[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info :)
Is there a way for someone who didn't make the modpack to find out if a mod is update-able or not?
Most mods should be updatable, just be wary of major updates like BC6 to 7, and Mekanism 7 to 8 (definitely don't do this one, will break all the recipe changes to mek), and keep an eye out if they are updates to the newer forge versions without backwards compatibility (TiC is one example of this, IIRC 1.8.4 is the last version that works with the current forge version used by the pack).
Mods I definitely encourage updating would be Mariculture and storage drawers, as they fix bugs, and you could update to the last BC6 version quite happily too.

Felix_Shift

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoying the pack so far. Just had a little frustration trying to complete the You Sap quest. I was trying to use Maple saplings to complete it but I had to use Fir instead. Not a big deal just wanted to let you know about it :D

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Really enjoying the pack so far. Just had a little frustration trying to complete the You Sap quest. I was trying to use Maple saplings to complete it but I had to use Fir instead. Not a big deal just wanted to let you know about it :D
The issue is with Natura saplings as they are registered under two oredict tags for some reason, with the non-standard one being their first entry. I tried to fix this a while ago by removing the pointless non-standard tag, but they stubbornly insisted on keeping it.

Mr Muggles

Jul 29, 2019
Can't begin to say how much fun Regrowth has been so far. Just wanna throw in my gratitude and support in with everyone else's; keep up the spiffing work!

Reactions: rivvest

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know if 'Magical Forest' counts as a 'Forest' biome? I could have sworn that I'd seen some kind of equivalency chart for biomes from other mods that correspond to the vanilla Desert, Plains, etc. but I can't find it now.

PippinSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if 'Magical Forest' counts as a 'Forest' biome? I could have sworn that I'd seen some kind of equivalency chart for biomes from other mods that correspond to the vanilla Desert, Plains, etc. but I can't find it now.
all I know is that horses don't mind spawing there, together with coven witches and pechs, I'm pretty sure most 'normal' bees like it there too, as for a certain breeding combination that needs forest biome, I am unsure..

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, most bees just have temp/humidity requirements, and the 'Normal/Normal' will suffice. Also considering how it might affect ore distribution in the Spirit World.

*ponders the potential of horses...*

EDIT: Apparently, it does. Now to get this Poultry bee up to 2x fertility.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Yeah, most bees just have temp/humidity requirements, and the 'Normal/Normal' will suffice. Also considering how it might affect ore distribution in the Spirit World.

*ponders the potential of horses...*
There are a few bees that do need specific biomes to be mutated, but they don't need the biome to work. Heroic Bees and Rural Bees are the main two I can think of, which require Forest and Plains biomes respectively. Although once you got your Heroics or Rurals they'll work just fine in either the Forest or the Plains.
Will give my firstborn child for Regrowth update.
One word. Patience.

Reactions: fimbrethil

Lord Sekmeth

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add MFR and Openblocks to this, without breaking the mod? I love Regrowth to death, but the lack of automation is hurting a bit. Or maybe the fans from Rotarycraft? Or some system to help a bit on the grinding,

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It would break the feel of the modpack yes. But Automation certainly is possible. Golems are likely the easiest way, although you certainly can get creative with botania in order to set up stuff. Also Forestry is there, and it has it's multifarms. (Although the only way to get Apatite is via either bee or orechid, although you can make fertiliser from saltpeter, which is growable.) For all I know mek might have a way of doing it too. Buildcraft can even do it for you via robots, if you can work out how to use them (i haven't yet, but want to).

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to add MFR and Openblocks to this, without breaking the mod? I love Regrowth to death, but the lack of automation is hurting a bit. Or maybe the fans from Rotarycraft? Or some system to help a bit on the grinding,
Kinda depends on what your grind is.. as far as I know, MFR nor Openblocks help with the crops, as @rouge_bare said, golems are going to be the easiest. You can bee-line into Thaumcraft fairly quickly once you get to the third tier of seeds.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
There are a few bees that do need specific biomes to be mutated, but they don't need the biome to work. Heroic Bees and Rural Bees are the main two I can think of, which require Forest and Plains biomes respectively. Although once you got your Heroics or Rurals they'll work just fine in either the Forest or the Plains.

