Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
So much of the same block...

Don't misunderstand it, the building itself is superb, but having a little diversity in the blocks would make it stand out so much more.

Well, not like I can do better, so it might sound haughty.

As for the LP, the thing is that making a LP is not just you playing as things come, or else you will just have your average videos that some enjoy, but that's it.
People like Etho, or Coestar did very well because they always have a plan on what to do. It is not about always prebuilding and all, but having an idea on what you want to achieve. That, and being able to show parts that are entertaining (read "no branch mining on camera").
It always sound so easy when you watch people's video, but it actually is a lot of work, at least too much for me.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just wanted to say that I really like the way you created a 'natural' looking village. I tend to just build a multi-story 21x21 build where I stuff everything in but your village setup with different buildings for different tasks look really nice.
Indeed, I wanted to do the same, but then in my world spawn, I ended up near a redrock mountain, which had a village on top. I just had to build a home sticking out of the side of the mountain overlooking a lush jungle, while my farms are above my house, and the village is within walking distance.
So much for my plans, perhaps in my next world :D

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, I wanted to do the same, but then in my world spawn, I ended up near a redrock mountain, which had a village on top. I just had to build a home sticking out of the side of the mountain overlooking a lush jungle, while my farms are above my house, and the village is within walking distance.
So much for my plans, perhaps in my next world :D

Yeah. We'll see. If I am going to build a new base when the Ultimate pack is out I am going for a 'village' look aswell. See how that fits me. I now have a building with loads of space that's still not very 'practical'. It would be nice to for example separate my 'farming' stuff from my 'mining' stuff and have a separate power plant.

UncleGeorge

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a full base yet, but I did finish my sorting machine/manufacturing facility ^_^ The actual factory look is something I saw in our old Tekkit server, I basically copied the style but the whole thing is filled with cables and tubes hidden in the walls/floor ^_^
http://imgur.com/a/0CDtG

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
So much of the same block...

Don't misunderstand it, the building itself is superb, but having a little diversity in the blocks would make it stand out so much more.

Well, not like I can do better, so it might sound haughty.

As for the LP, the thing is that making a LP is not just you playing as things come, or else you will just have your average videos that some enjoy, but that's it.
People like Etho, or Coestar did very well because they always have a plan on what to do. It is not about always prebuilding and all, but having an idea on what you want to achieve. That, and being able to show parts that are entertaining (read "no branch mining on camera").
It always sound so easy when you watch people's video, but it actually is a lot of work, at least too much for me.

This is true, however you can tell that saice already does a bit of planning other wise his base would not have turned out nearly as good as it has so far. Making a LP is a bit of work and time, however like I told him. If you want to make one, if you really have that desire to do something like that then it isn't really work anymore. If you go at making the videos with only the intentions of getting views then your probably not going to enjoy it very much. Now if your making videos because you like to make videos and you like playing the game your playing and building the things your building and you want others to enjoy them to, then you'll have fun.

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
After seeing eveyone elses nifty bases on this thread I immediately felt ashamed of mine lol. Here's my just getting started house, not sure what the plans are going forward though in terms of more buildings, or just all underground, but I do plan on having a bunch of farms, just gotta figure out how to get me some grass in this biome, I would assume it doesnt need to be grass as its just going to be tilled. Anyways, try not to laugh too hard at it :p Great work everyone on here tho, impressive. 2013-01-15_16.22.48.jpg2013-01-15_16.23.03.jpg2013-01-15_16.23.18.jpg2013-01-15_16.23.38.jpg2013-01-15_16.23.58.jpg2013-01-15_16.24.13.jpg2013-01-15_16.24.25.jpg2013-01-15_16.24.36.jpg

Reactions: Gaudelike and Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if it is possbale as I have not played much in the wasteland. But if you can I would suggest getting some grass around that house. That is he only thing that really takes away from the build. Nice home but nasty yard.

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
Yes sir, indeed it is very gross looking aroud there haha. I like the wastelands only because they are generally alot of flat terrain, so its easy to start building, plus this one was bordered on the Redwoods, a Jungle, a Forest, and some sort of Taiga biome. I've never messed with Teraformers before, do those do that sort of thing?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I belive so. But I was just thinking you close enough to grass you could just dig and fill a channel of dirt from the grass the area around our home. the Cracked sand does not grow grass but if you replace it with drit and give grass a way to spread to it it should work. Might be brownish not sure the grass color or that bimoe but it should look better then that cracke sand.

Another option would be wood and stone court yard looking thing if the grass does not work.

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
It took forever, but what I ended up doing is wand of equal trading dirt for cracked sand and used the phil stone on a big patch so it would start to spread. I have covered the entire are with dirt and most of the grass has grown in. The only bad part is that in Wasteland the grass grows to look like the Savannah grass, kinda orangish, not awesome green like I woulda liked, but I guess thats what I get for building in a Wasteland lol.

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
Ten days in the making...
Just an overview of my small town in the making. I decided to go with oak wood so I can abuse fences. Things always get out of hand if I try and make anything out of micro-blocks. So I wanted to keep the structures simple. Yes, the nearest rubber tree I could find was 200m away from my original hole in the mountain house.

Here's the castle I'm working on, I like the way it's turned out so far, but I'm still trying to figure out what to put in the courtyard and I also don't like having grass there so I'm probably going to switch it for something else. Also I still need to setup my door, right now it's just 2 levers that I have to click back and forth a bunch of times, I'm planing to add some wireless redstone with a timer and counter, i'm not that experienced with red power so that's why I've been putting it off...

both of these are so awesome
Fooman wood and stone look amazing together you've pretty much helped me decide what i'll do for my base
__HATE__ how many volcanoes did you annihilate to make this? still very cool, if you want to get rid of grass i would recommend replacing it with nether brick and having a few spots of dirt for trees and stuff (like potted trees or something)[DOUBLEPOST=1358301005][/DOUBLEPOST]be careful i heard that wasteland cracked sand will eventually turn dirt into more cracked sand

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Fooman wood and stone look amazing together you've pretty much helped me decide what i'll do for my base
__HATE__ how many volcanoes did you annihilate to make this? still very cool, if you want to get rid of grass i would recommend replacing it with nether brick and having a few spots of dirt for trees and stuff (like potted trees or something)[DOUBLEPOST=1358301005][/DOUBLEPOST]be careful i heard that wasteland cracked sand will eventually turn dirt into more cracked sand

As a volcano deweller myself I can tell you that here is a TON of basalt in any meduim sized or larger volcano. It realy is not hard to amass a lot of it from just one source.

__HATE__

Jul 29, 2019
__HATE__ how many volcanoes did you annihilate to make this? still very cool, if you want to get rid of grass i would recommend replacing it with nether brick and having a few spots of dirt for trees and stuff (like potted trees or something)

I found 3 volcanoes in the overworld so far, 2 of them are right next to each other. I mined every single basalt block off of one of them and about half for the other 2. I then got tired of going 1000+ meters from my base for basalt so I made a Myscraft age with lava lakes/hell biome and there are volcanoes EVERYWHERE, most of the world is made of basalt so I just took my mining laser to it, I can fill my inventory+enderpouch in about 20 minutes. I'll try the nether brick and see what it looks like, thanks for the suggestion. As for the trees I'm trying to go for a darker/evil look (hence wanting to get rid of the grass) so I probably won't have any form of vegetation, now if there was some kind of rotten/dying tree that would be awesome. I'm also wishing that I didn't build my castle in the middle of a field full of grass/trees/flowers, I think it would of looked allot better in a wasteland biome or maybe even on the side of a volcano. I might terraform the area into something else, don't know what yet, mycelium maybe?

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
As a volcano deweller myself I can tell you that here is a TON of basalt in any meduim sized or larger volcano. It realy is not hard to amass a lot of it from just one source.

Idk, I mean yeah each volcano has a decent amount of basalt, but when building a castle completely out of basalt you would have to go through an entire volcano if not more. I just finished completely removing a medium sized volcano and I would say I got 250 stacks of basalt or so. Which is a lot, but when building in a big scale goes quickly.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
huh... will remember the thing with mystcraft

Yeah I need to remember that to. I always forget that volcanoes don't spawn the lava lave underneath, but that they simply spawn where lava lakes are. Pretty good idea though. Wish I would have known that before I just removed that last volcano. :p

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Idk, I mean yeah each volcano has a decent amount of basalt, but when building a castle completely out of basalt you would have to go through an entire volcano if not more. I just finished completely removing a medium sized volcano and I would say I got 250 stacks of basalt or so. Which is a lot, but when building in a big scale goes quickly.

You just have to be smart about unseen blocks that can be filled with anything else.

And covers lots of covers.

But yes if you just use soild basalt then sure you will need a lot. But Just form clearing space for my base I filled a barrel plus some of balast and I was not even trying to collect it that was just a side effect of making room.