Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so do not expect something overly fancy or buildings so awesome you're starting to drool. This is a relatively new world and therefore not that much to show. But I guess it's enough to write in here, at least.
1.​
o-1.jpg
Overworld shot, this is the area that I occupied (this is SSP). The wall was the outcome of a max-sized quarry that delievered way too much cobblestone. So I thought, what the heck, I can't stand monsters around my cottage at night anyways, so let's wall the whole area off. Scary nights - no more. ;)
2.​
o-mainhouse.jpg
This is my (more or less -) living house. As you obviously can see, it is indeed "heavily inspired" by a kinda wellknown Youtube-Minecraft-Letsplayer. *cough* Though I tried to break up the monotony and prettify the mess a bit. Over to the left you can see a part of the manual rubber farm (I have not exclusive shot of that). On the right hand side you can see a colorful spot - thats the path leading to my...​
3.​
portal.jpg
Nether Portal. I hate this thing with passion. Well, not the portal itself, but I wish it was easier to change the sounds this thing creates. Yeah, I know they're supposed to be unnerving. I still don't like them. But anyways, that's basically all there is to the nether-part of the world.. as I have not used any lava-consuming machinery yet. And don't ask about the flowers. Shoo!​
4.​
o-farming.jpgsignificanthouse.jpg
Behind the living-house is my farming area and an empty house.​
The farming area supplies enough cacti and everything else for me. Since I utilize a canning machine, I usually don't have to harvest the wheat. The house was built to show my significant other that, yes indeed, I am capable of NOT using any sort of 9x9 / 11x11 block'y designs! Anyway, it's empty. ;)
5.​
houserooms.jpg(right-click and open in a new tab to view more details)​
Now, lets go inside the house. It's small and functional, nothing fancy or dandyish. First room is my IC²- and chest room (this was the first thing build), most of the precious ingots now reside in my AE system (see below). At the moment, this is the room I frequent the most often - running back from my workshop, grab some stuff, return to work. In the end, I hope to have all the items in a selfsorting storage over at my workshop. If only I could get my lazy self to build a rp2/tube sorting system - yet again! *le sigh* Well, one of these days. >.>​
The second room is the extension of the first (The barrels gave a good hint, didn't they?) Yes, that IS a big iron tank in the floor. Sadly, it does not update correctly to mirror the liquid inside. It's about 1.8mio of Creosote Oil. Which is another thing I once have to move. Not that I have any kind of need for creosote oil. Building the tank inside my house was a rather bad idea - I cannot count the times I wanted to rightclick one of my bags or my minium stone and ended up looking at my creosote-level. ^^​
Third room is empty - upstairs is the bedroom (lowest shot in that multi-image) and downstairs is the enchanting room, which I obviously forgot to take a screenshot of. >.<​
6.​
tower1.jpg
The big Tower in the background of the first image is a Drop-Nearly-Dead-XP farm using a T5 Zombieshard. The killing is done by XP-Turtles with a extremely simple four line program (can be found everywhere online) and the xp is collected by the trusty old Brain-in-a-Jar. Both parts (Turtles | Spawner) can be de- or activated independently. Activating the turtles also turns on some pistons in order to create a water flow to push the zombies towards them.​
7.​
tower2.jpg
I wanted a Blaze-Farm ever since I watched Direwolf20 build his. So I went and got me a T5 Blaze Shard made. Which was one of the worst expeditions to the nether ever. Nothing but an electric jetpack and iron armor. It was the horror (for me - as I HATE the combat system of mc in general and the spookyness of the nether in specific). But now I sit upon a mountain of blazerods. Not that they are still as useful as back in the day, because as a solidfuel boiler option they were nerfed to the ground. But hey, there's plenty of other (crafting) stuff those are used for, so it's fine for me. =)​
8.​
o-treefarms.jpg
The last thing in the overworld are my two trusty old SC-Treefarms which are feeding my steam boiler in the workshop. It's a rather simple setup - there's an advanced item-unloader that empties the carts whenever they finish their round and a cargo-manager wich keeps them supplied with charcoal. This is done with a handful of RP2-Managers - everything else, the apples, saplings and the wood, ends up in those barrels you see on the right side. The wood then is extracted by a router and send through an item tesseract to feed the boilers. Which finally leads me to...​
9.​
workshop.jpg(right-click and open in a new tab to view more details)​
my workshop. As you all can see, it's nowhere near finished. I plan to have six 36HP boilers, three of which are finished, warmed up and running at the moment. I use a wood-sawmill-plank setup fed by my treefarms. In the near future, I'll create a plains/flatland mystcraft age to expand on my treefarms, but that's future talk. I have the generated power not connected, but rather have three energytesseracts ("Tower 01" / "02" / "03") sitting on top. Might not be the most efficient setup, but that is fine by me - as I never played FTB as a min-max game. =) In between there are six Blastfurnaces for my ever growing need of steel and four coke ovens for.. whatever I may need made from a coke oven. ;) By the way, the sawdust from all those sawmills is processed by Fabricators and leads to the item tesseract you can see in image 5-2. I started with zero charcoal. If anyone has a need for one-stack-a-minute.. or at least an Idea how to USE all that charcoal I'm creating hands free.. tell me. Please. ;)
The last image shows the newest addition, an "Ore Processing System" made with the (added) Applied Energistics mod. This cutie is capable of taking in any kind of ore that's to be found in the DW20 modpack and process it. Either by pulverizing-then-furnacing it, or just pulverize it or just furnace it. I love it to pieces right now. The routers all are set up with a bandwidth-upgrade, a speed-upgrade and a machine-upgrade.​
Well, that's all I have to show as of today. If this is too lengthy or too text-intense, I can delete this post anytime. But I hope you enjoyed the tour. =)

Reactions: ahwtx and benben500

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I love the walled city look and the clever use of micro blocks to spice the build up.

