What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
@Skyqula you just made me have an interesting though. What if everything was given a price, say in IC2 industrial tokens or emeralds, something like that, and as the prevalence in the average number of that item in each player's inventory and all chests of any item increased, then its value would slowly go down. It would be like a stocks system, for minecraft. And it would be epic.
I want it now XD
this would be really cool and would provide server owners with an actual system for pricing
It would also make the goal not to automate everything, but to make money :)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I care about them. Its just your cost argument that I disagree with.

I gues my argument is realy that: In a server environment, where a chunkloader is always active, the power of a chunkloader is decided by the amount of automation one has. To the point where a single loaded chunk becomes the most powerfull thing to have(16x16x256 is a huge area). So powerfull that its impossible to put a balanced price tag on it. It would be huge, not even close to 160 RF/t or a few diamonds/gold. Its like the inverse of iron/enderpearls. In the beginning iron and enderpearls have a value because they are hard to get. But once you have a iron golem farm/Enderman farm in the end, the value of iron/enderpearls is gone. A chunkloader does the oposit, in the beginning a chunkloader isnt annything special, but once you have alot of automation it becomes the be all end all block of your base... For a very small 160 RF/t.

Dont get me wrong though, anny type of performance improvement is a plus. Bringing that as your argument to cheer for it I can understand and will happely make me cheer along with you :)

This is why I second the idea of hoping this loader can be used as a personal anchor only.

The idea of machines continuing to run because it doesn't make sense for them to stop when I leave makes think of the other view: why would the world continue running while I blink out of existence for... Well over night in real time is 16 minecraft days? To me it makes more sense that the machines stop when I cease to exist. Just like in Ssp.

Either way chunkloaders are fine, not saying they are bad, I just hope it has a feature to only work while a player is online.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I second the idea of hoping this loader can be used as a personal anchor only.

The idea of machines continuing to run because it doesn't make sense for them to stop when I leave makes think of the other view: why would the world continue running while I blink out of existence for... Well over night in real time is 16 minecraft days? To me it makes more sense that the machines stop when I cease to exist. Just like in Ssp.

Either way chunkloaders are fine, not saying they are bad, I just hope it has a feature to only work while a player is online.
I see your point but in SSP the machines cease to exist when you turn the game off too. But thats all academic really, the fact of the matter is that servers only have limited resources so it is probably better to devote them to players that are actually online (at least for large servers).

One of my favourite things about MFR machines is that most (perhaps all?) of them have very predictable redstone control. A high signal suppresses MFR machines. For obvious reasons you couldn't remotely turn on/off chunkloaders but it would be better than nothing if the loaders didn't stop working automatically when the player was offline.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I see your point but in SSP the machines cease to exist when you turn the game off too. But thats all academic really, the fact of the matter is that servers only have limited resources so it is probably better to devote them to players that are actually online (at least for large servers).

One of my favourite things about MFR machines is that most (perhaps all?) of them have very predictable redstone control. A high signal suppresses MFR machines. For obvious reasons you couldn't remotely turn on/off chunkloaders but it would be better than nothing if the loaders didn't stop working automatically when the player was offline.
Ahh with a player detector? That's awesome thank you I never thought of that.

Edit ok maybe that was not what you meant

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Am I the only one who kind of hopes most modders won't move over to 1.7 too quickly? It'd be nice to have 1.6 be a stable version for a while, since not many of the vanilla 1.7 features matter to me. Applied Energistics 2 being 1.7 (iirc) does entice me though...

Eh, it hardly matters at this point. Most 1.6x mods can be counted as stable and a lot of modders have stopped adding stuff to their mods beyond bug fixes, so even if all the modders move over we haven't lost anything. The 1.6 scene is rock solid and mostly bug free, or at least as bug free as Minecraft gets anyway. Perfectly fine platform to play on for the next 6 to 8 months before we get enough stable 1.7 mods to make a pack.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I want it now XD
this would be really cool and would provide server owners with an actual system for pricing
It would also make the goal not to automate everything, but to make money :)
It'd be interesting to see, as it would mean that the first few players on a server would have it pretty hard, but then as more and more players played, it would get cheaper and cheaper.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not totally sure it was today, or yesterday, or when at all, honestly, but Forbidden Magic recently got it's third cross-mod compatibility wand core, this time the Witchwood Wand for AM2 users to power your Thamaturgy with your AM2 Mana, as well as some bugfixes and assorted goodies such as wand caps.

Hrm, I need to get a hold of fox...

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
He usually hangs around in #bloodmagic and #vazkii on espernet :p

And unrelated, i added a Chlorophyll Crystal that can be used in furnaces and such, you can literally run a boiler off of the life essence of plants \o/

I don't IRC :p I'll message him on MCF when I get home from work in 10 hours :p if it's stable, I would like to add it to Horizons on Mondays update with the other things I'm adding.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who kind of hopes most modders won't move over to 1.7 too quickly? It'd be nice to have 1.6 be a stable version for a while, since not many of the vanilla 1.7 features matter to me. Applied Energistics 2 being 1.7 (iirc) does entice me though...

Nerpaderp. 1.7 apparently removed the need for item IDs so I can't wait to put together my own pack and not have to worry about IDs. They are the worst!

Reactions: PierceSG

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019

And unrelated, i added a Chlorophyll Crystal that can be used in furnaces and such, you can literally run a boiler off of the life essence of plants \o/

Oh... my... god... that is epic.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

Oh neat. How do you fill it up?