[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Regrowth (and a number of others) just disappeared from my third party list, is anyone else having this, or is this a problem my end?

Cyn

Jul 29, 2019
Had same thing happen the other day to me. Re-added regrowth using the pack code and next time I restarted they all were back. Your mileage may vary.

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded Thaumicenergistics-0.8.10.7.jar from the minecraft fourms.
Dropped it in the regrowth mod folder but it didn't work.
Error message.

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
The mods and versions listed below could not be found
appliedenergistics2 : minimum version required is rv2-stable-1

I removed it but now my 3rd party mods are gone from the launcher. I re-downloaded regrowth and used a back up copy of my world.

Edit: i could not find 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log Where is it stored and dose it matter?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded Thaumicenergistics-0.8.10.7.jar from the minecraft fourms.
Dropped it in the regrowth mod folder but it didn't work.
Error message.

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
The mods and versions listed below could not be found
appliedenergistics2 : minimum version required is rv2-stable-1

I removed it but now my 3rd party mods are gone from the launcher. I re-downloaded regrowth and used a back up copy of my world.

Edit: i could not find 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log Where is it stored and dose it matter?
Oh, right, it needs a newer version of AE2 than is in the pack. Woops. I'm honestly not sure if updating AE2 will break anything, but feel free to try it. Install the updated version the same way you installed TEn, but make sure to disable the old version as well or you will get an FML error saying you've got a duplicate mod.

Millicent Oak

Jul 29, 2019
Had same thing happen the other day to me. Re-added regrowth using the pack code and next time I restarted they all were back. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks! I've got Regrowth back, but not others :/ Will look to see if there are any other fixes. At least I have Regrowth though!

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
after dropping the mods into the folder the launcher won't let me see the 3rd party packs. Any way to try and launch the game from the folder and not with the FTB launcher?

EDIT: nvm its working

Last edited:

StoneHammers

Jul 29, 2019
OMG it works it work it works!! thank you so much mod pack creator person :D

And thank you so much for creating this wonderful mod pack!

Last edited:

Lord Sekmeth

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, may I ask when you last used the golems? I ask because I remember this being an issue in Thaum3, and since then the AI for the little guys has been vastly improved several times.
Also, problems with pathing tend to be less common on a flat plain, which the generation in this pack certainly provides. ;)

You are right I havent used them since Thaum3, so I will give them another chance ;)

To be fair, MFR would be nearly useless as they'd only be able to get rubber by getting a mega rubber tree sapling in dungeon loot.

Or one could add rubber to the magical crops, I am not a good graphical designer, but just editing the output of the plant, and the name is easy :)

@Lord Sekmeth: to put it bluntly, there are plenty of options for automation already within the pack. They are likely not what you're used to using, and that is on purpose, in an attempt to get you (and everyone) to try something new. MFR and openblocks are not needed or wanted, as adding either would certainly break progression.

If you are having trouble figuring something out, this is the place to ask. But don't just dismiss the available options because you know something that you think is easier.

I am not dismissing the modpack creators choices or creation as a whole, I was originally merely asking if it was possible to add mod a or b. And I also don't want anything easier, since recipes can be tweaked and balanced. And you could also remove parts that doesn't fit with the game, it is just a personal preferance. Also I was not asking someone to do it, I was asking if it was possible or not, and if possible I would try to do it myself :)

But once I figured out multifarms was in here I can use that. Although I am still missing a few of the late game conveniences. :)

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Sometime between 6:30 pm yesterday and 9:00am today (EDT) someone at FTB BROKE something! I have the launcher running on 2 machines, Windows Virus 7 and Kubuntu 15.04 (new install on laptop), and everything was working fine as frog hair yesterday. This morning I am getting nastygrams on both consoles to the effect of XML "must begin and end in the same entity", classed as a "Fatal Error". Neither machine is able to find any of the third party packs. <growl> Please note that the only change I made was to copy my Soartex textures from Windows to Linux and tried to launch Linux to make sure they went where I wanted them to go. I have not updated either launcher (unless the computers did it on their own, in which case my "slaves" and I WILL have a knock-down, drag-out "discussion" about that. They are NOT permitted to do things that I don't know they are doing!)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Pech Foragers might be perswaded to give you some if you give them something shiny...
I've also had one or two spawn in my mob grinder within my Magical Forest biome area, which is how I got Ordo beans randomly. XD

Sometime between 6:30 pm yesterday and 9:00am today (EDT) someone at FTB BROKE something! I have the launcher running on 2 machines, Windows Virus 7 and Kubuntu 15.04 (new install on laptop), and everything was working fine as frog hair yesterday. This morning I am getting nastygrams on both consoles to the effect of XML "must begin and end in the same entity", classed as a "Fatal Error". Neither machine is able to find any of the third party packs. <growl> Please note that the only change I made was to copy my Soartex textures from Windows to Linux and tried to launch Linux to make sure they went where I wanted them to go. I have not updated either launcher (unless the computers did it on their own, in which case my "slaves" and I WILL have a knock-down, drag-out "discussion" about that. They are NOT permitted to do things that I don't know they are doing!)

Yup, happened all across the net apparently. I suspect, from the signs and messages and such, that the launcher simply couldn't find the data to load for the third party area. I just did something else for a while and it got fixed on it's own (so to speak), so good on the dev team for that quickness of theirs. :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Every time you load the FTB Launcher, it downloads the modpack info (and FTB News, etc) via XML files. This is how it's always worked, afaik. They've done something to bork the thirdparty.xml file.

nailfor

Jul 29, 2019
Also Forestry is there, and it has it's multifarms. (Although the only way to get Apatite is via either bee or orechid, although you can make fertiliser from saltpeter, which is growable.)
Easy way to get apatite - is TiC. Im make Manyullin Hammer vs Auto-smelt, luck, auto-repair and haste. Then I did the farm of the pistons, which creates 3x3 blocks of copper. Im simply stay and break copper mine

The Hammer
https://yadi.sk/i/EBTgEnwehoisk

Piston farm:
https://yadi.sk/i/aOomF4-Bhoijt

Process:
https://yadi.sk/i/sof2TM-Phoiqi

nailfor

Jul 29, 2019
I researched how to get Attuned bee
At the moment, there is no way, other than creativity, how to do it
The only "semi-legal" way is to change the configuration file MagicBees.cfg set forceHiveRegen = true
These bees appear in only a few biomes: HILLS MOUNTAIN MAGICAL with a chance of 40% but only if you are located around the solid blocks
y: 10 - 20
x and z coordinates must be divisible by 32
((chunkX% 2 == 0) and (chunkZ% 2 == 0))

If you know another way to get them to let me know

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
(Although the only way to get Apatite is via either bee or orechid, although you can make fertiliser from saltpeter, which is growable.)

Actually, unless Apatite Ore spawns in the Spirit World, you can't get Apatite Bees. Or does the orechid spit out raw ore blocks? *prepares to take notes*