Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished my Dome in my new (relatively new anyway) ssp world.
Made from glass viewers and some xychorodite shield blocks.

http://imgur.com/a/DRHn4#0

Fun Facts:
  • Over 60 stacks of iron were used in the making of this dome.
  • Nearly all (~95%) of the glass used to make the glass viewers is compose of cobblestone which I manually macerated and cooked.
My advice, if you ever see yourself considering such a project, choose life :p

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Well here's my base -> And a download :p -> https://www.box.com/s/lctp773eo4m8xui9hmcx (FTB Ultimate)
2013-03-27_08.14.32.png

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got a good idea to make some nice (automated) farms?
I have tried to work with Forestry new multifarms, and while they do look nice and are efficient, I hate the big block in the middle :/

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to work with Forestry new multifarms, and while they do look nice and are efficient, I hate the big block in the middle :/
I really like my golem-based farms. Lots of 9x9 plots of farmland with a water block in the middle (still haven't gotten around to making those lily pads from Xeno's to put on the water). Currently my farms are surrounded by a wooden fence, but I'm considering switching to something else more original. Maybe nether brick fencing or one of the decorative blocks added by various mods.

Steve's Carts farms (both tree and crop) are also pretty cool. Actually, for my money, the farmer from Steve's Carts is the best looking auto-farming system when looked at from above or at a distance. I think my golems are a bit more effective, but I'm still a fan of the look the Steve's Carts farm gives. Quick hint: if you don't want to worry about lighting your field or equiping your cart with a hydrator and keeping it full of water you can place lights and water holes under your tracks. The only limitation is that suspended tracks only go in straight lines, so don't put water in the corners of your railway.

Also, turtles can be very powerful and depending on your code can handle a farm that looks however you like, but you either have to be careful to not log off while they're doing something or use a program that can recover from chunk unloading or restarts.

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to download the world. If you haven't noticed, most people on this thread have not given downloads, you should be able to tell me what your base is about. I don't want your world, I have my own.

Yep like most of us jumpfight is in a world of his own

Talonar

Jul 29, 2019

Well Steves Carts [2] has a great and 'easy' tree farm setup, and you can do relatively the same [if I was told correctly] with wheat. All you need to do is set up some track, get the materials to make the cart hull and addons, wait, and enjoy. I use a SC Tree Farm to supply my bio-fuel needs.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
What modpack is it in?
FTB Ultimate
I don't want to download the world. If you haven't noticed, most people on this thread have not given downloads, you should be able to tell me what your base is about. I don't want your world, I have my own.
Alright, well then, I'm sure you can look through the windows and see just fine whats in each room.[DOUBLEPOST=1364478341][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well Steves Carts [2] has a great and 'easy' tree farm setup, and you can do relatively the same [if I was told correctly] with wheat. All you need to do is set up some track, get the materials to make the cart hull and addons, wait, and enjoy. I use a SC Tree Farm to supply my bio-fuel needs.
SC Tree Farm is great to begin with, but if you really want to rely on BioFuel, I recommend trying out one of Forestry's new Multi-Farms

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
SC Tree Farm is great to begin with, but if you really want to rely on BioFuel, I recommend trying out one of Forestry's new Multi-Farms[/quote]
He was responding to my question of using other farms then Forestry MultiFarms. That's why he recommend SC Farms :p

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Ultimate
Alright, well then, I'm sure you can look through the windows and see just fine whats in each room.
I see a bed, a couple of solars, and a ton of project tables.
And a silverwood. That's all.
But I'm sure you can create a cop-out post of a couple of cubes strung together by a pathway, just fine.

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Your house looks MUCH bigger from the inside than the outside. And may I say that mountain looks awesome!
Some kind of natural cave entrance on the left?

YooKahZee2

Jul 29, 2019
Your house looks MUCH bigger from the inside than the outside. And may I say that mountain looks awesome!
Some kind of natural cave entrance on the left?
Ikr its so weird XD It feels massive but its like 8 blocks across lol
Yeah it's a really small cave though :(

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019

I am currently doing a peat farm + highest sappiness bred apple tree farm for a full automation. I am unsure if it is more efficient than other, but I love my design. The only non-sustainable item is fertilizer (kind of), but you can easily come by a large amount of them.

The plus side of the multiblock farm? You already have highest sappiness tree which is 1.5 ready (sappiness affect biomass production in coming version). And you have infinite apple for your juice in fermenter which further boosts the biofuel production. Though, MFR bio reactor is probably better in producing biofuel for your boiler combined with harvester and planter

p.s. If you hate the multiblock farm structure in the middle, hide in underground and put your farm at the highest possible layer of the multiblock structure. Then build a nice 5x5 water fountain at top!

Reactions: TDarkShadow