[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of odd spawns... I was out exploring in my scuba outfit late last night and stumbled over three bats flying in circles underwater. Flying just like they do in the air. New way to get bat wool: go diving!

Great for bottles o'enchanting too. Came back with a stack. Would have been more but pack was full. Lots of bones and skulls too (including withers). Not that I particularly need any of those since my seeds are mostly done.

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
So what mod makes villagers go to 'bed' at night? haha

Attachments

• 2015-03-24_00.23.19.png
    2015-03-24_00.23.19.png
    345.7 KB · Views: 49

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
You kinda moved the lag to the witchery quests now :p
Not so bad as the crops but still bad. A lot of quest dependencies that also have dependencies on triggers and stuff like that. Just makes the chapter lag when you start getting to the last quests.

It is compatible with BC 6.4 since build 108, March 1.
I think I mentioned it before but I will do it again. If you want to limit automation and "easy/magic blocks" like AE inventory system on one block, Logistic Pipes is the best way to do it. It can be expensive, so its not an easy/cheap/fast system to implement. Can get REALLY expensive if you want to build a big system. You can disable vanilla recipes, so everything requires the BC laser table (but something tells me you would make it even harder). And in the end, its a major help to have a storing system based on chests/barrels and stuff since you remove the most annoying thing when storing with multiple chests, that is, you have one access point to your storage system. BC pipes allow you to store and sort all items but dont allow to retrieve items in a centralized place, forcing you to run between all chests to get multiple items for a recipe.... I would just remove AE and place Logistical Pipes in the pack

I just dont understand why Logistical pipes is still an addon to BC and not a standalone mod.... You can build a full LP network without using a single BC pipe!

And now I will run away before the guys that cant live without AE try to crucify me :p
With the new Botania update, you can stick a BC pipe to sort everything and then the new sparks to extract from the system. It can't craft, but hey, you don't even need to open an interface, just type what you want in chat. :D I know I'm gonna be having a bunch of fun with the new corporea system.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
jaquadro, are the lanterns supposed to have the same light level with glowstone and torches? Tried them both and they were the same range.

Reverse_Farsight

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question for anyone who understands the server side of things.

I play on _____net which hosts a bunch of servers, dw20, mf1 and 2 were both open at one point respectively, now infinity and tolkeincraft 2 upon a bunch of others.

I've gently pushed toward a Regrowth server but ________net (I'm blanking cause idk the rules of ftb forums with regard to naming servers etc) relies on something called Cauldron in order to 'link forge and bukkit' together. Admin has tried twice to set up regrowth but they just can't get it to work due to this cauldron issue. They're open to hosting a regrowth server (the community at the server I play on is just wonderful so a regrowth server with them would make me so happeh!) but they don't know how they can work around this issue.

So my question, do you know of any work around where Cauldron can be used in conjunction with Regrowth? (apparently cauldron ruins some critical mods in the pack, like eg. the one responsible for generating the unique terrain)

As you can tell, I don't know %!@# about backend / server side, but I'm a contributing member / player at my server and I thought I'd ask on _______net's behalf just in case someone here might be kind and knowledgeable enough to share a solution (or even just any information to shed light would be appreciated).

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Just something I noticed…

When using the Witches Hand to return to the Overworld from the End, I load in to a chunk load nightmare. I have to exit the game and reload. Is this normal or will it get better?

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided Thaumcraft is the way to go when processing Cobalt/Ardite (since 8 essence only makes 1 ore).
Using the Cauldron, + witching gadgets research "Metallurgic Perfection: Purification" you can turn Cobalt/Ardite ore into Cobalt/Ardite Clusters. (1 Ordo, 1 Metallum per ore). From that point, just throw the clusters into the Infernal Blast Furnace, and you get 3 ingots with a chance of nugget for each cluster.

Reactions: JustHeyo and MrZwij

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided Thaumcraft is the way to go when processing Cobalt/Ardite (since 8 essence only makes 1 ore).
Using the Cauldron, + witching gadgets research "Metallurgic Perfection: Purification" you can turn Cobalt/Ardite ore into Cobalt/Ardite Clusters. (1 Ordo, 1 Metallum per ore). From that point, just throw the clusters into the Infernal Blast Furnace, and you get 3 ingots with a chance of nugget for each cluster.

