[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Playing hardcore, just finished building a massive base, full manasteel gear.

Slept through the night, went to rearrange my farms. Suddenly I'm taking damage, no sound, no warning. 3-4 hits, and I died before I even had time to close the inventory. Guess what it was.
Ragequit the pack until those bastards get fixed. Hehe

Fibble

Jul 29, 2019
New to AgriCraft and can't really find anything about it in game....how do I get my Brown Mushroom Spores to grow? I would think Mycilium, but I can't get that without infestation spore; which takes brown mushrooms.....Which I have to grow. I feel like I am over thinking it but could someone give me some advice?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
New to AgriCraft and can't really find anything about it in game....how do I get my Brown Mushroom Spores to grow? I would think Mycilium, but I can't get that without infestation spore; which takes brown mushrooms.....Which I have to grow. I feel like I am over thinking it but could someone give me some advice?
Why does everyone presume you can't get mushrooms the same way you do in a normal world..?
They're both underground and in the Nether, same places as usual...

Reactions: ToxicFallenAngel

Fibble

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone presume you can't get mushrooms the same way you do in a normal world..?

Cause until now I had no reason to go underground. I have spent my entire time above ground except for the very first time I mined for cobble and dirt.
Thank you so much Phoenix for the reply. This is the best pack I have played in a long time. ^.^

Reactions: JustHeyo

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
Cause until now I had no reason to go underground. I have spent my entire time above ground except for the very first time I mined for cobble and dirt.
Thank you so much Phoenix for the reply. This is the best pack I have played in a long time. ^.^
a hidden quest requires you to go underground and find a essence berry bush :) so make sure if you see one pick it up!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
What do you guys think is the best early game automated storage solution? I have just obtained the resources for diamonds and emeralds, and I'm tired of manual sorting. Also, my buildcraft pipe build is incredibly bad... Items seem to be disappearing for some reason that I can't figure out. They're not just flying out to my knowledge, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm just bad at buildcraft... :p

What do you guys recommend as an alternative?

Isn't there a sorting core for golems from Thaumcraft? I haven't tried that particular one out yet, but the gathering and harvesting ones work wonders. Though one of them disappeared recently and I had to respawn him, but as this is a WIP pack I'd suggest you have cheats as an option in any case.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019

NEI is your friend... at least mostly.

8PrJPqr.png

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't there a sorting core for golems from Thaumcraft? I haven't tried that particular one out yet, but the gathering and harvesting ones work wonders. Though one of them disappeared recently and I had to respawn him, but as this is a WIP pack I'd suggest you have cheats as an option in any case.

Should be able to build a sorter with golems too, if you want a lot of moving... parts. :) There's also a fish sorter that appears to not be limited to fish. Haven't tried that.

I did diamond pipes with clay insertion pipes and mostly drawers in 0.65. Haven't done anything in 0.71 so far. Still working on research and my ocean base.

Reactions: JustHeyo

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge, there isn't any way currently to get shimmerleaf or cinderpearl plants from TC. Maybe agricraft seeds for them would be useful? Or at least the shimmerleaf, as it's semi-needed to unlock some researches (though I'm guessing using knowledge fragment research notes could work too)

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to the good mariculture webpage that was a good guide to all things Fishy? I'm not sure if it was a wiki, but I know it wasn't the one with the red background. I know the books are helpful, but this webpage had pictures of fish tank designs, etc.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
i think i found a big bug in the modpack (might be only on my side) but i can't craft anything that needs the witches couldron if i try to trow the last item in it it won't accept that final item
if anyone is wonderin i use the sphax resource pack

this are a few screenshots from in game to show you what i did
you can't see it on the picks but i trew the mutantis on the witches couldron but it did nothing what am i doing wrong?
also the last pick is soulsand with cropsticks on it to grow netherwarth but for some reason it says it is not fertile and can't grow there (also try'd placing it in the nether and it did nothing)
please help me out i wane progress ont he quests xD
Your altar does not have enough power... it needs 2000+ to work ( don't remember the exact number maybe 2800)

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running Extra Utilities just fine, and didn't have to do anything but drop the mod in. I mainly wanted it for the builders wand, but I have yet to make one.lol

Don't get me wrong I use to love Buildcraft, and used it for a long time. However, I'm not a fan of pipes that drop things, and having to build overflow, or loops to keep things from going wrong. I still like the machines, but the pipes were replaced when Red Power 2 was made, then Thermal expansion took there place, and so on. It's the natural order of things.

I think for me BC is older and showing it's age, but an add-on to it that I love is Logistics Pipes. Just adding in a smarter pipe system. I like AE...but it has become to ubiquitous and such a goto for many tech mods. It would be nice to see pipes again taking more of a center stage.

Because of the removal of Ores, it could be assumed that other things also went poof. Additionally one of the core reasons to go under ground was for the ores...with out them there is less interest in exploring down there as what is there to hunt for? That would be my guess at least.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I think for me BC is older and showing it's age, but an add-on to it that I love is Logistics Pipes. Just adding in a smarter pipe system. I like AE...but it has become to ubiquitous and such a goto for many tech mods. It would be nice to see pipes again taking more of a center stage.

I would take Logistics pipes if they were in this pack! I really like AE, but AE2 seems like it made that mod late game. At least for me, mainly because I just got the hang of AE1 and was able to use everything, but I feel like I'm starting over with AE2. Logistic pipes I would love to learn more about that mod. I have only made a remote order and that's it. I have always wanted to use auto crafting. But sadly it's not in this pack.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Just some feedback for @thephoenixlodge

• The progression unlocks for various mods that aren't Agricraft feel too tight. Many of the other mods (Thaumcraft, Forestry, Blood Magic) have their own progression limiting mechanisms in them, but it feels like everything is way too dependent on progressing through Agricraft/Magical Crops, and honestly - it gets a little boring punching plants. Which leads me to...
  • I may be wrong about this, but it appears that some of the quests are hidden and do not unlock in ways that are apparent to the player which sort of leads to some issues with direction. For instance, I really wanted to try out Witchery - but once I completed the two quests, I had no idea what to do next. Nothing unlocked and I had no idea what other things I needed to do to unlock them.
  • I could be wrong about this, since it might be a coincidence, but It also appears that some of the unlocks happen secretly when you acquire certain items. This is not all that great because sometimes you don't just run out and convert an essence into an item without a need to do so.
  • Several times I've actually completed quests before they were unlocked and unhidden, sometimes LOTS of quests. It makes me wonder why if they're capable of being completed, that they're hidden?
  • The quest progression for the technology side of the mod is pretty nonsensical. I was refining fuel and running combustion engines for my Assembly Table long before I seemingly randomly unlocked the quest that asked me to make a hobbiest steam engine (lol). It's like, why would I want to build this "Tinker Toy" at this stage?
  • I don't really understand what the point of the Nether is in this mod or the strict mining restrictions either. Other than the Nether Essence bottleneck, I haven't needed to visit there. It's strange because you can GROW materials through Agricraft long before you can mine them and in far larger quantities. I can swap out one 7x7 plot with a single 10/10/10 seed in a corner and it'll spread to something like 200 essences in under 10 minutes. Once it's done spreading it's ready to harvest every 3-5 minutes (the full plot).
  • So many crashes. Today has been particularly bad, three of them in the last three hours. Mostly NEI related. Last two were I believe the Stone Chest upgrade and the Automagy Hourglass recipe.
  • Mariculture Crucible is still buggy, or in this case in particular, the ingot caster. It will occasionally decide to stop working (the molten material will never cool). World restart usually fixes this.

Right now I think the pack suffers from not leading the player through some of the other mods earlier in the game progression, or giving them a sense of direction. Now that I've played it for a while it's become apparent that the experience can be boiled down to squaring off a 5x5 chunk area of the overworld and having nothing but 7x7 farm plots on it and then drinking a cup of coffee while reading reddit. Sure, Botania is available fairly early on to a degree, but Botania is also a very passive mod and not very complex, particularly when compared to Blood Magic and Witchery. I'm not going to say they're "better", but they definitely do have more things to do in them.

I do think that you have the right idea about having a central progression, even if it's tied to crops (and lets be honest, crops are way over powered), but the progression is only linked to Botania really. I personally would be more engaged if every "tier" of crop progression was tied to some activities in some of the other mods, even if you want to restrict certain aspects of them. For instance, you could make repeatable quests that give resources above whatever tier of crops you have in order to build some structures from some of the other mods (like say a Witchery Distillery or a Blood Magic altar) that then allows you to produce items that you turn in (repeatable again) for the essences you need to unlock the crops. Like for instance, "sacrificing" a stack of Pumpkins and some bales of hay could give the player a Witches Oven (or even better, allow them to select a part of the ovens' materials), which in turn allows them to capture fumes that they need to turn in to get essences that they can use on the Botania Ritual stone to get a seed to grow a specific magical crop.

There are a couple of minor rituals that do include some aspect of needing something basic for a specific seed (I believe Whiff of Magic is in one, or some other fume) but they're pretty few and far inbetween. Mostly it seems like I grow shit, turn it into Botania, which in turn gives me more shit to grow, rinse/repeat. The most exciting thing I've had to do to continue the Crops/Botania cycle so far was make a TC Cleaver with Looting 3 on it so that I could get a creeper heart. I went completely excessive on it because I was bored and made it out of Pig Iron because I like getting Bacon. Yes, that was a lot of mobs that I fed into the smeltery.

Honestly, I think your pack is pretty good. It plays a lot like a skyblock, but the issue for me is that the "preamble" if you will, takes up too much time and that often the direction other than "rank up your infusion stone" is completely unclear. It gets kinda boring, especially once you realize that you don't actually NEED to 10/10/10 your crops in order to do this. I'm still debating on if it's faster/better to use floral fertilizer to gather botania flowers for the essence turn ins or if it's better to cross breed flowers (which you can do stupidly fast if you take a few minutes to set up a simple mob farm), but easily the best way to play the "early game" is to make a Rod of the Lands and just dirt-up a huge 5x5 chunk for mass crops. The most time consuming thing is probably just chopping down jungle trees for the lumber you need for all the crop sticks and the rest of it is shoving produce into composters in order to make garden soil (I think I had 5 running this last time)

Anyway, despite what must seem like mostly negative criticism, I do overall like the modpack. However, when I personally make something (like say some code) I'd rather know what the users both didn't want and want more of, than hearing them go "Oh this is fine!" So to that end

Want Less: Watching shit grow.
Want more: Doing stuff with other mods.

Reactions: JustHeyo and Ptak

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else tried tree breeding? I've got 5 bee houses running fairly often next to an oak and a birch, but haven't had any crossbreeding yet, after many hours. Do they have to be forestry saplings to start with now, instead of being able to mutate from vanilla leaves?

I've done that a few times, but haven't lost any seeds...
You need to anlalyze the saplings(Treealyzer) before they will mutate