[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
If you can get back in, hop into creative and destroy that drawer. I had that happen and destroying the offending drawer fixed it for me.

Sadly the world will not load at all anymore. It loaded once after the first hard boot, and after the second hard boot is when i was finally able to get a crash report because Minecraft would crash instead of rebooting the computer while trying to load the save.

Honestly losing worlds does not bother me all that much. Every time thru i learn new ways of doing things, or better setup's early game to make the mid/end game go easier. I was just really enjoying that world, that said tho, my new world has a hungry node about 100 meters from my spawn. It has been rather fun watching it "grow" lol. I did notice something tho, seems if you put water down around it, it slows/stops the ability of it to eat the terrain around it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
my new world has a hungry node about 100 meters from my spawn. It has been rather fun watching it "grow" lol. I did notice something tho, seems if you put water down around it, it slows/stops the ability of it to eat the terrain around it.

*considers flooding the basin under my own hungry node...*

Stuwik

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, loving the pack so far! However, I've recently been trying to add the Sphax resource pack to no avail. It crashes after trying to load, both when combining the vanilla pack with the regrowth pack and when loading them separately. It does not crash if I add just one of them, weirdly enough.
I'm running OSX and have allocated 4gigs of ram to ftb, Java is version 7. Anyone got a clue how I can get it working?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Can you get a crash log? Some of the folks here are good at making heads and tails of those. Also, not quite clear on what you mean by this:

It crashes after trying to load, both when combining the vanilla pack with the regrowth pack and when loading them separately. It does not crash if I add just one of them, weirdly enough.

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't changed fish breeding combinations at all. The only thing changed to do with fish is making it so you can get any fish from any biome.
Well I apologize. I rechecked the 2 breeding charts that I have found(on a Mariculture forum, I think a ftb one) and the one that OniyaMCD linked and they are the same, but the fish combinations needed to breed in respect to the chart don't match. I am thinking that Josie's chart is out of date, and/or what OniyaMCD said about Josie having some troubles with his fish :( I hope its just that chart needing a update(besides the broken Whitemargin Stargazers and Perch)

I breed Dragonfish with Neon Tetras for the Hardworking/15 water needed, then with Cod for Salt Tolerance 2, I plan on breeding with Boneless fish so I have a Hardworking, Salt Tolerant 2, 15 water, 0 food usage needing Dragonfish

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I am thinking that Josie's chart is out of date, and/or what OniyaMCD said about Josie having some troubles with his fish :( I hope its just that chart needing a update(besides the broken Whitemargin Stargazers and Perch)

To be honest, finding stuff about Mariculture that isn't in the mod-provided books is hit or miss. This is the first pack that I've ever really explored that mod in, and I find it quite frustrating at times. I found the chart confusing (especially as it leaves out the male/female specifications) and made a spreadsheet from the NEI data instead. With the other differences that you've pointed out, I'm suspecting that the update that 'broke' the Stargazer may have been a revamping/rebalancing of the breeding tree.

Reactions: thephoenixlodge

Stuwik

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get a crash log? Some of the folks here are good at making heads and tails of those. Also, not quite clear on what you mean by this:

Sure! It's just that I have never provided a crash log before, so how do I best go about doing that? I know where to find them on my comp, just not how to show them here. And what I meant was that i tried both unpacking the resource packs (vanilla and regrowth) to combine them into a single zip file, and just adding them separately as two layers of resource packs.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Sure! It's just that I have never provided a crash log before, so how do I best go about doing that? I know where to find them on my comp, just not how to show them here. And what I meant was that i tried both unpacking the resource packs (vanilla and regrowth) to combine them into a single zip file, and just adding them separately as two layers of resource packs.

A lot of people will upload them to pastebin.com and post the link here, and I think that's preferred, but I have also seen them put into spoilers.

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, finding stuff about Mariculture that isn't in the mod-provided books is hit or miss. This is the first pack that I've ever really explored that mod in, and I find it quite frustrating at times. I found the chart confusing (especially as it leaves out the male/female specifications) and made a spreadsheet from the NEI data instead. With the other differences that you've pointed out, I'm suspecting that the update that 'broke' the Stargazer may have been a revamping/rebalancing of the breeding tree.
I don't think it matters if it is a "specific" male or female, just one male and one female and then split between the 2 species needed to get the new crossbreed.

