[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
So this anecdote is rather unfortunate; please learn from my fail.

I was testing out the /give command with witchery items and I fat fingered a data value. I executed /give (me) 5164 1 19.

This resulted in a game crash and every time I loaded up my world it immediately crashed again.

Luckily I have backups of my regrowth world and I restored a backup that was only a day and a half old, so I didn't lose all that much.

I didn't think to get the error message before posting here.

Anyways, don't give yourself 5164 1 19 !!!

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that it would be changed to preserve the balance of other mods. The magic crops essence plants needing magic fertilizer is one thing, and I seem to recall that silverwoods and greatwoods used to not respond to bonemeal.
If you guys are talking about the newest botania update change to agricarnations, I actually updated botania myself and tested this in a test world. Put down about 20 agricarnations next to some diamond magic crops, and it absolutely sped their growth up like crazy.

I thik that change is involving some entirely different bug where agricarnations were wasting all their mana on some plant thing that doesn't need to be bonemealed but the agricarnations were trying anyway.

Reactions: Trisscar

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
I like the pack, but the RNG factor is driving me insane. I have large stocks of all kinds of materials, but cannot progress because no matter how much mutandis I spend, I cannot seem to get a single mushroom. It's flowers, flowers and then flowers again. Some RNG is nice, but I think it's a bit over the top in this one. There are simply so many arbitrary roadblocks caused by bad luck. I have no problem with having to try several times to get the right crossbreed, because at least I have options to increase the chance (i.e. planting lots of them until one results in the right breed), but right now I am doing nothing but bonemeal the mandrake, craft mutandis, use mutandis, start again.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the post above. It's insane. I am stuck with not a single witchery item and I get tons and tons of flowers that are completely useless. And mutandis is a pain to make....

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of redcrystal, do you have a decent setup to automate endoflames? I made a good enough one for right now, but I end up with a hole in the ground that I'd like to avoid. This is the basic one I have atm (it's not hooked up to a bspace yet, I want to see if I can fix the whole hole in the ground part first.) http://imgur.com/CVCyrD9
Hmm... you could probably avoid the hole with a couple of well placed resonating redcrystal.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
I like the pack, but the RNG factor is driving me insane. I have large stocks of all kinds of materials, but cannot progress because no matter how much mutandis I spend, I cannot seem to get a single mushroom. It's flowers, flowers and then flowers again. Some RNG is nice, but I think it's a bit over the top in this one. There are simply so many arbitrary roadblocks caused by bad luck. I have no problem with having to try several times to get the right crossbreed, because at least I have options to increase the chance (i.e. planting lots of them until one results in the right breed), but right now I am doing nothing but bonemeal the mandrake, craft mutandis, use mutandis, start again.
I agree with the post above. It's insane. I am stuck with not a single witchery item and I get tons and tons of flowers that are completely useless. And mutandis is a pain to make....
TPL is well aware of the muntandis blocking. It has been raised several times throughout this thread. He seems to think grinding of bonemeal,muntandis etc is at an acceptable level as few people complain about it. Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Personally I ground 640 muntandis to get mine.

meritoc

Jul 29, 2019
Now here's the hard part. I like my mana gen to be out in the open. Gotta do this without so much visible redstone and, hopefully, as compact as possible. :p
I might be misunderstanding what you're trying to do, but it if you use a dispenser pointing upwards it can be done with 2 pieces of redstone and a redstone torch:
This can drop 2 items at once, to avoid this change it to use a redstone repeater (and one more piece of redstone) for a slight delay.

Yoshiyuki_

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a special recepi for a mushroom (to prevent needing grinding tons of mutandis) like shaped crafting mutandis to get a single mushroom or infuse a ton of mana into something. (as mana piles up when you're blocked progressing)
A high cost for this would be fine, because you only need to do it once. As you get mushrooms making mushrooms is a lot easier.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a special recepi for a mushroom (to prevent needing grinding tons of mutandis) like shaped crafting mutandis to get a single mushroom or infuse a ton of mana into something. (as mana piles up when you're blocked progressing)
A high cost for this would be fine, because you only need to do it once. As you get mushrooms making mushrooms is a lot easier.
Mushrooms do still spawn naturally in caves and in the nether, if you happen to be able to get there.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
You get mushroom seeds from doing the infestation spore quest. You don't need mushrooms to do that quest.

