Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
The third screen shot hes has the GUI showing and it is clear he is in creative mode during that screen shot. Not out right suggesting it done it creative but it is made more suggestive that there are torches everywhere but he has a full stack of 64 on his bar.

Now it in vary possible he went into creative for the outside shots instead of using a jet pack and did not charge while making the the indoor screen shots.

Weather this is true or not is not really my place to judge. People play how they want to play and a nice build is still a nice build at the end of the day.
I went in creative just to do those shots because I didn't want to worry about my jetpack derping up and down, just wanted a nice screeny

paperlord

Jul 29, 2019
Last week our server moved from mindcrack to ultimate and with it came a new map. The base I was working on wasn't quite finished yet, but it started to look really good. So I thought why not share it here.
These 2 screenshots (taken from opposite sides) are actually a few weeks old. I didn't have time to take some final pictures of the most recent changes.

258rmnl.png

zmh0yw.png

Next up, on the new map, I'm going to build bigger and better. (still have to figure out what exactly I'm going to build :p)

PS. forgive me for the shitty picture quality, but that's the quality I'm playing at ;)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
If that picture quality is bad, then...mines is just atrocious. From what I see, you've got fancy graphics on! I can't do that! :eek:
But that's a great base. Everything works together wonderfully.

gusgillis1

Jul 29, 2019
Soooooo.... today I just made my base in the side of a mountain... pretty proud of that... (Sarcasm, on a scale comparing mine and your guys's, mines a -3 lol)

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stumped right now guys, I really want to use inverted purple xy lights to as runes in the walls of my base but I can't come up with a design I like.
2013-03-13_08.21.38.png

The walls are 6 high but I'd like to keep the obsidian tile "baseboard". The entire room is like 29x23 so space isn't an issue. Any ideas?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, here's some pictures of my current shack.
7dZYNfLh.png

My front door. Using Acacia Wood for the house, since it's what I had access to. Shame I couldn't get a door out of it, but such is life.
Mcyl8prh.png

Two steps up the staircase and you can see the base proper. I should add some sort of protection for the stairs, though. Just ain't safe like this.
KWuVLW8h.png

A look through the door into the base. It's OK, I know it's not lit up yet. It will be soon, though. Just need to get more torches.
uOna5dbh.png

Shot of the Volcano not far from my base. Had to turn up view distance to see it proper, but I plan on getting a decent amount of resources before I set up my Volcano Outpost.
bzjgTTyh.png

One day I'll have some tree farms out there. And maybe a quarry. But more likely I'll just use Mining Drills for the smaller footprint.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
Last week our server moved from mindcrack to ultimate and with it came a new map. The base I was working on wasn't quite finished yet, but it started to look really good. So I thought why not share it here.
These 2 screenshots (taken from opposite sides) are actually a few weeks old. I didn't have time to take some final pictures of the most recent changes.

258rmnl.png

zmh0yw.png

Next up, on the new map, I'm going to build bigger and better. (still have to figure out what exactly I'm going to build :p)

PS. forgive me for the shitty picture quality, but that's the quality I'm playing at ;)
How did you ge those color leaves?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The orange and yellow ones are from the autumn woods biomes and the rainbow ones are from enchanted forests in the twlight forest.

Fooman

Jul 29, 2019
Let's Breathe some life into this thread.

I started playing on a server, because let's face it: playing with people is more fun. Here's my base located in spawn.

It has a nice office building feel to it. I will eventually add some greenery around it, but I'm afraid I'll over do it and cover up the feel of the place. It's made of concrete, black stained glass, and marble bricks
Qv8YJKo.png

Here's the back of the structure. I have my bees here for now, but I want to set up a more serious place to put them in the future. There are 22 ultimate hybrids at one end of the roof, and I will be setting up 4 36HP boilers on the near side of the roof, in the near future.
qvYHZdy.jpg

Here's a few shots of the lobby. The monitor doesn't do anything yet, but I do have plans for it in the future. Applied Energistics pretty much ate two weeks of my time, and you'll see why in the following images. As a teaser, My Applied Energistics network uses over 530EU/t just to be turned on.
4X8e99h.png

