What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Anchor setinels work by being placed horizontally from the anchor right? And how much range does it add to the chunk loader?
That depends on how far you place it from the anchor. The maximum distance from the anchor that it can be is 9 chunks

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. Because I've been thinking of switching to railcraft anchors(and the MFR ones once a version of monster with it comes out), ever since ChickenChunks failed in its job to load my AE...

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
Something new coming to MFR:

2014-02-07_06.16.11.png

2014-02-07_06.16.14.png

2014-02-07_06.16.16.png

Its a server friendly chunkloader. It require 16MJ/160RF per chunk loaded and has an optional fuel tank to make it more efficient. As everything in MFR the power cost is configurable. But I think it should be interesting for server owners since a player would have to feed it power to keep their chunks loaded.
uTLlvvJ.gif

KDZw5dG.gif

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Anchor setinels work by being placed horizontally from the anchor right? And how much range does it add to the chunk loader?
That depends on how far you place it from the anchor. The maximum distance from the anchor that it can be is 9 chunks
Note though that when you use Anchor Sentinels the chunk loader loads all chunks in direct line to the anchor. not 3x3 anymore:
Default Anchor (A: Anchor, X:Loaded chunks, U: Unloaded chunks)
Code:
UUUUU
UXXXU
UXAXU
UXXXU
UUUUU
With Sentinel (A: Anchor, X:Loaded chunks, U: Unloaded chunks, S: Sentinel)
Code:
UUUUUUUUUUU
UAXXXXXXXSU
UUUUUUUUUUU
This behaviour makes it possible to only load one chunk if wanted by placing the anchor and the sentinel in the same chunk.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Note though that when you use Anchor Sentinels the chunk loader loads all chunks in direct line to the anchor. not 3x3 anymore
The World Anchor, Admin Anchor, and Personal Anchor all load in 3x3's, the Sentinel just adds a line of max=9 chunks to load. Unfortunately you can only have one Sentinel/Anchor.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
The World Anchor, Admin Anchor, and Personal Anchor all load in 3x3's, the Sentinel just adds a line of max=9 chunks to load. Unfortunately you can only have one Sentinel/Anchor.
Yes but only on their own do they load 3x3. If you link them with a Sentinel they no longer do. It changes to a max 9x1 ;)

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: That's lame

Well yes and no, if you have a line of say Power Conduits from what ever mod that uses any form of energy mechanic. You do not need to load everything around it if you only plan to power something like 27 blocks away. You just load the singular area. I think I remember that from a DW20 episode... like season 4 or something I believe.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes and no, if you have a line of say Power Conduits from what ever mod that uses any form of energy mechanic. You do not need to load everything around it if you only plan to power something like 27 blocks away. You just load the singular area. I think I remember that from a DW20 episode... like season 4 or something I believe.
Yeah I know, but it was just a let down, and it resulted in my edit summary on the Anchor Sentinel page on the wiki to be "Lath is a dream killer." :p

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
In the end, if you have both MFR's new chunk loader and ChickenChunks or Dimensional Anchors in a pack as they are now, people will obviously use the ones that doesn't cost energy to run. So maybe someone should tell ChickenBones or immibis to add a config option to nerf their loaders, if you want to give someone a reason to use alternatives other than server friendliness (because most people don't care at all about that).
I'm happy with this though, as I don't have any form of chunk loading in my poor guy's pack in order to try slimming it down.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
In the end, if you have both MFR's new chunk loader and ChickenChunks or Dimensional Anchors in a pack as they are now, people will obviously use the ones that doesn't cost energy to run. So maybe someone should tell ChickenBones or immibis to add a config option to nerf their loaders, if you want to give someone a reason to use alternatives other than server friendliness (because most people don't care at all about that).
I'm happy with this though, as I don't have any form of chunk loading in my poor guy's pack in order to try slimming it down.
Immibis' Dimensional Anchor already has an option which makes them use fuel as a requirement. AFAIK only CB ChickenChunks doesn't have that yet.

squirrel_killer

Jul 29, 2019
The new loader doesn't really seem all that imposing, in any pack I play that cost is rather trivial by the time I start actually needing chunk loaders, because lets face facts, until you run a quarry or something constantly chunk loaders are unneeded. I am happy to see this server friendly option however, the anchors from RailCraft are not really all that great. I would like to see it work like the loaders from ancient warfare however, letting you pick which chunks in particular you need loaded.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Something new coming to MFR:

2014-02-07_06.16.11.png

2014-02-07_06.16.14.png

2014-02-07_06.16.16.png

Its a server friendly chunkloader. It require 16MJ/160RF per chunk loaded and has an optional fuel tank to make it more efficient. As everything in MFR the power cost is configurable. But I think it should be interesting for server owners since a player would have to feed it power to keep their chunks loaded.

Oh, a chunloader! The single most overpowered item one can have in a server environment. In a mod that makes gathering all the things possible and fully automated. And soon we can do all of that inside a single chunk for a mere 160RF while producing over 10k RF in that same chunk. Doesnt impress me TBH.... Well, I gues you could bump the powercost by 5000%.

Reactions: zorn

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
15 pages of exciting new mod news and most of the discussion seems to be around chunkloaders lately. The ftb community is funny sometimes

not complaining btw. The community cares about what the community cares about, and the thread is still interesting

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, a chunloader! The single most overpowered item one can have in a server environment. In a mod that makes gathering all the things possible and fully automated. And soon we can do all of that inside a single chunk for a mere 160RF while producing over 10k RF in that same chunk. Doesnt impress me TBH.... Well, I gues you could bump the powercost by 5000%.

160RF/t ..... each chunk loaded will take a 2 dedicated dynamos to keep loaded. Yes once you have a full power system going it'll be easier. However that is still better then "hey grab some gold and a diamond and free infinite chunk loading." It also so far in testing does not have the bugs several of the other chunkloaders have had. If you don't use any chunkloaders then I can understand why it doesn't matter to you. But for a lot of people who want a stable chunkloader with some cost attached its a good thing.