SkinnyTurtles

Jul 29, 2019
This is my base, only a few hours in so its not much at the moment, think it looks nice thought :)
http://imgur.com/a/JyT6N
First picture shows all my farms around my base, second is of the inside of my base, and the third is a side view. I am yet to get any machines, but I already have my highly advanced 9 chest storage solution at the back there (one for tools, a double for blocks, items, ores, and gems).

YooKahZee2

Jul 29, 2019
This is my base, only a few hours in so its not much at the moment, think it looks nice thought :)
First picture shows all my farms around my base, second is of the inside of my base, and the third is a side view. I am yet to get any machines, but I already have my highly advanced 9 chest storage solution at the back there (one for tools, a double for blocks, items, ores, and gems).
:O I love the way you did it in the mountain!

SkinnyTurtles

Jul 29, 2019
:O I love the way you did it in the mountain!
Thanks! It was just a big rectangular overhang jutting out of the side, and I turned it into a sort of cave to protect my self, and then set about making look better with the wood and glass. I still need to cut down the trees and light it up thought, mobs keep falling onto me whenever I leave the house :(

YooKahZee2

Jul 29, 2019
Purty cool house you got there XD

I just finished off my power room design! I will add more but i think it looks quite nice XD So here!

Here it is from the outside, nothing cool, just tanks and windows xD Looks really ghetto which is why I like it xD

2013-03-30_204307_zps14f69266.png

THE INSIDE \/\/\/

1st Layer = Main base part / Engines and Fuel tank.
2013-03-30_204121_zpse905320c.png

2nd Layer = Lava tank / Not filled yet. Featuring my friend the orange portal
2013-03-30_204143_zps09759b61.png

3rd Layer = Oil Tank and Oil Conversion!
2013-03-30_204200_zps306d2daa.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

I dig it. Nice simple and love that its part of the area

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
This is very much a WIP.

This pic shows the outside, upper portion of my base. This will be reserved for any and all farms in the future, and anything else that requires a large amount of space.
dCRpqYI.jpg

This is my biofuel farm. Yes, I am currently voiding the wood. I don't have a way to use it set up yet.
GBxTuaM.jpg

This is the entrance to the underground portion to my base. Yeah, it's pretty stylish.
HEifcFh.png

Chest room + IC2 room in the background.
LiTWzUF.jpg

Alternative view of IC2 room.
uBXbVSg.jpg

Thaumcraft/Mystcraft room + Exp grinder.
xmwt5jy.jpg

Boiler room/Buildcraft room
qCtNheS.jpg

Last one. Quarry sorting room.

5icycUA.jpg

Reactions: Rafael09ED

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
This is my base so far. I've put alot of effort in an attempt to make my base look nice although I've barely started in my world. Anyway, tell me if you like it and feel free to give me any recommendations. :D
Oh, I also forgot. The layout that I have outside is just temporary. I will start to teraform the land soon and move everything about. :p
EDIT: For some reason, some of the pictures did not upload, including the one displaying the entrance of the base.. oh well.

2013-03-30_23.17.39.png
2013-03-30_23.17.48.png
2013-03-30_23.18.00.png
2013-03-30_23.18.13.png
2013-03-30_23.18.20.png
2013-03-30_23.18.28.png
2013-03-30_23.18.36.png

Reactions: Rafael09ED

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
sorting room.

Painting tubes that feed barrels is redundent.

You can feed them all in a line RP2 will not try to put something in a barrel that can not go in it. So no pop out like Pipes.

Other then that. Nice base.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I like your barrel room. Very snazzy.

sorting room.

Painting tubes that feed barrels is redundent.

You can feed them all in a line RP2 will not try to put something in a barrel that can not go in it. So no pop out like Pipes.

Other then that. Nice base.

And yeah, I realized that shortly after making it. But, eh. Making paint is pretty easy, so it didn't really bug me.

Rafael09ED

Jul 29, 2019
This is my base so far. I've put alot of effort in an attempt to make my base look nice although I've barely started in my world. Anyway, tell me if you like it and feel free to give me any recommendations. :D
Oh, I also forgot. The layout that I have outside is just temporary. I will start to teraform the land soon and move everything about. :p
EDIT: For some reason, some of the pictures did not upload, including the one displaying the entrance of the base.. oh well.
I like your Texture pack, it fits well. Which one are you using?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, look at the stone, wood, glass / all vanilla textures. They are all of a higher quality

Oh well then (sorry did nto expaned the pics and the item in hand is clearly default) looks like one of the HD Faithfulls but no idea why it did not change the items too.

Rafael09ED

Jul 29, 2019
Oh well then (sorry did nto expaned the pics and the item in hand is clearly default) looks like one of the HD Faithfulls but no idea why it did not change the items too.
No problem. I looked through the photos the 1st time not even noticing it either. When I went back, I noticed that they where 64x64. Thanks

Mash

Jul 29, 2019

It changed the default items, but many texture packs don't account for mod items.

Compare the gold ingot in his barrel room to the non-default ones.