I noticed that once my farm filled a Barrel with Essence, I have yet to ever need enough of that material to ever worry about it again… With the exceptions of Gold and Iron. Both of those I have needed to reset the farm and fill the barrel once again(mass crafting needs).

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that once my farm filled a Barrel with Essence, I have yet to ever need enough of that material to ever worry about it again… With the exceptions of Gold and Iron. Both of those I have needed to reset the farm and fill the barrel once again(mass crafting needs).
Hard to get past old habits I guess ;)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
hey man regrowth bug for plat essence seed ,, help mee . (v.0.7.1)
What!?!?!?!?

With the new Botania update, you can stick a BC pipe to sort everything and then the new sparks to extract from the system. It can't craft, but hey, you don't even need to open an interface, just type what you want in chat. :D I know I'm gonna be having a bunch of fun with the new corporea system.
WHAT!?!?!?!o_O

Need to try that!!!

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few notes to help out some of the newer players. (or players new to some of these mods)

Some things I mention in this are late game so you will not have easy access to them, but they are cool goals to strive for.

Cross-breeding and mutation of seeds

This one is very basic for those with no knowledge of Agricraft (like me when I started this pack)

Only mature crops will expand, BOTH crops must be mature to cross breed.. In some cases one plant will mature much faster than another… plant your two originals and let them both mature before you put up the Double Crops for them to Spread to:

OX (Original and Empty)
XO (Empty and Original2)

MD (Mature and Double Crop)
DM (Double Crop and Mature)​

Worktable

… is your friend. make a few to semi-automate things like Barrels/Drawers and essence conversion.​

Mariculture

Ring of Chordata and Diving Helm = water play win​

The Nether

I strongly recommend Silk touch on mining equipment, and using a hammer for clearing away Netherrack. Silk touch-ing the ores does not aggro the Pigmen. Be prepared to make many trips to the Nether as there are many progression steps.​

Thaumium level Mining

Pig-Iron… 'nuff said. Use rotten flesh in your smeltery for blood.​

B-Space Barrels

Amazingly helpful at automating movement of materials from farms to industry. Or fuel from a (noisy)crusher to the Bio-fuel generators that generate power. You can distribute one source to many locations with multiple linked Barrels

Early Automation

One strong recommendation I can make is Coal seeds with Any level of Golem harvester/gatherer. My Coal Farm Processing setup into coal blocks is producing faster than I can burn through, and I have more than 20 Endoflames producing mana for me.

I actually only run 2 sets of Golems on my automated farms… I have one pair that harvests coal, and one pair that harvests my multi farm. I also have a wheat field that I sometimes move them to that feeds my Bio-Fuel network, The wheat field is so efficient that I can run it for 30 minutes and have fuel for weeks, even using the auto-workbenches to turn 3x wheat into bread.​

Alfomancy

I cannot recommend strongly enough the value of of a Looni-loot farm, NOT game breaking as the required effort is in line with the value received, but it one of the few ways to get the Overgrowth Seed.​

Witchery

Your equipped bauble effects transfer with you to the dream so plan ahead, Soujourners sash and ring of chordata are good examples

End Game Seed completion

Overgrowth seed + Aggricarnation = win

Plant a strip of Cross crops (double wide) and make sure the Aggricarnation covers the length, then just plant the one seed you want to mutate. My runs are 12 long, take only a short while (I'm doing other things) to fill up, and at the end of the first run I usually have 24-26 collective stats (9-9-6, 8-7-9, etc) re-plant the best seed and run it again, and at the end you have at least 12 perfect seeds to set up for your golems. I do this without sprinklers, in an area just out of the way.

Blood Magic

I have experience with Blood Magic, I knew what to expect, I got to the tier 4 Altar in about 2 hours(guessing) of focused effort. I did this for the Teleposer to move Aura Nodes around with. That and the sigil of the Blood lamp… insta click light for the cost of 10LP? LOVE IT!​