FTB Beyond Release

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Really like all mods in this pack but lots of the stuff i really love is disabled on this pack. If this pack didn't change and disable so much and not tell you at all i may play it. The one that really gets me is the Portable Tank form Thermal Expansion seems like only the basic on is enabled and Agrocrafts ore plants are out then there also Quark in this pack but why bother adding Quark if you're just going to disable everything? if i could just enable everything again it would be nice
I can answer the portable tank one straight away - the rest comes down to personal choice.

Higher tier tanks are not disabled - you now use Upgrade Kits to turn the basic tank into the more advanced ones - these have to be applied sequentially. Alternatively, Conversion Kits can be used to take an item straight to that tier. Note: its not just tanks that the upgrade kits work with, but most machines including dynamos.

Reactions: Everlasting2
J

Juggalo45ca

I can answer the portable tank one straight away - the rest comes down to personal choice.

Higher tier tanks are not disabled - you now use Upgrade Kits to turn the basic tank into the more advanced ones - these have to be applied sequentially. Alternatively, Conversion Kits can be used to take an item straight to that tier. Note: its not just tanks that the upgrade kits work with, but most machines including dynamos.

thank you for that info that really does help me a lot. I am kinda new to using the Ftb launcher and packs was told it would be much easier to set up a server and it is love how that works with the launcher had a real problem getting one going by myself

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
thank you for that info that really does help me a lot. I am kinda new to using the Ftb launcher and packs was told it would be much easier to set up a server and it is love how that works with the launcher had a real problem getting one going by myself
Ah great! :) Glad I could help! It looks like some really interesting changes going forward in TE5 - have fun!

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to turn EU to RF I understand they don't wanna move rf to Eu and it wasnt designed to from what ive been reading but I really hate having to make multiple different power gens with different storages

In past modpacks, Immersive Engineering was able to convert EU into RF and vice versa, I assume it still works in FTB Beyond but haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm still trying to figure out what the best EU power source is, and the best RF power source. With no Buildcraft Oil sources, it seems my usual "go-to" for EU, the Semifluid Generators, are pretty useless now.

And I'm also confused that searching for "quarry" only brings up one block from Extra Utilities that I'm not familiar with at all. So still not sure what the best way to accumulate ores is. Already sick of mining by hand after 2 days. :)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
In past modpacks, Immersive Engineering was able to convert EU into RF and vice versa, I assume it still works in FTB Beyond but haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm still trying to figure out what the best EU power source is, and the best RF power source.
And I'm also confused that searching for "quarry" only brings up one from Extra Utilities that I'm not familiar with. So I'm also not sure yet what the best way to accumulate ores is.
Extra utilities quarry creates ores as the normal quarry does but Out of nothing... Well energy but it does not mine real blocks. Alternative would be the rf one that os more classic

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

I'm still trying to figure out what the best EU power source is, and the best RF power source. With no Buildcraft Oil sources, it seems my usual "go-to" for EU, the Semifluid Generators, are pretty useless now.

And I'm also confused that searching for "quarry" only brings up one block from Extra Utilities that I'm not familiar with at all. So still not sure what the best way to accumulate ores is. Already sick of mining by hand after 2 days. :)
So, the RFTools builder can act very much as a quarry, including being able to silk touch or fortune blocks.

Actually Additions has the Virtual Digger, which digs straight down, and is probably not too bad as an earlier game option.

Environmental Tech, if that's in there, has the Void Ore miner (think MFR but in an upgradeable multiblock).

The Immersive Engineering method does NOT work for conversion, at least as far as I know so far.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Good quarry suggestions, thanks. Enviro Tech is in the pack, yes, and that one looks achievable for me but no idea how it works, or how well. I guess before I think about operating a quarry, I need to sort thru and figure out my various power options. Where is the best place to mine by hand for early game? I've been in the Aroma Mining Portal dimension but ores seem somewhat sparse in this pack with the exception (thankfully!) of the Tinkers nether ores Cobalt & Ardite. But everything in the Overworld seems to be on the low side. Is the Deep Dark a good option? Never used it but just made the portal to that dimension and am afraid to step into it. haha

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Good quarry suggestions, thanks. Enviro Tech is in the pack, yes, and that one looks achievable for me but no idea how it works, or how well. I guess before I think about operating a quarry, I need to sort thru and figure out my various power options. Where is the best place to mine by hand for early game? I've been in the Aroma Mining Portal dimension but ores seem somewhat sparse in this pack with the exception (thankfully!) of the Tinkers nether ores Cobalt & Ardite. But everything in the Overworld seems to be on the low side. Is the Deep Dark a good option? Never used it but just made the portal to that dimension and am afraid to step into it. haha
That depends on the configs, but usually the deep dark tends to have about double the normal ores. It might be worth checking whether Grue is in this pack, that could be... messy. It might be worth glancing through the changelogs to see if it mentions anything about ore generation in there.

