Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
True, though Im making 4 150 block tall towers out of 80% basalt and 20% nether brick. And besides making the entire thing out of basalt covers there really is no way to conserve basalt. But its not a big deal with it being a private server and having mystcraft at my disposal. Just got to take the time to get it when needed. :p

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
lol oh god, I hope all my hard work doesnt turn back into cracked sand. That would really suck, and im not good with MCEdit to make a new seed and copy my house lol.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Cracked sand spreading is currently disabled in EXBL. Nothing to worry about, yet....

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
My progress so far on converting the wasteland into something a little better looking. As I said before, not very good at the whole building/landscaping bit, and in Wasteland it makes all super green plantlife look orangish and dehydrated, so thats why the grass and "bushes" look like they do.

Progress.jpgProgress2.jpg

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Neat. Im curious though, did you make an age just for oil? If so is there a specific biome that large oil wells spawn in? I know that you can get several small ones in desert biomes but is there a way to force big oil wells to spawn?

BeddingPlants

Jul 29, 2019
I was just lucky, found a large deposit in a random age. I want to see if the whole lake will fit in the tank.:) I don't think oil spawns differently in different biomes, other than those puddles in the desert.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
I was just lucky, found a large deposit in a random age. I want to see if the whole lake will fit in the tank.:) I don't think oil spawns differently in different biomes, other than those puddles in the desert.

yeah I didn't think so, thats to bad. Would be nice to be able to create a "Age of Oil!" lol. Nice setup though.

Rythyn

Jul 29, 2019
Front View
2013-01-14_234958_zps0cfd1767.png

Back View of Farms
2013-01-14_235448_zpsb3c3e5d1.png

An Inside View
2013-01-14_235224_zps64d2206f.png

View From Boat
2013-01-14_235143_zpsfe01ef39.png

That's it without posting tons of photos of all details. Enjoy!!

Reactions: NathanG

Psykoe

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed it would be awesome to make an Age of Oil, ive often wondered if you could make an age of lava? What happens in you stack in tons of lava lake symbols? I have never tried that :)

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Lol. I may try that one I get into oil a bit heavier. For now I got a few small oil spawns in the overworld I know about so Ill get those first.

Rythyn

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks I took pics thought id post some since i've heard the map may be reset soon and it all goes away.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's the start of my base, nothing amazing yet. Love the location (redrock mountain ridge, local village, 2 oil spouts, dungeon almost underneath my house), just having bad luck with finding mineral resources, plus, living up high means further to travel to get the good stuff underground!
Plus, unfortunately the only wildlife to spawn near here were 4 sheep, and a load of wolves. I, err, killed 3 sheep (lack of shears), and saved the 4th, until a wolf got in and killed it.
No pigs, chickens or cows anywhere local, and the jungle makes travel difficult. May have to raid the local villages for books and try my luck with mystcraft ages.

Start of my sorting room:
base1.jpg

My amazing power room:
base2_power.jpg

The outside (cobble just placeholders for now):
base3_outside.jpgbase4_outside.jpg

My farm:
base5_farm.jpg

Plans include a refinery system where the oil spouts are; improving the local village - one of their farms has "fallen" (spawned) in a deep natural crater; thaumcraft/magic tower on the spit of land to overlook all the jungle; automated farms; and a rail system to get between the mountain village and another one just the other side of the jungle.

But first I want to get a peat farm setup to provide a constant base of energy, eating through my coal too fast at the moment.

BeddingPlants

Jul 29, 2019
Really cool base Golrith, looks like you found a huge oil deposit. Had to run this gauntlet to get mine lol.
e0n42.jpg

Heres the pump tower
ovsl1.jpg