Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Jake0oo0

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted to make like a giant crane holding a HUGE dome or something with all my machines and stuff in it, that would be so cool :p

Reactions: plzent3r

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've set up the basic porch area. Basic oak wood with fences. but I don't know what blocks to actually make the house out of. The houses I saw were just light colored and light blue wood. But I want my house to be easy on the eyes but still more then just colored wood.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
How about a mixing of willow and palm tree style shaping? You fill it with machinery and call it the "Tech Tree" or something. :p

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda like that. Very clever. I was going for maybe a more farm house. But a "Tech Tree" is a cool idea for another building.

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
Would you guys like to see a sort of development of my base and give me tips as I go along? I have built the front face of my main house buts that's it. If you want to see it let me know. I will probs start posting around 5 gmt time.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. That's what i'll be doing in a little bit. I just finished up the main look of my house on creative and I wanna post it and ask if there's anyway I can make it more interesting by adding some other cool stuff separate from the house.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Would you guys like to see a sort of development of my base and give me tips as I go along? I have built the front face of my main house buts that's it. If you want to see it let me know. I will probs start posting around 5 gmt time.

Sure do what me and the hamster are doing. Start a thread "Project types with face [WIP]" and post in that. Its like being a youtube star without all the fans, money, or narcissistic self indulgence.

Reactions: RedFox3k

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Sure do what me and the hamster are doing. Start a thread "Project types with face [WIP]" and post in that. Its like being a youtube star without all the fans, money, or narcissistic self indulgence.
I think I'll make one of thems :p

Actually, my game crashes whenever I take a screenshot.
Or open an Indexer
Or run too fast
Or mine too quickly

Actually my computer just sucks.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted to make like a giant crane holding a HUGE dome or something with all my machines and stuff in it, that would be so cool :p
You sir, have inspired me. Thank you for keeping me busy for the next week or two :)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I can see something like a crane picking up an entire chunk of ground, and dirt "falling" from it, and a big hole where the dirt/stone should have been.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I can see something like a crane picking up an entire chunk of ground, and dirt "falling" from it, and a big hole where the dirt/stone should have been.

you could have never ending failling sand and gravel using hiden deployers under the chunk and then use a collection system of sub sort down below.

DrRed

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great thread, reviving it ;)
4mdU4rb.jpg
l7xm5Nu.jpg

[/spoiler
J7cSj2s.jpg
Q3Fh6Fz.png
yg5Q5Ik.jpg
I know it is not much compared to some of the other bases... but it's all I have :/

(sorry for the half-necro, this thread is just too good to die) ;)
The thing that cheapens it all is that you were in Creative. I hate people who cheat in SP.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Where does it say it was made in creative?

The third screen shot hes has the GUI showing and it is clear he is in creative mode during that screen shot. Not out right suggesting it done it creative but it is made more suggestive that there are torches everywhere but he has a full stack of 64 on his bar.

Now it in vary possible he went into creative for the outside shots instead of using a jet pack and did not charge while making the the indoor screen shots.

Weather this is true or not is not really my place to judge. People play how they want to play and a nice build is still a nice build at the end of the day.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Right, I posted this on Reddit. I have a YouTube LP, like a lot of people. I also have off camera work. My off camera work got sort of out of hand when I got sick for a week and couldn't record video. Behold the Underwater Base, still under construction.

Video of me testing the idea in my Creative test world, on dry land
Album of pictures of construction of the main dome in Survival
Video 1 of progress
Video 2 of progress
Sorry for the audio, I was still a bit sick.

There is a third video in the works.

The design is modular, but I think I'm nearing the end of what I need. I've got the Machine Room, Power Room, Residential, and Inventory Management areas done, and am slowly building the machines and infrastructure that will fill the space.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking of posting my base on this thread, but it's so WIP that I don't if I will. I may make a thread about it. I'm about to move to an actual home and make a AE (Applied Energetics) or a Redpower2 Sorting system. Can't decide.