Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
Necro post, but I'll bite.

Autopackagers were what I used for the outputs of the automated sieves. They were fast enough to keep up. It was a 1 Autopackager to 3 Sieves ratio, assuming you have each Sieve maxed out on AAs running them for maximum speed. I didn't mess with the ratio so I don't know what optimal is, but I know 1:3 worked for me and was cheap.

I tried using Autopackagers for the cobble compression quests and there are nowhere remotely close to fast enough if you want to finish in a lifetime. CA's are roughly a zillion times faster. (exact measured calculations there) CA's are the only real option for for the cobble compression quests.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Necro post, but I'll bite.
I tried using Autopackagers for the cobble compression quests and there are nowhere remotely close to fast enough if you want to finish in a lifetime. CA's are roughly a zillion times faster. (exact measured calculations there) CA's are the only real option for for the cobble compression quests.

CAs are much faster than Autopackagers, but that doesn't mean Autopackagers aren't good for creating octuple compressed cobblestone. If you use CAs up to triple compressed cobblestone, a single Autopackager can handle the crafting of the rest of the compression.

RazielTheFallen

Jul 29, 2019
CAs are much faster than Autopackagers, but that doesn't mean Autopackagers aren't good for creating octuple compressed cobblestone. If you use CAs up to triple compressed cobblestone, a single Autopackager can handle the crafting of the rest of the compression.
i got the advice, i have now one CA for the compressed Cobblestone and a following chain of Autopackager.

it seems AgS is already outdated...but i stick to my first modded Minecraft-experience.
i hope you guys not lazy to answer some question i got last time while playing AgS:

1. can i use all the blood i pump out of my "smeltery-mob-trap"? i hoped for BloodMagic. Actually i'm not into BM ...I only made this Orb and wondering why my blood is running, constantly disappearing out of the Altar. (i tried to make chicken spawn-eggs but i have to "donate blood" constantly coz the altar doesn't hold the blood/LP) :( ...bug?

2. Can i activate somehow the signalization for the "Saturation" without installing the "spice of live"-Mod?

3. How can i get the Oysters? (except reward-bag) --- actually i run an Auto-Fischer (Mariculture) with a Reed-Rod and grasshoper bait on a pond in swamp-biome. so far i only got crap. what to do?

4. what experience you have? --- how many Pulverizers can one IE feed? --- actually i run two PU directly on one IE to avoid glogged itemducts

5. can it work? --- Magmatic Dynamos and Lava-Fabricators from MFR?

6. is the Modifier "Unbreakable" (Reinforced X) a Lie?
i made a scythe, Obsidian-Head, rest is Thaumium, first i put in two Obsidian-Plates --> Reinforced V
then i made it somehow to get Reinforced X=unbreakable and 3 Modfiers remaining. added Diamond-Hammer to get smashing coz i wanna use it in an AA for hammering my Gravel-Ore and Sand-Ore.
it still gets damage and breaks. i changed head to Steel+additional ObsidianPlate, it doesn't helped.
is it because it is a Scythe, which is smashing? would a hammer+smashing-modifier be unbreakable?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
i got the advice, i have now one CA for the compressed Cobblestone and a following chain of Autopackager.

it seems AgS is already outdated...but i stick to my first modded Minecraft-experience.
i hope you guys not lazy to answer some question i got last time while playing AgS:

1. can i use all the blood i pump out of my "smeltery-mob-trap"? i hoped for BloodMagic. Actually i'm not into BM ...I only made this Orb and wondering why my blood is running, constantly disappearing out of the Altar. (i tried to make chicken spawn-eggs but i have to "donate blood" constantly coz the altar doesn't hold the blood/LP) :( ...bug?

2. Can i activate somehow the signalization for the "Saturation" without installing the "spice of live"-Mod?

3. How can i get the Oysters? (except reward-bag) --- actually i run an Auto-Fischer (Mariculture) with a Reed-Rod and grasshoper bait on a pond in swamp-biome. so far i only got crap. what to do?

