piston to push blocks down, then build against the block, or mine down to the lowest block, then build your platform.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, you can make green slimes with Ex Nihilo. If you take the blue slime water you can use it to spawn blue slimes so that you can capture and put them in an autospawner. If you don't take the blue water you don't get blue slimes, you have to sieve for blue slimeballs or find a way to farm a lot of slimy saplings.

If there is another way to get a blue slime you can capture with a safari net please tell me. :) As it stands now I'll be setting up green slime spawning/grinding, green slime dirt sieving automation and a probably a large manual slime tree farm.

you seem to be forgetting the auto dictionairy block from Mariculture ;)
all type of slimeballs are in the forge dictionairy, meaning you can get blue slimeballs by putting green slimeballs in the dictionairy block

Reactions: cannajan

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
you seem to be forgetting the auto dictionairy block from Mariculture ;)
all type of slimeballs are in the forge dictionairy, meaning you can get blue slimeballs by putting green slimeballs in the dictionairy block
That feels like cheating. :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How can you get oyster in a void world?
Do you want oysters or is it really pearls you want? Pearls you can get from mariculture fishing. If it is the oysters you want there is at least one quest that offers them as a reward.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That feels like cheating. :)

it's not, as it's not like you're magically getting slimeballs out of thin air. you actually need to get the normal slimeballs, and forge-dictionairy them to blue slimeballs
but no one is forcing you to do this, the game can be played the way you want to play it

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
it's not, as it's not like you're magically getting slimeballs out of thin air. you actually need to get the normal slimeballs, and forge-dictionairy them to blue slimeballs
but no one is forcing you to do this, the game can be played the way you want to play it

There is no point in having a quest requiring you to produce both times of slime blocks if you can just dictionary between the two slime types. You'll notice the requirement for the blue blocks is lower as if they are significantly harder to acquire.

I didn't say it was cheating, I said it felt like cheating. :)

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Is that reallynecessary? Rope ladders are a much safer option here

I think it is. I tried using a rope ladder and got stuck on it. When I finally got unstuck, I ended up falling off and fell into the void. So yes, the piston trick is definitely necessary. :p

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I think it is. I tried using a rope ladder and got stuck on it. When I finally got unstuck, I ended up falling off and fell into the void. So yes, the piston trick is definitely necessary. :p

#Nope, just water and win win.

Phantasm23

Jul 29, 2019
Questions:
  1. How do I unlock Chapter 7 (The End) in the Quest Book? My server is v1.0.8.
  2. How do I get to The End? - I tried the 9 Eye of Ender in 3x3 pattern and it failed.
  3. How do i get Certus Combs, if I can't get to The End to get the Ender Species of Bee? - Villagers don't seem to trade them, and ExNihilo requires an End Biome for the Artifical Hives to attract the bees.

Last edited:

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I chose the bucket of blue slime but I can't get it to spawn slime. All I did was make a cobble square and put the slime stuff in the middle but no spawning. Are there specific requirements? I assume green slime will spawn if I made a platform below level 40 but didn't think blue slime needed this.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Actually i've got a slime spawning at the level of the island, to the left of the island (can't remember the cardinal direction ^^, but its the side of the jungle and swampland)

Also, the back side of the island is nice and easy to expand: easy access to the house, the water and more "equal" then the other sides.

A good trick once you have the planter/harvester, set it up to pick up leaves for a few mins, easy dirt! Oh and don't forget the sludge boiler is poisonous...