FTB Beyond Release

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I could only get it to go into the Semi Fluid generator not including the AA generators. It produce 16,000 Eu for 1000 mb and uses 10 mb at a time. I set it up with a Press feeding into 4 Fermenting Barrels. Then Used fluid conduit from Enderio to pipe into 4 Semi Fluid Generators from IC2. That 64 eu per tick and you could run the Press off a AA generator and not need any extra imput. I was still getting excess in the generators so you might be able to do more then 4 semi fluids off the single press don't don't. Also I tested and you can pipe the AA oil into a vat and the Fluid Canning from IC2 so all we would need is for some really nice Dev to add recipes in for the crystalized oil and then the empowered oil although I didn't check to see if it would take Crystalized oil but I'm sure it will. I'll test that next time I'm on. :( plz... :( Devs...rofl.

UndeadMonkey9415

Jul 29, 2019
Will mods such as Ars Magica 2 reboot, Astral Sorcery, and Thaumcraft 6 be making the mod list? this pack seems a bit lacking in magic mod presences

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Cheat mode makes the whole point of survival moot...
If you are willing to go that far, you might as well comment out the lines changing the recipe in the CraftTweaker script manually. That'd break the concept of survival less.
One not everyone knows how top do that. Two by taking the mats from the org recipes and trashing them and then spawning in the one from cheat mode is still paying for the object. People do it all the times when a recipe has conflicts. It isn't like I'm saying to spawning in the objects for nothing and You still have to go through the quest to unlock the good stuff anyway so It really isn't a big thing. Also change the wrong thing in the script can be more dangerous to the pack as a whole.

UndeadMonkey9415

Jul 29, 2019
um Thaumcraft is still not released for 1.10.2 yet I know cause direwolf20 is adding it into his pack when he gets the ok that it is ready from the mod dev. as for all the others your used to from 1.7.10 packs not all were updated to 1.10.
You should try a mod called "The Betweenlands" if you liked Twilight. That mod is dead as far as I remember and the Betweenlands is a very closely spirited mod. It actually just recently got its 1.10 port too!

UndeadMonkey9415

Jul 29, 2019
One not everyone knows how top do that. Two by taking the mats from the org recipes and trashing them and then spawning in the one from cheat mode is still paying for the object. People do it all the times when a recipe has conflicts. It isn't like I'm saying to spawning in the objects for nothing and You still have to go through the quest to unlock the good stuff anyway so It really isn't a big thing. Also change the wrong thing in the script can be more dangerous to the pack as a whole.
NoMoreRecipeConflicts. Simple mod. Grand purpose.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Im a tad sad that Mekansim didn't make the cut (I know performance issues). The new TE does have Ore tripling with the pulverizer and ore quadrupling with the induction furnace. But I do miss all the other stuff with Mekansim and hope it gets a performance pass sometime as it does cause fps lag when the machines turn on and off quickly.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
You can already get times 4 ores using Ender IO and Darksteel. And you have AA armor so the only thing Mek brings anymore is good power gen and univer cables which I can do without anyway.

UrMagus

Jul 29, 2019
First off, everyone that's corrected me is right.

Now, I've been playing around with Beyond to find a nice world that I can make live for my friends, and I found something interesting. Basically,

DON'T PLANT NATURA REDWOOD SAPLINGS!

So I planted a 7x7 plot to get a redwood because in Infinity Lite, redwoods were not growing. well, the saplings started to spread - like within seconds. Before I new it, I had two redwoods right next to each other and about 300 saplings spreading out, with more appearing every 5 seconds or so. I went into creative and got horn of the wild and creative mana tablet, but I think if I had let it go, the redwoods would have taken over the continent.

Did someone mix the redwood algorithm with Mogwai DNA??

I'm now watching this happen in another throw away world. Fun!

Reactions: Pickypicky

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
First off, everyone that's corrected me is right.

Now, I've been playing around with Beyond to find a nice world that I can make live for my friends, and I found something interesting. Basically,

DON'T PLANT NATURA REDWOOD SAPLINGS!

So I planted a 7x7 plot to get a redwood because in Infinity Lite, redwoods were not growing. well, the saplings started to spread - like within seconds. Before I new it, I had two redwoods right next to each other and about 300 saplings spreading out, with more appearing every 5 seconds or so. I went into creative and got horn of the wild and creative mana tablet, but I think if I had let it go, the redwoods would have taken over the continent.

Did someone mix the redwood algorithm with Mogwai DNA??

I'm now watching this happen in another throw away world. Fun!

