What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying it's bad or good, I'm just asking, is it right to try and do one better than other mods?
Probably not, but you have to make it somewhat different from the original invention as well as making sure it fulfills a niche that was not available with the original invention. Also, it would be a somewhat good idea to contact the original inventor as Zein here has done so. In these respects, the new Extra Utilities quarry would be good, as it causes less lag, takes longer to set-up, and requires ender pearls as is the theme with all Extra Utilities systems.

Last edited:

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying it's bad or good, I'm just asking, is it right to try and do one better than other mods?
Many people are being inspired by other peoples ideas in modded minecraft. I think this is a good thing and I think it is right because, in my opinion, the modded minecraft experience across a variety of mod packs has been getting better since 1.4 when I started. I can also see where some modders may have been inspired when making their 1.5 or 1.6 mods from earlier mods, and all the while mods like buildcraft are still managing to maintain a loyal fanbase. Its almost as if there are no losers in this arrangement.

EvilSquid33

Jul 29, 2019
i am having some trouble with my launcher. this is a little off topic but if anyone can help id apprciate it

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not, but you have to make it somewhat different from the original invention as well as making sure it fulfills a niche that was not available with the original invention. Also, it would be a somewhat good idea to contact the original inventor as Zein here has done so. In these respects, the new Extra Utilities pump would be good, as it causes less lag, takes longer to set-up, and requires ender pearls as is the theme with all Extra Utilities systems.

And to better add to this. I was doing it out of respect for the mod developers. I know that "Necromancy" was not developed by them, however they have tried to make a mod around it. If Mod Devs show this respect and the community would reflect even a fraction of this respect. We would avoid several arguments and childish debacles.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Probably not, but you have to make it somewhat different from the original invention as well as making sure it fulfills a niche that was not available with the original invention. Also, it would be a somewhat good idea to contact the original inventor as Zein here has done so. In these respects, the new Extra Utilities pump would be good, as it causes less lag, takes longer to set-up, and requires ender pearls as is the theme with all Extra Utilities systems.

Buildcraft is open source.

Most minecraft mods do not use truly "unique" ideas. I am happy there are more options. BC doesn't fit in every pack theme I do. Having a different automated mining option is useful. It isn't identical to the BC quarry and its certainly not the first time the quarry has inspired an automated mining machine. I can think of others that are much similar. I prefer this, as one of my main complaints with BC quarries is the giant holes in the ground. The bc one is still cheaper and bit easier to set up so I will probably use it in mining dimensions and keep the ender quarry for the over world where I don't want holes.

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
New spoilers from extra utilities

https://twitter.com/Extra_Utilities/status/431221251864944640/photo/1

What are they?

"At this point though, they're literally just a couple of pretty blocks without any tile entities or even simple block logic."

"I haven't quite decided what it's going to do but at the moment its basically a copy of BCs lasers/assembly table (for the more OP items)."

"I guess they'll generate EF (Ender Flux). A mysterious energy source needed to assemble the mythical ender quarry."

From RWteema's twitter.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you talking about the EU miner abilities you should look at the digital miner from Mekanism. That thing is a hundred times more configurable, and what many would consider OP in some cases. You can choose which ores you mine and ignore everything else, even using ore dictionary based filters. Then you can specify what block to use to fill in with. You can also set it to silk touch blocks. It lets you set the specific area it operates on within the config, and tells you how many blocks met its filter criteria so you know how long itl take to finish. You can also set the Y level range it focuses on. It also has upgrades to make it mine faster using the basic Mek speed upgrades.

Edit: Did I mention you can use it to renovate your base using the filters to find and replace blocks? Great for finding and replacing stone brick with randomized cracked/mossy stone brick.

Last edited:

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
One thing though, Ender quarry looks much better than Digital Miner

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk