[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Only a few quests left... one of them being the Wither, which I've never bothered to fight before. Can anyone give some basic tips and strategy, how to kill this thing? I got a bow with Power IV and Punch II on it but it doesn't seem to do much damage. I also made a bunch of Healing II splash potions to throw but the thing is too high, the potions miss and fall to the ground. I tried to trap it in obsidian and it broke right thru the ceiling. I read that the best place to fight it is at the top of the nether so it can't fly upward, is that true?

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting crashes with enhanced inventories in NEI and it doesn't seem like the mod author is even updating anymore. he hasn't worked on it for over a month. Is anyone else having crashes when using the use key and looking though items like wool or wood planks? This might only occur when a gui other than your inventory is open.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I not yet but i do have flight! I just don't want to send a lot of time looking for them.

FIRST how are you flying.lol Second, if you can find a Catacomb there will be some trap chest's. You will be able to see them with waila. I have found a Skeleton, and a Bat one so far. When you open the Bat one it spits out around 20+ bats EVERY time you open it. The Skeleton will spit out 1 every time you open it. I know you don't want to hunt for bats, but if you can find that chest you will be set. I have found 2+ in 2 different catacomb's.

JimmyJam

Jul 29, 2019
FIRST how are you flying.lol Second, if you can find a Catacomb there will be some trap chest's. You will be able to see them with waila. I have found a Skeleton, and a Bat one so far. When you open the Bat one it spits out around 20+ bats EVERY time you open it. The Skeleton will spit out 1 every time you open it. I know you don't want to hunt for bats, but if you can find that chest you will be set. I have found 2+ in 2 different catacomb's.
The Flugel Tiata lets you fly at the cost of mana It is late game. :D
Also can you move the chest? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on getting wool of bat? Other than spending hours looking for them in caves... :/
dig out a big room and don't light it. Quaff a nightvision potion when you are ready to go collect.

Or at least that is what I do.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Also can you move the chest? Thanks for the help.

I was wondering that as I was replying to you.lol The only way that I know of is the dolly from Jabba. I can't remember if I broke one or note, but I think it destroys it. I will try a find the one I seen and see what happens if I use a dolly and report back.

Reactions: JimmyJam

gordon7803

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to the 0.7.1, I cannot open the world from the old version. So, I took the advice of PurpleMentat and deleted the HardcoreQuesting folder. After that, I can open the world and play it for last night. But today, I cannot open the world again. The screen just stuck at the "Loading World" screen. Can anyone help!? Thanks!!

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Only a few quests left... one of them being the Wither, which I've never bothered to fight before. Can anyone give some basic tips and strategy, how to kill this thing? I got a bow with Power IV and Punch II on it but it doesn't seem to do much damage. I also made a bunch of Healing II splash potions to throw but the thing is too high, the potions miss and fall to the ground. I tried to trap it in obsidian and it broke right thru the ceiling. I read that the best place to fight it is at the top of the nether so it can't fly upward, is that true?
I fight it with a terrablade and a suit of terrasteel armor with Prot 4 on it. Quaff an extreme regen potion from magical crops and stand still swinging you sword at it until it dies.

If you don't want lots of terrain damage make an obsidian platform to stand on.

Reactions: JustHeyo

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting crashes with enhanced inventories in NEI and it doesn't seem like the mod author is even updating anymore. he hasn't worked on it for over a month. Is anyone else having crashes when using the use key and looking though items like wool or wood planks? This might only occur when a gui other than your inventory is open.

I is an issue with the AE2 Inscriber custom script. At least that's what I read on here, and it is being fixed. Untill then if you know what your doing, you can delete the custome script for the Inscriber. It seem to work for me, but I give NO guarantees.

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019

The Regrowth modpack author is extremely active in this thread and has said multiple times that he will have an update out as soon as his time isn't so consumed by school. He is aware of the NEI crashes and also knows the cause. The issue you're describing has been discussed fairly recently, if you use the search function on this thread you can find a work around, alternatively check out the FAQ. I'd copy/paste for you if I had the time to go find it right now, if you're unable to find the FAQ by searching let us know and I'm sure someone will be happy to find it for you.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Easy mode, five or six blocks from the top of the nether and around a large corner;
Make a Tinker's hammer (cause extra dmg v undead), cleaver (cause highest base ad), or a rapier with lots of lifesteal (cause the wither does actually have an armor value). Then make a longbow out of cobalt and flame string, and arrows with ..manyullen?.. (that word XD ) heads, moss so they come back slowly, and lots of quartz. Currently my personal longbow does 47 dmg with the arrows, and that's with the limitations set by the pack in terms of what materials I can use.

Vanilla mode, same setup location;
Fully enchanted diamond gear, sword, and bow. Lots of regen pots for yourself and maybe a golden or enchanted apple. Don't forget, this is a vanilla boss we're talking about, you have plenty of room to do crazy things even without most of the mods. XD

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here's a question, What Material do i use to get Cobalt?
I have an Ardite Hammer and even though the head has a mining level of Cobalt, when i make the tool it only has a mining level of Steel.

MrPeach774

Jul 29, 2019
The Regrowth modpack author is extremely active in this thread and has said multiple times that he will have an update out as soon as his time isn't so consumed by school. He is aware of the NEI crashes and also knows the cause. The issue you're describing has been discussed fairly recently, if you use the search function on this thread you can find a work around, alternatively check out the FAQ. I'd copy/paste for you if I had the time to go find it right now, if you're unable to find the FAQ by searching let us know and I'm sure someone will be happy to find it for you.
So the only option is to remove the mod? that sucks