Yep, was aware of that, and I've been making a stash of 'Book of Biomes' pages for that. It was more a question of whether it was a waste of time to try to use the Magical Forest (which only requires a fortunate Silverwood planting) instead of the Witchery ritual.

Lord Sekmeth

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda depends on what your grind is.. as far as I know, MFR nor Openblocks help with the crops, as @rouge_bare said, golems are going to be the easiest. You can bee-line into Thaumcraft fairly quickly once you get to the third tier of seeds.

MFR have a compadibility patch that makes them able to harvest Magical crops. Rotarycraft should be able to do it as well. I would prefer to make them hard to make, or maintain, but the constant managing of the farms is getting a bit tedious for my personal preferences. But as mentioned before I do love the mod pack.

Openblock is more for conviniency, tank storage, xp storage and such.

It would break the feel of the modpack yes. But Automation certainly is possible. Golems are likely the easiest way, although you certainly can get creative with botania in order to set up stuff. Also Forestry is there, and it has it's multifarms. (Although the only way to get Apatite is via either bee or orechid, although you can make fertiliser from saltpeter, which is growable.) For all I know mek might have a way of doing it too. Buildcraft can even do it for you via robots, if you can work out how to use them (i haven't yet, but want to).

I'd prefer not having to use golems, they have a tendency to mess up after a while, or just get lost (even when fully walled in). As to buildcraft and robots, I read that they break the crops so you cant use them, otherwise that could work.

I didnt know there was multifarms, my bad, thats definitely an alternative, if they work with crops that is.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'd prefer not having to use golems, they have a tendency to mess up after a while, or just get lost (even when fully walled in). As to buildcraft and robots, I read that they break the crops so you cant use them, otherwise that could work.

Interesting, may I ask when you last used the golems? I ask because I remember this being an issue in Thaum3, and since then the AI for the little guys has been vastly improved several times.
Also, problems with pathing tend to be less common on a flat plain, which the generation in this pack certainly provides. ;)

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
@Lord Sekmeth: to put it bluntly, there are plenty of options for automation already within the pack. They are likely not what you're used to using, and that is on purpose, in an attempt to get you (and everyone) to try something new. MFR and openblocks are not needed or wanted, as adding either would certainly break progression.

If you are having trouble figuring something out, this is the place to ask. But don't just dismiss the available options because you know something that you think is easier.

Reactions: fimbrethil

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
@Lord Sekmeth: to put it bluntly, there are plenty of options for automation already within the pack. They are likely not what you're used to using, and that is on purpose, in an attempt to get you (and everyone) to try something new. MFR and openblocks are not needed or wanted, as adding either would certainly break progression.

If you are having trouble figuring something out, this is the place to ask. But don't just dismiss the available options because you know something that you think is easier.
To be fair, MFR would be nearly useless as they'd only be able to get rubber by getting a mega rubber tree sapling in dungeon loot.

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
My first post on the forums :p
My question is, can I install thaumicenergistics into this mod pack for single player worlds? I find it dificult to manage all the essence. I have like 900 jars of the stuff. And if so how do i do it?

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019

I have one harvest golem per 9x9 farm (yes I know the sprinkler's 7x7, shhh.... :p), and a hopperhock for each to reduce the number of golems, feeding into BC pipes and barrels. I've had them running for many (many!) hours without any problems :) The golems don't need to be able to replant, so there's very little they can do wrong.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
My first post on the forums :p
My question is, can I install thaumicenergistics into this mod pack for single player worlds? I find it dificult to manage all the essence. I have like 900 jars of the stuff. And if so how do i do it?
Go for it. IIRC it doesn't have anything like biome, potion or enchanting IDs, so installation should be as simple as dropping the mod file into the mods folder of the pack. On the FTB launcher, this is even simpler as all you have to do is click 'edit mod pack' (just above the list of mod packs) and then select to add the mod file from wherever on your computer you've downloaded the mod to.

TBH, the only real reason the likes of Thaumic Energistics, Extra Cells and Thaumic Horizons aren't in, is because I decided to keep AE simple in the base pack, and there are already plenty of TC addons without adding the other one that every other pack seems to be using currently. So these 3 mods are ones I'm quite happy for others to add themselves if they so wish.