Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Coal/charcoal->steam dynamos + MFR tree farm.
Use the treefarm power to produce invar, then setup lava crucibles+magmatic dynamos.

After that you'll have the power to develop any of the other power sources in the game.

You can skip the steam step if you'd like since setting up a smeltery isn't a big deal with ex nihilo providing your gravel/sand/clay.

I would even go the other way around. Build a Survivalist Generator or two to power the first Pulverizer and then use the materials to go directly to Crucibles/Magmatic Dynamos. (You'll get plenty of Invar from manually sieving the first gravel and not much else to spend it on.)

Then with this power start to build up mob grinders, MFR farms etc.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I never got any invar from sifting gravel, which is why I needed a smeltery or induction smelter to produce it.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I managed to produce invar using nothing more than an AE basic grinder (grinding ingots) and a vanilla cobble furnace. Simple and early game access to invar.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to produce invar using nothing more than an AE basic grinder (grinding ingots) and a vanilla cobble furnace. Simple and early game access to invar.

Yep. :)

Or run the ore dusts through the Pulverizer and combine the pulverized iron and nickel in a crafting grid to get pulverized Invar.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automatically craft the ores from the sieve in a 2x2 grid? I don't want to use my MAC, because that would take a LOT of space (As in, 3 slots for each ore in the game).

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to automatically craft the ores from the sieve in a 2x2 grid? I don't want to use my MAC, because that would take a LOT of space (As in, 3 slots for each ore in the game).

Do you want this so you can then place them and hammer them to get more? or just so you can smelt them? All levels of Ores can be smelted in an TC Smeltery, and then made into blocks or ingots.

I made a large smeltery, and had a single pipe out going to 9 casting basins which then had their contents auto pulled, as long as I only put one metal at a time in, or ones that didn't blend into alloys, it wasn't a problem.

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
Do you want this so you can then place them and hammer them to get more? or just so you can smelt them? All levels of Ores can be smelted in an TC Smeltery, and then made into blocks or ingots.

I made a large smeltery, and had a single pipe out going to 9 casting basins which then had their contents auto pulled, as long as I only put one metal at a time in, or ones that didn't blend into alloys, it wasn't a problem.
I want my ores auto-smelted with my AE system and a Induction Smelter.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Well, okay, but that is a lot of cyclic assemblers.

It is, particularly when there isn't really any point to the process anyhow. Just setup two smelteries and throw the little bits in without combining them. Once your cobble gen and sieve line are automated the stuff just keeps pouring out, no need to do all that hammering.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
It is, particularly when there isn't really any point to the process anyhow. Just setup two smelteries and throw the little bits in without combining them. Once your cobble gen and sieve line are automated the stuff just keeps pouring out, no need to do all that hammering.
Bah. You mean we need a valid, useful purpose for our over-engineered ridiculous builds? Sometimes the point is to stack up every efficiency modifier and bonus possible. Whether we need that efficiency, or those bonuses are at all useful, is irrelevant :-D

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Bah. You mean we need a valid, useful purpose for our over-engineered ridiculous builds? Sometimes the point is to stack up every efficiency modifier and bonus possible. Whether we need that efficiency, or those bonuses are at all useful, is irrelevant :-D

In your quest for efficiency you've failed to make efficient use of your own time. :p

Reactions: Padfoote

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
In your quest for efficiency you've failed to make efficient use of your own time. :p
I'm playing a game. If I'm having fun, my time is being used efficiently!

I will absolutely agree that setting up a network of auto-crafting and hammering is relatively pointless with the kinds of resources you can generate from one fully automated sieve dumping straight into a Smeltery. Unless you like making that kind of crazy build for the sake of the build.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing a game. If I'm having fun, my time is being used efficiently!
I didn't mean it like that.

I mean the same amount of time/resources spent on increasing your cobblegen/pulverizing/smelteries would yield more resources. It is that saying about spending 90% of your time for the last 10% or however it goes.

Like most systems that go beyond ore-doubling by the time you have the resources to do it it doesn't make practical sense. I like Factorization ore processing as a technical challenge, for example, but I never actually do it until long after those extra resources would have been useful. :)

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know why people have failed to mention this, but the MFR liquicrafter requires no power, just a redstone pulse to craft. Have to say, I wish I could use the FZ packager; so simple to use, no GUI or controls and no power.

Reactions: Padfoote

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Something else has happened. I now love my mouse (razer naga)
VAZHeUH.png

Basically, macro for my mouse to be held down, instant gravel gen! And i can make that window super small and watch a youtube vid while i do it! :D
Also made a different macro for Holding down left click for when i want to run the gravel through the sifter.
Super op
Take that Jaded! @Jadedcat
Open up your chat or your inv, and minimise ftb. :D
EDIT: Wait no, Im being stupid. Move along, nothing to see here.
EDIT 2: MY 100th Post!!! YAY!!!

Last edited:

placeholder21

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still new to Agrarian Skies and I'm finding it really fun, the biggest problem I have been having is getting things to compost.