Cool! I haven't been able to get one to grow since 1.7.10! :D

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
My 0.02 on the Psi issue, bearing in mind my knowledge of the mod is very limited, is that I don't really see the harm in allowing OP crap early on in a kitchen sink pack. Putting things in a sensible progression order strikes me as more of a "Expert" mode change.

I'm inclined to agree that this pack should allow a user to explore the mod in its normal state rather than waiting till some later progression point.

I liked the way Bacon Donut put it on his livestream:

"How can something be called OP in a game with no rules?"... Then proceeded to say he's open to discussion about if his unbreakable Tinker's Shuriken is OP :D

S

scbish

A lava bucket in the TechReborn thermal generator immediately causes the game to crash and whenever I open the game and right click on the generator the game crashes. Do not do that.

Reactions: Pickypicky

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
A lava bucket in the TechReborn thermal generator immediately causes the game to crash and whenever I open the game and right click on the generator the game crashes. Do not do that.
does it do it with cans of lava or just the Bucket? Just wondering. Also if you use a tank from Ender IO you can have the tank use the bucket on the generator and see if it still crashes...I might be over thinking the problem though..rofl

T

Tetsuo Kin

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that the alabaster and basalt from environmental tech is missing, looking through the config files, says it generates between 200 and 44, then there's another part in the config that says

# Enables Generation of Alabaster between world heighs of: 44 and 200 [default: true]
B:genAlabaster=false

so basically it's not going to generate the blocks you need that actually makes that mod up.. pretty much making it useless..

Is this a known mistake that should have been rectified?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that the alabaster and basalt from environmental tech is missing, looking through the config files, says it generates between 200 and 44, then there's another part in the config that says

# Enables Generation of Alabaster between world heighs of: 44 and 200 [default: true]
B:genAlabaster=false

so basically it's not going to generate the blocks you need that actually makes that mod up.. pretty much making it useless..

Is this a known mistake that should have been rectified?
If its anything like Skyfactory, you're supposed to build the Void Resource Miner and use that to get things like Alabaster, Basalt and Mica; for creating the digital guide is there not also a hardened stone or something like that you can make? If memory serves, you can use alabaster, basalt or a third material that can be crafted.

Bhaaltazar

Jul 29, 2019
Why adding Psi in the first place, if you nerf it to the point of being kind off useless until you reach the end game. Better to just leave it out of the pack if you don't like it. On the other TiC tools with leveling - thats not OP? I mean many mods can be OP if you play them right anyway, I don't see the need to nerf them like this and make it more "challenging".

Z

z3rocool

I appreciate the work to put this mod pack together.

But if you want an honest opinion this pack feels like it's lacking all that FTB represents.

Beyond feels like its missing a lot. It feels very Vanilla, it feels rather boring, it feels like its missing to many mods that most people love.

This should not have been the mod pack that represents FTB at this time, it's simply not worthy of it.

Infinity is far more superior than this pack

Crackpack was a pack that was slept on

But Beyond is total rubbish compared to the predecessors.

Sorry but this is the spoken truth someone had to say it. Sure the fanboy hate will follow this comment.

Reactions: iTpyn

CraveMode

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand your opinion, I think you are talking about Infinty and Crackpack that is on an older version of Minecraft (1.7.10) that has a lot more mods available. FTB Beyond is on Minecraft 1.10.2 that has a lot more than most other packs on that Minecraft version, it has what FTB brings to the table and that is a well tested, put together pack of what they have to work with.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate the work to put this mod pack together.

But if you want an honest opinion this pack feels like it's lacking all that FTB represents.

Beyond feels like its missing a lot. It feels very Vanilla, it feels rather boring, it feels like its missing to many mods that most people love.

This should not have been the mod pack that represents FTB at this time, it's simply not worthy of it.

Infinity is far more superior than this pack

Crackpack was a pack that was slept on

But Beyond is total rubbish compared to the predecessors.

Sorry but this is the spoken truth someone had to say it. Sure the fanboy hate will follow this comment.

Not Fanboy hate, I think that a certain level of critic is always helpfull for other so they can imporve, but then it should be constructive.

You could name for example those mods that are so important for you and are missing. Lots of them surly were already disussed in the last 6 pages more then once but nvm.

After this take in mind that 1.7 had a great time were lots of new mods and ideas came out. 1.10 are mostly transitions of the old 1.7 content with some adjustments and as well some new ideas but less then in 1.7.
+ I think 1.7 is were the comunity did grow a lot. I thing back to 1.4 times and there was much less content.

So maybe that it feels "vanilla" is just the fact that you are already used to all the 1.7 content.

For me personally I miss Thaumcraft a lot.. but this is not a FTB problem.

Reactions: CraveMode