4. what experience you have? --- how many Pulverizers can one IE feed? --- actually i run two PU directly on one IE to avoid glogged itemducts

5. can it work? --- Magmatic Dynamos and Lava-Fabricators from MFR?

i made a scythe, Obsidian-Head, rest is Thaumium, first i put in two Obsidian-Plates --> Reinforced V
then i made it somehow to get Reinforced X=unbreakable and 3 Modfiers remaining. added Diamond-Hammer to get smashing coz i wanna use it in an AA for hammering my Gravel-Ore and Sand-Ore.
it still gets damage and breaks. i changed head to Steel+additional ObsidianPlate, it doesn't helped.
is it because it is a Scythe, which is smashing? would a hammer+smashing-modifier be unbreakable?
Again, slightly Necro-ing but I'll see what I can do:

1) Not sure what you mean about blood from a mob trap but with regards to the Blood Altar, you may not be aware that the altar actually has an internal fluid buffer - not sure what size it is, but that would account for it draining out (I'm assuming you're not trying to make any slates or anything while you're trying to fill it!) - keep draining blood into it and you should find that it will eventually fill up.
Note: The fluid buffer is used for piping the life essence (blood) into and out of the altar, and without using one or more Runes of Dislocation the rate at which it transfers between the internal buffer tank and the main altar tank (using "tank" here to mean container that holds fluid) is fixed.

2) If you're talking about Agrarian Skies, you shouldn't really be adding any mods into it... if by that you mean a visible display of saturation, I don't think there's any other way.

3) This is a tough one - apparently you can fish them out; I wouldn't expect it to require manual fishing but this may be the case?

4) I'm actually running 4 pulverisers/pulveriser chains from 1 Igneous Extruder (with itemduct set on Round Robin) - nothing has gotten clogged up for me so far. On that note, I actually have a single AutoPackager dealing with ALL my gravel, sand and dust ores except the platinum ones, as there are only 8 slots per export bus and I'm only using 3 buses; that single AP is actually handling it all fine, BUT I've only got 2 gravel sieves, 1 sand sieve and 1 dust sieve going.

5) Going by basic calculations, no, unless the values have been changed. The Lava Fabricator requires 200,000 RF (well, 20,000 MJ technically) for 1 bucket of lava; the Magmatic Dynamo produces 180,000 RF per bucket. You'd be running at a loss.

6) That IS odd! Afraid I've not no words of wisdom; maybe as its involving Ex Nihilo, it gets damaged regardless? So if it was a pick or hammer doing their normal thing it wouldn't get damaged, but as its using the "hammer" mechanic from ExNi, damage is still applied?

Cheers,

- GwnG

Gimples

Jul 29, 2019

Unbreakable X isn't a lie. But I've experienced that the smashing modifier bypasses the unbreakable modifier. :(

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

RazielTheFallen

Jul 29, 2019
1) Not sure what you mean about blood from a mob trap but with regards to the Blood Altar, you may not be aware that the altar actually has an internal fluid buffer - not sure what size it is, but that would account for it draining out (I'm assuming you're not trying to make any slates or anything while you're trying to fill it!) - keep draining blood into it and you should find that it will eventually fill up.
Note: The fluid buffer is used for piping the life essence (blood) into and out of the altar, and without using one or more Runes of Dislocation the rate at which it transfers between the internal buffer tank and the main altar tank (using "tank" here to mean container that holds fluid) is fixed.

thanks for info, i will keep it in mind when i test to pump the blood in it.
I meant blood i get when mobs are dying in molten e.g. copper. I run my smeltery-mob-trap for long time now gathering a lot blood and resonant ender.

the Problem with my BM-Altar...i have no clue. i remember that i had to hit every 3sec the sacraficing orb, coz the blood was running quick out of the altar. it was a pain to make this orb out of the diamond and the divinition-thing. Maybe it is a bug or i mad something wrong. any ideas?
my altar was standing on dirt...maybe it runs out in the soil :)

3) This is a tough one - apparently you can fish them out; I wouldn't expect it to require manual fishing but this may be the case?

maybe you are right, i will test manual fishing and the next better fishing rod in the auto-fisher let's see if i can get those oyster.

