[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have started into Thaumcraft alchemy, and I am trying to produce some Nitor.

First I obtained the research note for Nitor and completed the research in the research table.

After taking the completed research scroll from the table into I hotbar, I right clicked and got the research completed message.

I constructed a vanilla cauldron out of 7 iron ingots and taking my iron capped wand, right clicked the cauldron which changed it into a Thaumcraft Crucible

Then I placed a block of Netherrack and lit it with my flint and steel.

Over the flame I placed the crucible and filled it with a bucket of water.

The crucible sits directly underneath an Open Crate. A Hopper feeds into the Open Crate, and a Chest sits on top on the Hopper.

I shift clicked 3 coal and 6 torches into the chest.

After those items drop into the Crucible I shift clicked 2 Glowstone Dust into the chest.

When I take a look at the Crucible wearing my Goggles of Revealing, the aspects shown are 2 Sensus, 10 Lux, 6 Ignis, and 6 Potentia.

This makes sense (I guess) assuming that:

Coal = 2 Ignis, 2 Potentia
Torch = 1 Lux
Glowstone dust = 2 Lux, 1 Sensus

Therefore 3 x Coal + 6 x Torch + 2 x Glowstone dust =
2 Sensus, 10 Lux, 6 Ignis, and 6 Potentia.

But in the same breath it doesn't make very much sense because no Nitor is produced.

Which is the result I expected after watching some Thaumcraft 4 youtube videos.

So I clear the Crucible with my wand. but some purple liquid comes out (which I think is taint).

How do I use the Glowstone Dust catalyst without adding additional aspects into the Crucible (or do I have to consider the additional aspects when balancing my formula)?

I would appreciate any insight on what I am doing wrong...
The check for having completed the research is done at the point of dropping the item into the crucible. So basically it checked if your open crate had researched Nitor, which it obviously hadn't, hence the just dissolving the glowstone.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
The check for having completed the research is done at the point of dropping the item into the crucible. So basically it checked if your open crate had researched Nitor, which it obviously hadn't, hence the just dissolving the glowstone.

Curses! foiled again :)

That is good to know. I will have to come up with an alternate plan. Thanks for the quick reply!

Reactions: JustHeyo

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Was playing a multiplayer game on a LAN. Was building a 64*64 platform when I noticed dire wolves spawning all across the platform. It was in a ocean biome. Nothing else was spawning on the platform at the time. I had the platform lit up so that there were no yellow Xs. Is this a bug or just my game acting up.

Regrowth 0.7.1

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Was playing a multiplayer game on a LAN. Was building a 64*64 platform when I noticed dire wolves spawning all across the platform. It was in a ocean biome. Nothing else was spawning on the platform at the time. I had the platform lit up so that there were no yellow Xs. Is this a bug or just my game acting up.

Regrowth 0.7.1
Direwolves are naughty bastards who don't obey the rules

CuriousBat

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else found that the world is like chopped up peices of land in the ocean? because thats what i got
ok it doesn't matter i didn't get it this time. but i did find a crash... when i look for uses on marble from chisel it crashed me. so plz look into that

Necro9227

Jul 29, 2019
Ardite is the right material. I wonder if whatever you are using for the plates is dropping the level. Maybe try an ardite pick to test?
The hammer Is made out of full Ardite. Both plates and the head as well as the Handle. I have tried a pickaxe but same results anything with a cobalt mining level doesn't break.

( Picture Comparing both a full Ardite Pickaxe and Hammer)

Attachments

• 2015-03-23_11.17.37.png
    2015-03-23_11.17.37.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 64

CuriousBat

Jul 29, 2019
ok it doesn't matter i didn't get it this time. but i did find a crash... when i look for uses on marble from chisel it crashed me. so plz look into that
ok so it may be all uses and recipes with NEI because i tried to see the recipe of super crafting frame and it crashed again

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if direwolves die by the botania Bellathorne flower. Could just set up a bunch around the base (away from animal farms)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolves are naughty bastards who don't obey the rules
Actually they obey!

Direwolves by default spawn on any light level, in taiga biomes, just like wolves. And by default, they become aggressive when you get closer then 4 blocks.
But, you changed the biome spawning rule to spawn on any biome, so they could spawn in wasteland. Since they ignore light levels....

I actually find them to be a good 'clock' alternative. They only owl at night, so I know when its night.
Maybe you could reduce even more the spawning weight so they arent so common...

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if direwolves die by the botania Bellathorne flower. Could just set up a bunch around the base (away from animal farms)

Can't the golem animation core: guard set filters for what mobs to kill?

Contrary to what some people post, they arent passive mobs. They are actually aggressive mobs. Its just their AI tells them to only start behaving aggressive when targets are closer then 4 blocks, but they are still an aggressive mob. So... golems and other defence systems against aggressive mobs will work on them.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In the past the seed quests were directly required rather than these trigger quests - this caused both the issue mentioned above, and also caused a lot of lag further into the quest book due to the huge number of nested progressive requirements a quest could have, hence the change.
You kinda moved the lag to the witchery quests now :p
Not so bad as the crops but still bad. A lot of quest dependencies that also have dependencies on triggers and stuff like that. Just makes the chapter lag when you start getting to the last quests.

Last time I looked at it, it wasn't updated to the version of BC I was using at the time. I'll look again though.
It is compatible with BC 6.4 since build 108, March 1.
I think I mentioned it before but I will do it again. If you want to limit automation and "easy/magic blocks" like AE inventory system on one block, Logistic Pipes is the best way to do it. It can be expensive, so its not an easy/cheap/fast system to implement. Can get REALLY expensive if you want to build a big system. You can disable vanilla recipes, so everything requires the BC laser table (but something tells me you would make it even harder). And in the end, its a major help to have a storing system based on chests/barrels and stuff since you remove the most annoying thing when storing with multiple chests, that is, you have one access point to your storage system. BC pipes allow you to store and sort all items but dont allow to retrieve items in a centralized place, forcing you to run between all chests to get multiple items for a recipe.... I would just remove AE and place Logistical Pipes in the pack

I just dont understand why Logistical pipes is still an addon to BC and not a standalone mod.... You can build a full LP network without using a single BC pipe!

And now I will run away before the guys that cant live without AE try to crucify me :p