FTB Beyond Release

CraveMode

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, FTB Beyond was just released, I am sure they will add more mods as they come available and are tested to perform good. They have a lot of mods in that pack and it requires at least 4gb.. that is better than some packs with slightly less mods that won't run on less than 6 or 8 GB of ram.

Z

z3rocool

If you're not moving forward you're moving backwards.

This pack is a perfect example of moving backwards. Beyond should have been put off till more mods were available, it's just missing everything that makes FTB the game it was on 1.7 and prior.

Even the world is plain and boring, there is no adventure feeling, it's all a rinse and repeat but with so much stuff missing.

I remember when Monster first dropped. That had so much wow factor to it, what happen to FTB, seems all we get these days are repeats of FTB skyblocks and halfassed 1.10 packs nothing about the new stuff is worth any praise?

Reactions: Vvtra and iTpyn

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

This pack is a perfect example of moving backwards. Beyond should have been put off till more mods were available, it's just missing everything that makes FTB the game it was on 1.7 and prior.

Even the world is plain and boring, there is no adventure feeling, it's all a rinse and repeat but with so much stuff missing.

I remember when Monster first dropped. That had so much wow factor to it, what happen to FTB, seems all we get these days are repeats of FTB skyblocks and halfassed 1.10 packs nothing about the new stuff is worth any praise?
It sounds like you love all the things I hate in packs and vice versa.

The pack, like any other, is going to be complete rubbish for some players and completely amazing for others. Try to bear in mind that a pack is more than just the sum of its mods (which is why the first All the Mods pack is so utterly terrible imo, while its Expert mode is rather good)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like you love all the things I hate in packs and vice versa.

The pack, like any other, is going to be complete rubbish for some players and completely amazing for others. Try to bear in mind that a pack is more than just the sum of its mods (which is why the first All the Mods pack is so utterly terrible imo, while its Expert mode is rather good)

leave him be... He does not even bother to reply on anything that me or @CraveMode have asked him...
I would say tipical rage due to of frustration or overexpecting something

Z

z3rocool

Someone didn't get attention suddenly It means I'm raging? Guess you got this all figured out no need for any reply.

Didn't know that disliking something means rage but okay.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Look at the language and tone that they are using @Dentvar and @Pyure. I'm always loath to cast the first troll, but clearly that's what their aim is - to throw deliberately provocative language down and see who bites.

That's not to say their opinion is worthless, I'd never go that far. But there is a line about feeding mythical beasts that we need to bear in mind.

Its also worth saying that going by the number of people chomping at the bit for Beyond, the "just put it off until [indeterminate time] later" would have been simply unacceptable for a number of people.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Someone didn't get attention suddenly It means I'm raging? Guess you got this all figured out no need for any reply.

Didn't know that disliking something means rage but okay.

I realy dont´want to start a discussion about who is right or wrong now... Also what I should have done is to not advice @Pyure on ignoring you. This way it would not escalate more.
So since you seem to care about not beeing marked as a "Rager" lets try again.

From my point of view the purpose of a forum is to discuss about things that you think differently then other people.

Based on this, I did answer to your first post with some questions/feedback the same as @CraveMode did.
In order to go on with the discussion and help us understand your point of view the normal reaction would be that you give information back on what have been asked.
And so on until we either agree with each other or just say we have different tastes and expectactions and go out without solving this.

But by just doing a other Post that does not do anything else then repeating the same stuff in slightliy other words and even less reasoning behind it, is difficult to understand were you are coming from.
Leaving us with no other option than to either ignore you or getting upsed by your attitude (wich is the worse choice since then we start raging at each other :) )

Locking forward to see some explanation from you. Otherwise, plessure having met you :)

Z

z3rocool

I realy dont´want to start a discussion about who is right or wrong now... Also what I should have done is to not advice @Pyure on ignoring you. This way it would not escalate more.
So since you seem to care about not beeing marked as a "Rager" lets try again.

From my point of view the purpose of a forum is to discuss about things that you think differently then other people.

Based on this, I did answer to your first post with some questions/feedback the same as @CraveMode did.
In order to go on with the discussion and help us understand your point of view the normal reaction would be that you give information back on what have been asked.
And so on until we either agree with each other or just say we have different tastes and expectactions and go out without solving this.

But by just doing a other Post that does not do anything else then repeating the same stuff in slightliy other words and even less reasoning behind it, is difficult to understand were you are coming from.
Leaving us with no other option than to either ignore you or getting upsed by your attitude (wich is the worse choice since then we start raging at each other :) )

Locking forward to see some explanation from you. Otherwise, plessure having met you :)

Unless you made this mod pack or work in or for the FTB community there would be absolutely zero purpose to answering your inquiry, while I understand you feel self important and need attention, your post about my opinion on the game shall you like it or not really isn't important to me, if they shall need my input they can message me in a PM but as far as further response to your bickering it will discontinue from here as the game will have absolutely no change from me and you having a forum discussion over petting your over sized ego, have a nice day.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I appreciate the work to put this mod pack together.

But if you want an honest opinion this pack feels like it's lacking all that FTB represents.

Beyond feels like its missing a lot. It feels very Vanilla, it feels rather boring, it feels like its missing to many mods that most people love.

This should not have been the mod pack that represents FTB at this time, it's simply not worthy of it.

Infinity is far more superior than this pack

Crackpack was a pack that was slept on

But Beyond is total rubbish compared to the predecessors.

Sorry but this is the spoken truth someone had to say it. Sure the fanboy hate will follow this comment.
I believe, if I'm reading this right the stuff you are refering are mods the dev of those mods from 1.7 decided they were moving to 1.10 which means this version can't ever be like the old packs cause the mods just don't work for this version. Now if it is pack design you have a problems that is something to bring up here but allot of these types of post are mad cause the old mods aren't in and ftb can't force people to update.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014

I will post this again so it is 100% clear allot of the 1.7 mods ARE NOT coming to 1.10. They are just not coming and all the waiting in the world isn't going to change that. You can't blame FTB team for Mod devs that don't even work for them or even get paid to make mods not waiting the hassle of updating to 1.10. It is time to move towards not trying to be 1.7 packs and be it's own 1.10 packs.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate the work to put this mod pack together.

But if you want an honest opinion this pack feels like it's lacking all that FTB represents.
[...]

I can understand where you are coming from, but as pointed out previously a lack of mods is hardly FTB's fault.
You need to consider that on the one hand, they do want to obviously manage their brand properly and that they want to provide what people have to come to expect.
On the other hand, there is probably a lot of people out there that were more than eager to get to play a new 1.10 pack since it has simply been so long on 1.7 that anything seems better than nothing.
I am personally not entirely sure that this release adds enough on top of Infinity Lite 1.10 and DW20 in order to justify this release since we have historically only ever had one flagship kitchen sink pack per MC version.
From a brand management standpoint, I always advise in favor of caution and quality control rather than satisfying impatience.
Now, if I remember correctly this does by no means dictate the final lineup of mods. Was it Monster that got Thaumcraft post release? Let's just hope more talented people are willing to spend their time again. I somewhat blame the bumpy road from 1.7 to 1.10M; I am sure we lost a lot of potentially good mods because the authors got bored of working on things only to port them again before they ever really took off.
If you have been following modded MC closely and this is not the first time you touch 1.10 chances are you will be a bit disappointed. I myself am currently not running a server for this since Infinity Lite and DW20 gave me the chance of checking out the few things currently exciting about 1.10 (that McJty guy tho...).
Expert mode is coming; try to be patient, I know its hard.

Reactions: MrMonsterGuy18

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues using this mod pack and generating worlds for it. Could someone help me out? After generating a couple chunks of the world, the server triggers into a crash state and I cannot reboot the server without deleting the world. I've posted the log below! Help?

https://twitch.kactus.xyz/dasmehdi/log/crash-2017-03-09_18.46.31-server.txt
https://twitch.kactus.xyz/dasmehdi/log/fml-server-latest.log

Thanks!
Please use the bug tracker here: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/ftb-beyond.261/
..and remove progenitor and terraincontrol mods from your server before submitting this crash again, edited modpack files will not be supported.

Reactions: Watchful11

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Also I keep seeing people ask about the Ars Magica 2 for 1.10. Now I know packs have it in them but as far as I know the Mod dev for that mod quit modding for minecraft back half way through 1.7.10 and wasn't coming back for a while. I am pretty sure the version in the packs is a port over not an updated mod for 1.10. Someone can correct me if I am wrong and I am hoping that answer the questions about that one mod. Not everyone knows that. It was one of my fav magic mods cause you really used magic.

Last edited:

UrMagus

Jul 29, 2019
How about a real question. What mods are the devs looking at to add later once those mods become stable? I'm sure you're looking at Thaumcraft. Are there any others?
And, given that, if the mod you add later gens ore, does that mean we'll have to move to unloaded chunks once the mod is added?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How about a real question. What mods are the devs looking at to add later once those mods become stable? I'm sure you're looking at Thaumcraft. Are there any others?
And, given that, if the mod you add later gens ore, does that mean we'll have to move to unloaded chunks once the mod is added?

One that I know of, having seen a preview last Friday and also Direwolf20's spotlight is Thermal Dynamics. Thermal Expansion was split into 3 separate mods... Expansion, Foundation and Dynamics in order to allow people to use the part(s) they want. Dynamics has all the piping everyone was waiting on but there seemed to be a few rendering issues that were still being worked on.

Reactions: Pickypicky

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
So is this the expert mode pack or is this the precursor? I want to know for when I throw another 6 months at a modpack

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So is this the expert mode pack or is this the precursor? I want to know for when I throw another 6 months at a modpack
expert mode will be in this pack but it isn't released yet. They said they were working on it now.