4) I'm actually running 4 pulverisers/pulveriser chains from 1 Igneous Extruder (with itemduct set on Round Robin) - nothing has gotten clogged up for me so far. On that note, I actually have a single AutoPackager dealing with ALL my gravel, sand and dust ores except the platinum ones, as there are only 8 slots per export bus and I'm only using 3 buses; that single AP is actually handling it all fine, BUT I've only got 2 gravel sieves, 1 sand sieve and 1 dust sieve going.

my sieving area is actually bigger, 9 Sieves (3xGravel, 2xSand, 2xDust, 2xSoulsand), 45 AA's, 31 CA's and 3 Pairs of AA's to smash Gravel-Ore and Sand-Ore
the 3 Pairs of AA's are filled with unbreakable scythes
but it seems he is right:

Unbreakable X isn't a lie. But I've experienced that the smashing modifier bypasses the unbreakable modifier. :(

it seems unbreakable doesn't work with the smashing modifier. that destroy my whole plan to have an unattended sieving-area. :(
i have actually no ME-System...i wanted to solve built up my resource-supply before i set it up. i think i have to setup my future ME-System to fill the AA's with hammers.
but no experience,how to do it. any ideas? i guess export-bus on the AA's and a constant crafting-command in the ME-system to built constantly 1xStack of ston-hammers - or?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
thanks for info, i will keep it in mind when i test to pump the blood in it.
I meant blood i get when mobs are dying in molten e.g. copper. I run my smeltery-mob-trap for long time now gathering a lot blood and resonant ender.
Ahhh I see! The blood from Tinker's Construct is unfortunately not compatible with blood from Blood Magic - you can't pump it into an altar.

the Problem with my BM-Altar...i have no clue. i remember that i had to hit every 3sec the sacraficing orb, coz the blood was running quick out of the altar. it was a pain to make this orb out of the diamond and the divinition-thing. Maybe it is a bug or i mad something wrong. any ideas?
The Sacrificial Orb (which should use just glass, gold and iron unless the recipe is tweaked) is used to put blood into the Altar; the first orb you make for storage (Weak Blood Orb) is made by adding a diamond into an altar with 2000 LP ("blood", basically) into it. You need it to make the divination sigil in a crafting table, so I'm not sure where you actually are right now with it! If you have both of those, you've made a good start :) remember that the Sacrificial Orb must be used close to the altar, and repeated use should fill up the altar (again, once the internal buffer is full) - it shouldn't keep draining out forever. If you have the divination sigil, that can be easily used to give you a value for how much blood is in the altar.
my altar was standing on dirt...maybe it runs out in the soil :)
Hehe :) Hopefully not! If so that would be a massive bug - but I have a feeling its not.

maybe you are right, i will test manual fishing and the next better fishing rod in the auto-fisher let's see if i can get those oyster.
Hope so! I will keep my fingers crossed :)

my sieving area is actually bigger, 9 Sieves (3xGravel, 2xSand, 2xDust, 2xSoulsand), 45 AA's, 31 CA's and 3 Pairs of AA's to smash Gravel-Ore and Sand-Ore
the 3 Pairs of AA's are filled with unbreakable scythes
Crikey! Yeah, yours is definitely a bigger setup - but you shouldn't need more than 3 Igneous Extruders I'd imagine. I use 2 pairs of AAs to do gravel and sand ore myself - glad its not just me!

it seems unbreakable doesn't work with the smashing modifier. that destroy my whole plan to have an unattended sieving-area. :(
I was afraid that would be the case :(

i have actually no ME-System...i wanted to solve built up my resource-supply before i set it up. i think i have to setup my future ME-System to fill the AA's with hammers.
but no experience,how to do it. any ideas? i guess export-bus on the AA's and a constant crafting-command in the ME-system to built constantly 1xStack of ston-hammers - or?
Wow, really?? I couldn't get by without my ME system - and as you get a bunch of stuff with that quest line, it wasn't really too expensive to make either! You definitely could use that to make stone hammers; to be honest though I chose a simpler and lazier alternative: A cyclic assembler for each hammering AA pair, and in the internal inventory the top row filled with sticks and the bottom row with cobble. a hopper on each side with a chest on top feeding sticks and cobble, and that's lasted me ages so far! I know its a bit simple, but it works pretty well for me.