[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I asked about it before and TPL said that the recipe to make the fertilizer with saltpeter(i think? i forget which one it is) was good enough for him.
But what if you want to breed the Bee? You need an actual ore block to place the Apiary down on :(

Where are you putting the water? I can imagine a similar layer behind with water source blocks instead of hydroangeas, but they wouldn't be self-replenishing if they were in that sort of chequerboard pattern, and you'd wash the hydroangeas away if they weren't in a chequerboard pattern.

At the moment, I'm building up something similar, which is a chequerboard pattern from above, of hyroangeas, water and dirt. Each of them is a vertical column, where I use floating hydroangeas so that I can have them every layer. The water is then self-replenishing because there are blocks at the ends of the column. I can post a pic when I've got the first layer done.

EDIT: Ugh, I never realised that water source blocks are only created if there are two source blocks on the same horizontal plane - I always assumed it was two blocks in any direction. I suppose I've never needed to know before until I was playing with hydroangeas.

I suppose I'll go with the arrangement described at http://www.reddit.com/r/TestPackPleaseIgnore/comments/24hb23/good_botania_managen_setup/ instead. I'd still like to know how yours works though.
It's actually a pretty simple set up. I'm so nice I even made you a diagram :D

What I do when I start a new world is build this in the ground, then above it in a 9x9 pattern I place dayblooms and nightshades centered around the mana pool (They'll all be in reach of the buried spreader that is pointing upwards).

I've literally never had to build any other type of mana gen in Botania than this setup.Early game you can just place a spreader above the pool and fire it off at a distributor that goes into more pools for storage, later game you can just use sparks.

I may be biased but I think this is a pretty good setup. All you need is a shovel and a bucket to get this going and it's super easy on the resources compared to other arrangements using floating flowers.

Cheers

EDIT: Made the picture a little clearer :D

Last edited:

Inngrimsch

Jul 29, 2019
I read something about adding a diamond to a bronze tool to get thaumium level? hope this helps you
Ok that brought my up to *obsidium* now i just need to find out how i can continue my botania quest line and start the thaumcraft quest line ;P

poplijm

Jul 29, 2019
Amm i think the dead wood is messed up in the recommended version it has a ver weird texture and the planks you're supposed to get dont have a texture at all

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Amm i think the dead wood is messed up in the recommended version it has a ver weird texture and the planks you're supposed to get dont have a texture at all
Try turning Anisotropic Filtering off. Think I saw this solution a few pages back for someone with a similar issue to yours.

Gekko

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a few problems which is in the later part of the game.
I have been trying to summon "Shade of Leonard" and somehow this proves to be impossible for me.
I have the current altar setup
The Altar has a power of ~12000
I tried different sequences for the "brew" as the HQM states one sequence and the Witches' Brews states another, both seems to be ineffective, has anyone had luck doing this? I also couldn't find any info on google or youtube :(

Also I have been wanting to get into AE2, but I do not know how to get Charged Certuz Quarts, as this seems to be required to get Fluixed Crystal. I'm simply lost as to where the entry-point to AE2 is, and as somebody already got to that point I pressume it is possible in the current state of the modpack :)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to summon "Shade of Leonard" and somehow this proves to be impossible for me.
I tried different sequences for the "brew" as the HQM states one sequence and the Witches' Brews states another, both seems to be ineffective, has anyone had luck doing this? I also couldn't find any info on google or youtube :(

Also I have been wanting to get into AE2, but I do not know how to get Charged Certuz Quarts, as this seems to be required to get Fluixed Crystal. I'm simply lost as to where the entry-point to AE2 is, and as somebody already got to that point I pressume it is possible in the current state of the modpack :)
Are you sure it's 12000 you've got and not 1200? That altar setup doesn't actually look big enough to be one with 12k.
As for the Charged Certus, that's what the Charger is for.

Gekko

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it's 12000 you've got and not 1200? That altar setup doesn't actually look big enough to be one with 12k.
As for the Charged Certus, that's what the Charger is for.
More than sure :) Though I see why you'ld think it's smaller. It's based on being diverse rather than big :)

Thanks for the clarification of the certus, really haven't played with AE since AE1, and that was quite different.

Splatterghast

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else experience severe game chugging while in the nether? I was able to reduce it by changing the meckanism config file and changing B:ReplaceSoundsWhenResuming=true to false. It helped, but until I removed Mekanism's voice chat server integration, I would still have to exit the game and restart (darn AE2 issue) after going into the nether or returning from it. Config value for voice server is B:VoiceServerEnabled=true, and I just changed it to false. With both of these changes and no other ones, I can go back and forth between the overworld and nether with no chugging.

konceptum

Jul 29, 2019
Spoiler tag for those who don't want to see shameless self promotion.

I started a video series on this modpack. I'm about 5 episodes in, but here is a link to the first episode:

I would appreciate any critiques. Thank you.

zozaz

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is a problem or I'm doing it wrong but I am trying to get Iron seeds. I have the runic altar on a mana spreader surrounded by dayblooms. I put 1 essence seed, 3 essence of Iron, 1 Essence of copper and 4 weak essence. which is how it shows to do it but I'm not sure how I get the seeds back?

triplm

Jul 29, 2019
right click with a wand of the forest and the altar will star accepting mana .... once it has reached it's needed value blue sparks will appear throw a living rock on top (item form) then right click to finish the infusion

nightweav2

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make experience seeds?

To make one you need bottle o' enchanting but to make the bottle o enchanting you need most of the mob essences. To make the mob seeds you need a strong infusion stone.
But to make a strong infusion stone you need experience essence.

The only other way to get the bottle o' enchanting is to use drop of intellect and to get them you need a memory comb witch is a 18-22% chance from bees for 1 comb.

Croebhy

Jul 29, 2019

To make one you need bottle o' enchanting but to make the bottle o enchanting you need most of the mob essences. To make the mob seeds you need a strong infusion stone.

The only other way to get the bottle o' enchanting is to use drop of intellect and to get them you need a memory comb witch is a 18-22% chance from bees for 1 comb.
One of the quests gives you Skeleton Seeds

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019

Diving, fishing...

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019

You just need 9 pieces of 1 type of mob essences

Reactions: briang

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019

I don't see any circles around the cauldron, without them the cost will be much higher so maybe you either need circles to reduce the cost or more altar power?