Bastiondar

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had issues acquiring Emeralds? I' ve had my RFTools quarry running for 2 days and I've not seen any. Diamonds, yes but no emeralds. The only emerald I got was one I mined manually.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had issues acquiring Emeralds? I' ve had my RFTools quarry running for 2 days and I've not seen any. Diamonds, yes but no emeralds. The only emerald I got was one I mined manually.

Only thing I can report is that I did find an Emerald Ore in the Aroma Mining World, so they do exist there at least, which might be good for folks to know. No idea about RF Tools tho.

Reactions: Bastiondar
A

Aoki_88

Can some one tell me which Thaumcraft mod I should add to this modpack? The one I tried made the game crash.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
So, the RFTools builder can act very much as a quarry, including being able to silk touch or fortune blocks.

Actually Additions has the Virtual Digger, which digs straight down, and is probably not too bad as an earlier game option.

Environmental Tech, if that's in there, has the Void Ore miner (think MFR but in an upgradeable multiblock).

The Immersive Engineering method does NOT work for conversion, at least as far as I know so far.
I love the Virtual Digger and I'll tell you why. If you put three boosters on top before placing it it will mine 16 blocks radius. Very easy to set up. Very mobile also you only need besides the digger and three boosters 2 5k caps, a top tier bat from AA, large chest or ender chest, Item conduit, and mine pack with compression. when your out and about just takes 2 minutes to set up. The 2-5k caps will run it 2-3 times and the bat will fill the cpas when their in your inv. Very good ealier game resource gather and you can set it to ores only FTW!

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I love the Virtual Digger and I'll tell you why. If you put three boosters on top before placing it it will mine 16 blocks radius. Very easy to set up. Very mobile also you only need besides the digger and three boosters 2 5k caps, a top tier bat from AA, large chest or ender chest, Item conduit, and mine pack with compression. when your out and about just takes 2 minutes to set up. The 2-5k caps will run it 2-3 times and the bat will fill the cpas when their in your inv. Very good ealier game resource gather and you can set it to ores only FTW!
Why does nobody use the extra utilities one? Setup ones never care again. Maybe not very "realistic" but for me mining/quarrying os not fun so I abuse it

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Why does nobody use the extra utilities one? Setup ones never care again. Maybe not very "realistic" but for me mining/quarrying os not fun so I abuse it
Define "nobody"? :p remember it's quite a lot more expensive and hard to make than the AA one - I would entirely expect someone to start with the Digger, and move onto the QQ later! I'm pretty sure a certain prehistoric lupine used it in his last Forgecraft series.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Define "nobody"? remember it's quite a lot more expensive and hard to make than the AA one - I would entirely expect someone to start with the Digger, and move onto the QQ later! I'm pretty sure a certain prehistoric lupine used it in his last Forgecraft series.
Nobody is because I have a to big ego so since nobody answered me now its nobody ;).
Last Playthrough on dw20 1.10 pack i manualy tinker construct mined the Deep dark and was very easy yo get the quarry. Maybe they changed recipts did not check. This time I Will try the tech evolved one just to change

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Nobody is because I have a to big ego so since nobody answered me now its nobody ;).
Last Playthrough on dw20 1.10 pack i manualy tinker construct mined the Deep dark and was very easy yo get the quarry. Maybe they changed recipts did not check. This time I Will try the tech evolved one just to change
I thought it needed at least one nether star and stuff from the end cities? I suppose it does depend on what you define as easy though :)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
well for me It is more useful because you may need something specific. Say you need more gold for example. When using the other things you ether have to go with chance or you need to move the whole set up and respec the cords in cases like the builder or the like. For the digger if you have been exploring and come acrossed a mesa pop down your digger and in 2 minute have gold for days.

S

sparhawkse

Is there anyway to turn EU to RF I understand they don't wanna move rf to Eu and it wasnt designed to from what ive been reading but I really hate having to make multiple different power gens with different storages
I'm using the Electric Generator from Forestry, it's not perfect and the overheating is kind of a drag but I turn it on and off when I need RF. IC2 cable on one side and EnderIO conduit on the other.