Kl6r0Hw.png

The back of the building on the ground floor, is mostly empty right now, but I plan on setting up the boilers here, and a few other things :>. I currently have my matter fabricator located here closer to the solar panels, but will move it down a few floors when I finally get around to setting up a few fusion cores. The server I play on has chunk loading off at the moment as we transition to a new box, so I had to shut off the boiler.
iXdgD7Y.png

On the next floor is the crafting box, and storage room. I only use three of the disk drives, the rest just looks awesome (which is what half of minecraft is anyway, right?). It's encased in warded stone from Thaumcraft, and the grates are from RP2 (used purely cosmetically now, but I want to be able to flood the room in the future (in case of fire of course). You can see where I've been lazy with my filler leaving stone on some of the walls, believe me I'll change it when I can get enough clay. I can one click craft Fusion Coils, Ultimate Hybrid Panels, and many many other items. Applied Energistics is seriously awesome, and if you haven't played with it yet, I highly recommend it. It blows any barrel sorting system and logisitics pipe network completely out of the water.
A4vS8RL.png

luMwzYL.png

As we venture further down my plot, we arrive on the processing floor. I can currently pump 8 max sized quarries into this thing, and have zero backup. I'm not going to describe everything, because that would ruin half the fun of figuring out how everything works. I was going for a modular approach to the floor, limiting each module to a 5x5 space. Applied Energistics, Factorization Routers, Redpower2 Tubes, and even Buildcraft Pipes assist in moving items throughout this mess. We currently have Xycraft disabled, so my fabricators for tiny dusts are gone. They'll be added back in the future.
1lbKVb9.png

ahiIzb8.png

PuInL9n.png

myqZiSY.png

v4dI5jK.png

PQiINR2.png

I've just started my next floor, for centrifuging and electrolyzing, as well as my 10kW Thermopile set up which is currently not working with Xychorium Ice disabled. I tried using the unmelting Ice from Minefactory reloaded, but it most definitely melts by lava. I'm preparing for fusion, and I will set all of the material preparation up on the remainder of this floor. Yes, that is a vanilla chest, and it is overpowered as it takes up 2 blocks.
VroZXHs.png

qEax3FG.png

6w4yRct.png

Here's where I lived prior to moving into spawn, it's been ransacked and cleaned up, and serves mostly as a farm right now. I'm merely adding this as a bonus.
I called it Operation: Wasteland. You can see my wither skeleton farm and a very crudely done mob drop tower in the background, which I will likely change/decorate a little bit, when I get around to it of course. My Steve's Carts farms are awesome, and one of the first things I built on the server. The cylindrical structure is a Sugarcane farm, which I will build to the skybox when we re-enable Xycraft and i can use Xychorium soil. I plan on using the sugarcane to create plantballs, then dirt, then centrifuge it into clay for Construction Foam, which if you haven't noticed is used quite a bit.
f7VPz9q.jpg

I've pretty much cleaned up the inside of this, but I left my old ore processing here. We've been through too much together, and I couldn't bring myself to tear it down. I just added a little bit of AE to help move the stuff, I used to have a wall of barrels like most people do.
M0WQQdh.jpg

Anyways, thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoyed. The texture pack used is 32x Faithful.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Very, very impressive. I was considering a move from my first base and your amazing work has inspired me to relocate.
As an aside, looks like smooth stone blocks on the floor but what are those blocks on your walls?
Also, what are those awesome grills on the floor of your data storage room?

LastElf

Jul 29, 2019
Oooooh, nice AE setup! I'm going to have to post mine once I get some more of it built. Just taking a break at the moment while 1.5 is in the works. Lets just say I've taken up a 20x12 chunk area in a void age for my setup ;)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Let's Breathe some life into this thread.

I started playing on a server, because let's face it: playing with people is more fun. Here's my base located in spawn.

OHMIGOD SO MUCH AE

;)[DOUBLEPOST=1363876560][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very, very impressive. I was considering a move from my first base and your amazing work has inspired me to relocate.
As an aside, looks like smooth stone blocks on the floor but what are those blocks on your walls?
Also, what are those awesome grills on the floor of your data storage room?

The walls appear to be construction foam (as do the floors?) and the grills I think have something to do with Redpower fluid transportation.