NEI is your friend. RTFM. Search this thread, it has been said multiple times.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
So this anecdote is rather unfortunate; please learn from my fail.

I was testing out the /give command with witchery items and I fat fingered a data value. I executed /give (me) 5164 1 19.

This resulted in a game crash and every time I loaded up my world it immediately crashed again.

Luckily I have backups of my regrowth world and I restored a backup that was only a day and a half old, so I didn't lose all that much.

I didn't think to get the error message before posting here.

Anyways, don't give yourself 5164 1 19 !!!
You could always use NBT Explorer to find that item in your inventory and delete it. i've had to do that before when i've had corrupted items in my inventory.

Reactions: lblackburn

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
You get mushroom seeds from doing the infestation spore quest. You don't need mushrooms to do that quest.

NEI is your friend. RTFM. Search this thread, it has been said multiple times.
Wait, what? I think before you get on your high horse you should look at NEI again yourself. Mine says "throw mushroom into mana pool == infestation spores"

I didn't use mutandis for my mushroom though, I went caving. I was looking for dirt anyhow. Found several within 10 mins.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, what? I think before you get on your high horse you should look at NEI again yourself. Mine says "throw mushroom into mana pool == infestation spores"

I didn't use mutandis for my mushroom though, I went caving. I was looking for dirt anyhow. Found several within 10 mins.
And you stopped looking there? There's more than one way to skin a cat. Or make mycellium... and thus complete that quest.

And searching this thread will produce a screenshot of the NEI entry which is still in NEI.

It doesn't bother me when people come here asking for help. It does bother me when people come here complaining and calling for the dev to fix things that aren''t broken.

So maybe my horse isn't as high as yours. :p

Oh, you read in an implication it is a one-step process. It's not. But there is at least one way to work around not having a mushroom to start. I did it.

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Should I upload now to 0.7.3, or just wait until 0.7.4 appears in the launcher?
I see no reason to wait for the update to 0.7.4, nothing particularly buggy in 0.7.3, and a bit less buggy than 7.1/7.2.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, first off sorry for being MIA, computer is currently sick, as was I yesterday. Do keep in mind that this is a giant, active thread however, so don't be surprised if you have to poke people a bit in case they miss something. ;)

Windows 7 64Bit and Java Version 8 Build 40 (build 1.8.0_40-b26) Yes ive tried that,I have 5.5Ram dedicated and a Total of 6GB Total on my PC
Mk. This helps a lot actually. Can you also post a crash log when it breaks? And when you go to do that, try lowering your RAM allotted to FTB to about 4 or so.

thank you
[19:04:20] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_40]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
[19:04:20] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:73: UnreadNews Init took 8 ms.
[19:05:05] [INFO] PastebinPoster.run:77: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/f01f1204
[19:08:49] Logs copied to clipboard
So I edited the log in your post to the relevant bit, that being the error report. It looks like something's very wrong with your copy of the launcher, either that or it and your computer aren't getting on well. If you follow the posts between me and jpm a bit, you'll see I asked him a bunch of questions about his setup and what he had the launcher set to do. Mind answering those as well?

All things from project red can be done with vanilla redstone, and we even have some mods giving extra redstone options, even if its not the same with how compact it is. And I'm trying to figure out how to get a certain item to drop at a certain time and keep the order going indefinitely. Want that wool flower. :D
I look forward to seeing your build surrah. :)

fimbrethil

Jul 29, 2019
PSA in case anyone wasn't aware: all botania flowers that are crafted with a redstone root can be turned off with a redstone signal.

lblackburn

Jul 29, 2019
You could always use NBT Explorer to find that item in your inventory and delete it. i've had to do that before when i've had corrupted items in my inventory.
That it a great tip, I will research the nbt explorer in case I need this in the future. Thanks!