Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Thought i might share a tip that I've found useful on both of my playthroughs, if you find yourself getting a flight potion flask or bottle, use it to fly around the nether gathering ores such as redstone/diamond. Sticking 1 nether redstone ore in a TE Pulverizer gives you 24 redstone which is quite considerable early-mid game. Since you can fly, mobs such as the hellfish and pigmen pose no problem, and you can obtain blaze rods much easier if you find a fortress :)

Reactions: Tornado3019

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having problems with the filter in the MFR planter? I have a 19 x 19 farm set up with 5 slots taken up with each type of tree and crops in the other 4 slots. The trouble is every time I log out and then back into the game the filter looses the settings and I have to remember to run over and re-insert the items before everything gets messed up in the farm.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Sound advice that is. For me, the nether fortress was not far from my portal so I made a diamond dolly and snagged a blaze spawner and got it stored in a chest for when I need it. As for redstone, Half a stack would set you up for a while.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having problems with the filter in the MFR planter? I have a 19 x 19 farm set up with 5 slots taken up with each type of tree and crops in the other 4 slots. The trouble is every time I log out and then back into the game the filter looses the settings and I have to remember to run over and re-insert the items before everything gets messed up in the farm.
Yeah, I was having issues. I gave up and built a separate 9x9 farm for each plant I wanted.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
Sound advice that is. For me, the nether fortress was not far from my portal so I made a diamond dolly and snagged a blaze spawner and got it stored in a chest for when I need it. As for redstone, Half a stack would set you up for a while.
Got 26.5 stacks of redstone with one swig of a flight potion flask, among other things. Also i never knew diamond dollys could pick up spawners, time to make a farm me thinks.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Be careful when your using them. As soon as you pick up a spawner, you have slowness and mining fatigue debuffs which last until you are rid of the spawner, either into a chest or a backpack.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows the chance of getting emerald off gravel? I've passed like 15 stacks and didn't dot my 2nd one yet...

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
When starting off, you often get rain on the first night so be ready with the barrels :p

Also, for a starting boost, get hell's kitchen done asap and make 2 shears. This will get you around 40 dirt, enough for a cobble gen and expanding your farms.

I've restarted a few times, used to skip the Kitchen quest line all the time. It really is such a versatile way to start the map.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I seriosly think you should be able to use both gems in all slots, like if you have 4 emeralds you can craft it, because i needed to sieve 11 stacks of gravel to get my second emerald while having 9 diamonds.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
I seriosly think you should be able to use both gems in all slots, like if you have 4 emeralds you can craft it, because i needed to sieve 11 stacks of gravel to get my second emerald while having 9 diamonds.
You're just unlucky. I've gotten 3 emeralds from a stack of gravel in the past.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
You could hook that up to a pressure plate with a redstone latch, toggling the thing on when you want to go to the nether and off as soon as you return and step on it.

Madraver2011

Jul 29, 2019
You could hook that up to a pressure plate with a redstone latch, toggling the thing on when you want to go to the nether and off as soon as you return and step on it.
Thats not a bad idea, but i wouldn't know how to make it as 'compact' as this is[DOUBLEPOST=1397821512][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, does anybody know if the removal of the Open Blocks XP Drain and XP Shower is intentional? or am i missing something?

Last edited:

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Thats not a bad idea, but i wouldn't know how to make it as 'compact' as this is[DOUBLEPOST=1397821512][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, does anybody know if the removal of the Open Blocks XP Drain and XP Shower is intentional? or am i missing something?
It is intentional.