What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Patreon is a site where you can donate a set amount of money to a person per month. Its a step in the right direction because modders using it can get more income from it then from sites like ad.fly, and the users can donate money directly! The person can also post info on their project, rewards, a video, and personal info. And the site can be used by more then just modders too!

We have to be careful tho. White tape from Mojang on code and such. So I will leave it at that, no need for a debated shit storm. :)

[Edit] - I have read slow's post and looked into it more, I object my previous statement.

@Vazkii, your other mod needs to get some more hype on this thread :) link some videos if you have any yet. I would love to see what you have in store :3

Last edited:

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
We have to be careful tho. White tape from Mojang on code and such. So I will leave it at that, no need for a debated shit storm. :)

[Edit] - I have read slow's post and looked into it more, I object my previous statement.

@Vazkii, your other mod needs to get some more hype on this thread :) link some videos if you have any yet. I would love to see what you have in store :3
I really like the Patreon system, now I have a easy way to show my appreciations to modders like ProfMobius, RWTema, Vazkii, etc.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
as other people are starting to pitch in with posting updated in this topic, the updates from me will ofcourse get smaller
but that's not a bad thing, as you all will get information about updates faster :D

firstly, @Vazkii posted another sneak peak for Botania, it's really starting to look awesome

Vazkii said:

next up, a new mod on the minecraftforum called Custom Steve
it's not exactly your standard mod, but I thought I'd share it anyways as some of you might really like it ;)

mimg11 said:
CustomSteve is a mod which enables you to change the model of Steve in Minecraft. Which differentiates it from other mods is that it can import models of industry standard into Minecraft,which may

The current version is developed by ici2cc(@mimg11)and his assistant szszss and ethernion(@ethern). It is the first mod we developed this year, hope you guys will enjoy it.

Gameplay Demonstration:
sRNy5j0.jpg

CVQsPVg.png

Video:
[media]
Yaya
http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av884859/
Hakurei Reimu
http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av879346/
Miku
http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av836763/

Hints on performance:
OS at least Windows 7 (not yet support the linux or mac os.)
64bits JRE(32bits only works with Miku model)
API Requirement:Render Player API

Installation:
Download link: http://adf.ly/d0egS
Three Packages are needed during the installation.
1.CustomSteve***-Beta.jar (Necessary)
2.CustomSteve***-Resources.zip (Necessary)
First step:
Find the location of .minecraft folder
AovJymV.jpg

Second step:
Put CustomSteve***-Beta.jar into .minecraft/mods
DDTLLaI.jpg

Third step:
Extract CustomSteve***-Resources.zip to the root directory of Minecraft(which is at the same level as .minecraft)
yeUT7v4.jpg

(*** is the version of the mod. e.g 162)

Email:[email protected]
twitter:[twitter]ici2cc[/twitter]
[twitterbtn]ici2cc[/twitterbtn]
Paypal Donation:

Replacing models:
open CustomSteve/CS.txt,replace "Miku" with "yaya" or "Flandre"

Customization:
Currently our mod support model files of pmd format,and action files of vmd format.
Only texture files of png or bmp format are supported.
If texture files of tga format are detected in original files, they will be converted into png format.
You can transplant weapon (a square and a skeleton) included in my models to your models, then your models will have a weapon in hand
smile.png

model files are located in CustomSteve\models
texture files are located in .minecraft\assets\textures
*Caution*We are not responsible for any damage caused to your models during customization!

Reminders
Please respect model authors, do not modify their works arbitrarily.
Your can record your gameplay and upload your video anywhere (e.g. bilibili,acfun,youtube,youku,tudou,sinavideo,niconico).
Repost are permitted, but please recommend readers to use our adfly link to download the mod, and provide the link to the original thread
Commercial use of this mod is forbidden.
We are not responsible to any possible damage caused by this mod, please backup your client in advance.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Something new coming to MFR:

2014-02-07_06.16.11.png

2014-02-07_06.16.14.png

2014-02-07_06.16.16.png

Its a server friendly chunkloader. It require 16MJ/160RF per chunk loaded and has an optional fuel tank to make it more efficient. As everything in MFR the power cost is configurable. But I think it should be interesting for server owners since a player would have to feed it power to keep their chunks loaded.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

2014-02-07_06.16.11.png

2014-02-07_06.16.14.png

2014-02-07_06.16.16.png

Its a server friendly chunkloader. It require 16MJ/160RF per chunk loaded and has an optional fuel tank to make it more efficient. As everything in MFR the power cost is configurable. But I think it should be interesting for server owners since a player would have to feed it power to keep their chunks loaded.

Oh, no upgrades? Just the -/+ gui. So disappointed in sky...

(not really. Very happy he's doing this!)

++

Reactions: PierceSG

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Very nice. A technical chunkloader that's beyond "pure magic" of the existing options. Using that just for chunkloading would really change builds and players approach to using them.

Energy draw seems high for defaults. You'd need some insane power generation for any decent radius.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice. A technical chunkloader that's beyond "pure magic" of the existing options. Using that just for chunkloading would really change builds and players approach to using them.

Energy draw seems high for defaults. You'd need some insane power generation for any decent radius.

That's the point, I believe.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019

2014-02-07_06.16.11.png

2014-02-07_06.16.14.png

2014-02-07_06.16.16.png

Wow. Much awesome. So server friendly. Can't wait. Such wow.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

2014-02-07_06.16.11.png

2014-02-07_06.16.14.png

2014-02-07_06.16.16.png

u6ibk7S.gif

I like, I like alot

iwGuwfR.gif

Oh, no upgrades? Just the -/+ gui. So disappointed in sky...

(not really. Very happy he's doing this!)

++

exactly that was something that crossed my mind... seeing as those radius upgrades should all be large enough to cover an area you want to chunkload. perhaps make it so with each radius upgrade you're still allowed to size the radius down. or perhaps let them function as some sort of efficiency upgrade

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually joking. Maybe I should have added a Kappa...

I'm just happy to see a chunkloader that requires power.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I was actually joking. Maybe I should have added a Kappa...

I'm just happy to see a chunkloader that requires power.

I'm happy to see a chunkloader that has a power cost to use, but has a power cost you can actually afford.
the thing with railcraft world anchors is it's nice that they have a power cost, but you either drown in pearls or you can just scrape enough ender pearls through nights of fighting for just 1 anchor.

but I know you were joking. it's just that I always hoped that the upgrades from MFR could have some more uses... it's a bit silly to have so many upgrades just for a change in radius... would be nice if some of these upgrades could be used for something else aswell

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
People tend to forget the Personal anchor from Railcraft and there is an addon for IC2 as well which draws power: Network Anchor
Oh and the Dimensional Anchor from @immibis which got a fuel consumption option as well.
I have to agree that it is one of the few chunk loaders not inspired by magic stuff though.

But saying there are not many server friendly loaders out there is plain wrong.

Last edited: