Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Chesham

Jul 29, 2019
Pics of my current base, still heavily WIP. (spoilered since it's a bunch of pictures)
9H8wTpG.jpg

My base, partially finished. The giant box is a t5 skele spawner, I'll probably move it eventually. The partially finished building on the left is my giant bee tower that I'm working on at the moment. (I have a serious bee addiction..)
0Uj3dMM.jpg

The other side. Gonna redo the top sometime.
G6M7Kai.jpg

Bee and tree breeding! I'm on an couple islands here, really like the location.
FGDUDTV.jpg

The other other side.
9I6belu.jpg

ogOVIt7.png

Bee production building. Gonna have stacks on stacks of alvearies. :)
PVNYsrs.jpg

Bee machines and stuff. Still need to put a honey tank in and automate alveary block production, it's still pretty manual right now.
R7YjYzI.jpg

This is how I start, horribly disorganized. xD
Imgur album

Would love suggestions, I didn't include a lot of pictures of machines since they're all a mess right now.

Reactions: Matthew83

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Pics of my current base, still heavily WIP. (spoilered since it's a bunch of pictures)
My base, partially finished. The giant box is a t5 skele spawner, I'll probably move it eventually. The partially finished building on the left is my giant bee tower that I'm working on at the moment. (I have a serious bee addiction..)

The other side. Gonna redo the top sometime.

Bee and tree breeding! I'm on an couple islands here, really like the location.

The other other side.

Bee production building. Gonna have stacks on stacks of alvearies. :)

Bee machines and stuff. Still need to put a honey tank in and automate alveary block production, it's still pretty manual right now.

This is how I start, horribly disorganized. xD
Imgur album

Would love suggestions, I didn't include a lot of pictures of machines since they're all a mess right now.

That single LV transformer wont power those machines very well unless youre just using them one at a time. Cool bee!

Reactions: ff255away

Chesham

Jul 29, 2019
That single LV transformer wont power those machines very well unless youre just using them one at a time. Cool bee!
It's actually a batbox, and I don't use those machines that often since I have a small auto macerating/smelting system that takes care of most of my needs.

MRHeavyMetal_SIR

Jul 29, 2019
It's a nice place, but that site is....odd and a bit clunky. Maybe just upload images here, or to something like imgur?
imgur was being stupid and wouldnt let me upload them so i thought i might aswell use my servers website

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
imgur was being stupid and wouldnt let me upload them so i thought i might aswell use my servers website

Yeah, it's fine, but first you have to scroll down, then click the image, then you have to scroll down *again* and click the image again just to get it at a reasonable size. But nice house, it seems like it would be hard to find what you're looking for with all those barrels. I have about 10 barrels, and the rest are just managers attached to diamond chests.

MRHeavyMetal_SIR

Jul 29, 2019
i use routers for my sorting system and with routers you cant have an overflow chest because the start where they left off the dont start at the beginning each time they sort and you get used to where everything is after a few while and i get the thing about the website but i dont know how to build a proper website so wordpress is what i went with

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What if you had sorting machines send everything that could be routed to the router? Then you could configure everything that wasn't sent to the barrels to managers and chests, and then finally an overflow chest.

MRHeavyMetal_SIR

Jul 29, 2019
thats actually a good idea and could work and is actually a good idea, you could use enderchests or private tesseracts and have different color codes or frequencies for send things different places for example i have a enderchest i send everything to and ores get pulverized and cooked and everything else gets sent to another enderchest to be sorted into the barrels and all the ingots sent to the enderchest to be sorted

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, then you could remove about half your barrels and put them in a bit easier access system of chests. I had problems with barrels that forced the items in crazy directions, chests work much better for me.

MRHeavyMetal_SIR

Jul 29, 2019
i have added more photos and updated the link to drop box, and barrels i have 3 upgrades on the routers thoroughness,speed and bandwidth, and with barrels especially if your using RP2 tubes you need to have atleast 1 of an item in a barrel because things will go into the nearest inventory that will except them which means if there is an empty barrel closer than the barrel that accepts lets use cobble for example the cobble will go in the empty one

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I ended up figuring that one out :p, but whenever I click to get an item out of a barrel, it will fly really far away or spawn on top of the barrel or maybe even behind it, it was just weird.

VyronVass

Jul 29, 2019
Before you look I will let you know it is not a fancy build,it's just a starter build that I could make until my third day (minecraft day).I played just 3 hours..Anyway it counts as "base". Well,after I saw all this building and machinery I'm feeling a bit sad about my building skills but this is my third day on this map and I think It's pretty useful for starting.It's not that fancy.But i just started plus I like caves and flowers.

Thanks to my iron furnace to make it possible to be made in 3 hours. :D

Edit:If you laugh at the place I call home my roommate who is a spider jockey will be very sad.If you'll laugh at this please do it silent :)

The door on the left is the entrance to my mine.

yTegMtn.png

8gaB7cV.png

tgRpeCx.png

They are powered by TE Steam Engines and I think they don't explode unless it stores too much power inside or cut the connection with aqueous accumulator.
KOrwMik.png

fQYh5JG.png

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Vyron I see nothing here that you should be ashamed of. With your flooring, large windows and little beehive decoration your starter home looks far better than my typical hole in the ground after 3 hours.

VyronVass

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks I don't know anything about bee breeding and apiary for now,but I'm waiting for advices.What should I do with bees? I read they can produce some goodies :D (not honey more valuable goodies,but honeyed slice is nice)

Maybe I should post my progress on this world post by post,I always wanted to see my progress with pics...

Zmaster27

Jul 29, 2019
look on a guide and try to find out how to get the majestic and industrious lines and go from there