On a side Note I have breed Dragonfish(Purebred, not a Dragonfish-[insert random fish]) with:
Lifespan 72,000 (for a longer life to have more chances within the lifetime of making that dragon egg)
Fertility 10 (With this low fertility the egg will only produce 1 male and 1 female...that way I can automate the fish feeder with out it clogging up, and then I don't have to pay attention to the fish only check my chest to see what has been made [Ender Pearls, Raw Dragonfish, Ender Droplets, and DRAGON EGGS!!!] )
Productivity 2 (The highest, and hopefully gives me more chances at that .1% chance of a Dragon Egg... along with the other stuff lol)
Food Usage 0 (No Food Usage :) Love this, think I will cross breed that into every fish that I want "on farm")
Water Needed 15 (Beginner Sized Tank...Which will allow me to have them breeding compactly)
Salt Tolerance 2 (The highest tolerance, thus not having "salt water" limiting where I can breed and not Not having a tolerance taking up a Hyperkinetic Upgrade spot...Will breed that into as many fish as I again want "on farm")
Temperature Tolerance 100 (Having this means temperature wont limit me where ever I want to build a tank and breed/farm fishes and what they produce)(Wonder if I can breed them in the Nether? Going to find out and will post back here in a edit)
Areas (Up, Down, North, East, South, West) I honestly have no idea what they do, so I breed my Dragonfish Neutral 0 to all directions

Yeah I am going to crossbreed with a Boneless fish next and try to get the same stats, But I will probably save cutting the fertility down to 10 for last. Not having a fertile fish makes it hard to mass breed to get not only the preferred stats on that active but also on the inactive. Having the same stats in both columns or at the very least only minimal differences in both columns makes it a lot easier and less of a hassle/headache getting the stats you want while breeding out those that you don't. Also just rebreeding the best male and female with the stats you want while they aren't perfect with multiple rebreeds can breed out stats you don't want. It just takes time.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Areas (Up, Down, North, East, South, West) I honestly have no idea what they do, so I breed my Dragonfish Neutral 0 to all directions

I think that this refers to the fish's area of effect. For example, the Withering effect from the Blaasop or the Confusion effect from the Nightfish. I pretty much avoided that during my short stint of fish-breeding by running a path of Lily Pads out to where I had my Blaasop fish feeder set up. (Who needs a tank for Saline fish when you've got a bloody ocean?) It was quite amusing to see a Zombie fall victim to it one night as it tried to swim over to me.

Ramjak

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about the Regeneration droplet and the liquid it contains and what it can be used for.
I tried using a squeezer to squeeze the liquid out and that didn't work for any of the droplets, neither did trying to melt them in the Crucible furnace (however placing them in the far right slot in the center just juices the liquid out into the Crucible Furnaces internal tank and then can be pumped out into a external tank/machine for bottling/bucketing[maybe]) All of the droplets fluids can be extracted this way and piped out and tanked.

Regeneration Droplet. Besides the Mariculture stuff it can be used for it looks like it can be put into the crucible furnace from mariculture and out into life essence. Which is used for Blood Magic but I haven't ever used it nor have I gotten into it as of yet.

Another question Ill throw out there which I don't think it can be done but maybe someone has discovered a way to do it. Can the fact that certain fish can only be bred at night, can that be bred out? As far as I have seen it isn't a possibility because that requirement for breeding doesn't show up on the Fish Scanner(Fishalyzer)

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

SkiesAreRed

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thephoenixlodge,

First of all, I love your pack! I started playing this week and I love it already.
I am curious if I can update mods in your pack without breaking things.

To be more specific, I'd like to update botania and buildcraft, but I'm not sure if that would break your pack/modded recipes etc.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ryndi23

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to the mariculture fish stuff on the last page

Yes, that chart is not up to date
Stargazer and Perch don't have a mutation currently, because in the process of adding new fish he changed some mutations, new fish didn't work out that version, he forgot to put back the old mutation.
He knows about this, but because I was the only one to notice this in a span of five months and because he seems to be pretty close to finishing 1.3.0 of mariculture (where this is fixed) he kind of doesn't want to bother fixing it in the current version (which I find understandable)

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thephoenixlodge,

First of all, I love your pack! I started playing this week and I love it already.

To be more specific, I'd like to update botania and buildcraft, but I'm not sure if that would break your pack/modded recipes etc.

Thanks in advance!

If you upgrade just about any mod, you will have to update Forge, which will break many of the mods, so it's pretty much update everything, and deal with instability, or wait for the official update.

Reactions: SkiesAreRed

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
In regards to the mariculture fish stuff on the last page

Yes, that chart is not up to date
Stargazer and Perch don't have a mutation currently, because in the process of adding new fish he changed some mutations, new fish didn't work out that version, he forgot to put back the old mutation.
He knows about this, but because I was the only one to notice this in a span of five months and because he seems to be pretty close to finishing 1.3.0 of mariculture (where this is fixed) he kind of doesn't want to bother fixing it in the current version (which I find understandable)

Definitely understandable. Retro-fixing something which has been out for a while is a real bear.

It's a complicated tree as it is, and I'm not surprised that testing might have missed the bug for that long.

Reactions: Ramjak

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thephoenixlodge,

Thanks in advance!

You can update Botania, but updating BC to BC7 will break the quest book.