Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Berry

Jul 29, 2019
Let's Breathe some life into this thread.

I started playing on a server, because let's face it: playing with people is more fun. Here's my base located in spawn.
Oh wow man. I have no idea how you are so organized. My stuff is all over the place - and it's hideous.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Fooman is making me angry, my base looks NO where near that good. I explictly chose not to use AE as I would go all out with it. I might post my base when I have my airship done

Gaudelike

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

First post here, so forgive any errors haha.

I have to say I love all of the designs in this thread, I would like to say it inspired me to create something nice... but .. I dont have a creative bone in my body lol.

I play the dw20 ftb mod pack, and really enjoy all the machines and mods, and like some of you I also have trouble building a nice and functional base so I usually do a 9x9 (now 17x17 for spot loading) with addon rooms.

I really liked the houses ive seen in this thread, especially the one on page 9. Has anyone been able to use that style while keeping functionality with the pipes and cables?
I am usually not much of a builder, but I would really like to make a village and have my Mansion at the top of the lane. It would be awesome to have it nice outside(like those in the thread) while keeping the inside functional rather then just a house placed above a massive underground base.
The only thing I can think to do is to mimic a house on here, but make every wall and floor 3 blocks thick.. then use ALLOT of covers for pretty much every piece of wall and floor.

Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated... I really want to make a nice base this time (I just started a private server for a few friends, and friends of friends, so I started wanting nice things rather then full race to the end of all the mods)

Lastly, I figured I would show you the horror of what I would be forced to build if I cant get the house right.

If I cannot do the house/village build, I will use this to keep my industrious side happy.... any tips on making it nicer tho? Extreme criticism is more then fine with me.

I was thinking of outlying buildings to make it less "massive tower" feeling, but idk.. feeling lost.

p.s. Yes this was done in creative, Its a test world for my survival map. Also this is the location I am actually building in due to a triple biome connection behind the tower that will be my bee area.

Again, thank you for reading my wall-o-text.. I am not a very good forum poster to keep that from happening.

Cheers,
G

Gaudelike

Jul 29, 2019
After seeing eveyone elses nifty bases on this thread I immediately felt ashamed of mine lol. Here's my just getting started house, not sure what the plans are going forward though in terms of more buildings, or just all underground, but I do plan on having a bunch of farms, just gotta figure out how to get me some grass in this biome, I would assume it doesnt need to be grass as its just going to be tilled. Anyways, try not to laugh too hard at it :p Great work everyone on here tho, impressive.View attachment 1380View attachment 1381View attachment 1382View attachment 1383View attachment 1384View attachment 1385View attachment 1386View attachment 1387

Have you done anything more with your base?

I really like the look of it, so if you don't mind, I will be trying to figure out how to set it up in my test world. See how I can get all of the mods to function in the space... or modify it to work.

I have no idea what I'm doing >.>

Gaudelike

Jul 29, 2019
I like the pagoda of it. Ever tried using a circular base?

Hahaha.. I had to google pagoda to see if you were talking about me.

Hmm, thinking while posting is a bad thing.

I could try to do a circular base, but I'm not sure how I would setup the interior then to factor in all of the machinery and the massive sorting system etc... The mystcraft/thaumcraft type of mod rooms would be fine tho.
Also, I think I could probably figure out how to make a village(with villagers) in the same style... so I suppose that would work out.

Thank you for the tip ^^b

Again.. would LOVE to do a house/mansion, as that is new to me and my friends... the towers are similar to a standard box type base (however big or stacked it is)

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I strongly suggest watching a few youtube people. FyreUK for one and Sjin of the Yogcast as the other. Sjin does a lot with the circular type towers as FyreUK does awesome builds. Don't get intimidated by what they do. Just see them as tips to building things. The hardest part, imo, is fleshing out a place to look more then a block of material.

Reactions: Gaudelike

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Many pagodas are square, just make the different tiers more pronounced, maybe make the tiers a bit smaller the farther you go to the top. Do a google picture search for pagodas to get some more ideas for the look.

btw: Nice idea with the burned creeper face, netherrack + lava mesh well together here.

Reactions: Gaudelike

Gaudelike

Jul 29, 2019
I'll do that... I think for now I will just make a warehouse style base with a filler. This can at least house me, and allow some game continuation while I decide what to do.

I have too much of an itch to get the base done lol. Minecraft.. such a small game untill you get into the mods, then POOF brain explodes from wanting to do EVERYTHING at once lol. The synergy between some of the mods is just amazing, or annoying depending how you look at it lol, I can never decide on a "Step 1" because there are so many important things to do

Gaudelike

Jul 29, 2019
Many pagodas are square, just make the different tiers more pronounced, maybe make the tiers a bit smaller the farther you go to the top. Do a google picture search for pagodas to get some more ideas for the look.

btw: Nice idea with the burned creeper face, netherrack + lava mesh well together here.

Sticking with the theme, I could try to make them more pronounced... and I suppose I could make them different sizes on the outside... Good idea.

This building has the following different floors, top down:
1 colored roof block
5 block room for random stuff, recyclers, mass fabs.. or any expansion stuff I need room for
3 colored block. Room for pipes and wires.
5 block room for machines/crafting
6 colored block. room for pipes/wires
5 block room for items/storage
----Below ground is sorting system room, and bottom is power generation room, using the same buffer zones for wiring etc.

Again, this is only built in creative.. so I can go with any theme or change when I actually build it.
I was hoping to actually have something like Psykoe made.. if I could hide the wires etc (sorry, I know im repeating myself)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes, you do want to hide the wires, nobody can say that's not true.

But for a cool look, you may want to have the wires visible. From RP2 tubes and BT to AE cables, having a ton of wires around your base (as long as they look nice) look really cool. That is, if you can pull it off. If you can't figure out machines and stuff, you can make a house, and make a basement under it. It makes it easy to hide the wires (if you want to), and the top part can be furnished like a vanilla Minecraft base, with maybe a few things added in (for enchanting room, Uncrafting table, computers in rooms, stands of armor/Bibliocraft). It makes everything feel so nice, and then you have a room with a frame elevator that lands you into your super-processing PALACE.

its_Dustin

Jul 29, 2019
Pics of my current base, still heavily WIP. (spoilered since it's a bunch of pictures)
9H8wTpG.jpg

My base, partially finished. The giant box is a t5 skele spawner, I'll probably move it eventually. The partially finished building on the left is my giant bee tower that I'm working on at the moment. (I have a serious bee addiction..)
0Uj3dMM.jpg

The other side. Gonna redo the top sometime.
G6M7Kai.jpg

Bee and tree breeding! I'm on an couple islands here, really like the location.
FGDUDTV.jpg

The other other side.
9I6belu.jpg

ogOVIt7.png

Bee production building. Gonna have stacks on stacks of alvearies. :)
PVNYsrs.jpg

Bee machines and stuff. Still need to put a honey tank in and automate alveary block production, it's still pretty manual right now.
R7YjYzI.jpg

This is how I start, horribly disorganized. xD
Imgur album

Would love suggestions, I didn't include a lot of pictures of machines since they're all a mess right now.

Would you mind posting your seed? :D (if you didn't already do so)

Chesham

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to post an update, and I just realized how slowly I work.. haha.

YDsiLRR.jpg

Eventually I will get to landscaping.. :/
21xGd9P.jpg

Inside, looking more finished now.
WRx3lzV.jpg

A real storage/sorting system! (sorta)
hST1prH.png

Nether room
a9IAH9I.jpg

Generikb's patented XB system. :D Planning on moving this to it's own room since I'm going to have to redesign once the edenic effect gets bugfixed.
HXYkXre.jpg

I'm a bit of a bee freak.
udLD6FD.jpg

Max size railcraft tank of honey, and automated production of scented panels for alvearies. Haven't done much with my bees lately, there's about 10 stacks of alveary blocks sitting in there.. xD
y3bz0R0.png

Stacks of alvearies. I have about 20-30 right now, gonna expand sometime.
BMKsOUX.jpg

Comb processing. Combs get sent to the centrifuges, then to the chest. The sorting machine sends normal bee stuff to the bee level, and sends 4 small dusts to the packager when there's 4 in the chest. I haven't hooked that output into my auto smelting system or my storage yet.
Q0hzmMj.jpg

This ones solid-fueled by a t5 wither spawner, gonna switch to oil bees sometime and add another 1-2.
7SEY7oN.jpg

Yeahhhh, needs some work. Auto-smelting system is on the left there..

Reactions: arthahar

ArcticDreamz

Jul 29, 2019
Decided to post an update, and I just realized how slowly I work.. haha.

YDsiLRR.jpg

Eventually I will get to landscaping.. :/
21xGd9P.jpg

Inside, looking more finished now.
WRx3lzV.jpg

A real storage/sorting system! (sorta)
hST1prH.png

Nether room
a9IAH9I.jpg

Generikb's patented XB system. :D Planning on moving this to it's own room since I'm going to have to redesign once the edenic effect gets bugfixed.
HXYkXre.jpg

I'm a bit of a bee freak.
udLD6FD.jpg

Max size railcraft tank of honey, and automated production of scented panels for alvearies. Haven't done much with my bees lately, there's about 10 stacks of alveary blocks sitting in there.. xD
y3bz0R0.png

Stacks of alvearies. I have about 20-30 right now, gonna expand sometime.
BMKsOUX.jpg

Comb processing. Combs get sent to the centrifuges, then to the chest. The sorting machine sends normal bee stuff to the bee level, and sends 4 small dusts to the packager when there's 4 in the chest. I haven't hooked that output into my auto smelting system or my storage yet.
Q0hzmMj.jpg

This ones solid-fueled by a t5 wither spawner, gonna switch to oil bees sometime and add another 1-2.
7SEY7oN.jpg

Yeahhhh, needs some work. Auto-smelting system is on the left there..

I really like the basalt/marble look of the outside as well as the perfect fit in the landscape . What are the white blocks you use for your boiler room with the thaumcraft totems ?

Chesham

Jul 29, 2019
The ones outlining the room are zinc blocks, the ones around the boiler are aluminum. I have a bunch of bees producing zinc for me because I thought it looked so cool. :)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
The glass panes look really cool. Did you modify the texture pack, or are they a block I haven't encountered?

It looks like some form of reinforced glass. Could be Thermal Expansion's, but that's not very faithful to the "vanilla" texture.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the basalt/marble look of the outside as well as the perfect fit in the landscape . What are the white blocks you use for your boiler room with the thaumcraft totems ?
I'm not a expert on the topic, but I think it may be Iridium Reinforced Stone.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a expert on the topic, but I think it may be Iridium Reinforced Stone.

It's gregtech zinc blocks. you can get tons of zinc in the nether, so, it isn't really expensive (building it all of iridium reinforced tungstensteel blocks would be impossible without a matterfabricator running on a fusionreactor).

Reactions: ff255away