What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps have the quarry have a set size, like how when you plunk down a normal BC quarry it's at a set size, unless you use landmarks.
Extra Utilities could then add their own kind of landmark, or allow an upgrade where you can change the size through the quarry block itself.

but I'd rather like it if the quarry would replace blocks with cobble instead of dirt, as usually ores are more like cobble then dirt

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
It's a simple way to mark an area. Plus, this will be far better than normal quarries, as it will make FAR less lag, and no gaping hole, just a lot of dirt. Which would become grass anyway.
But this just makes me think. Is it right for mod authors to try and do one better than each other? Don't get me wrong, it causes many better mods, but is it right to take action to make large aspects of a mod useless? If if unintentional?

Tho I do not think it is right, I think it is also a necessity in some aspects. If someone plans on using "mod a" but want something from "mod b" mod author "a" will need to make something that is similar to "mod b" to meet demand if any exists. Now to define demand, I mean people calmly asking or suggesting, but in mass showing a interest

I know this as a writer and a dungeon master and now as a modder, that the mind can become stagnate. So someone coming up with a fresh Add-on or similar device that may render a utility obsolete. Could fuel creativity in a mod author to progress new mechanics, blocks, and items. That were before out of concept due to a road block in the creative brain juices :)

There just needs to be respect and credit where credit is due, I feel. Before I even treaded down my mod's area, I found other Necromancy mods and messaged the authors telling them what I was doing and tired to be friends. This way no community uproar could happen and we could grow as mod devs.

Birello

Jul 29, 2019
If it would be as good as ender-thermonic pipe, yes please. Give me two

Ps Give me extra utilities tank please :p

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. This tank really doesn't work well with logistic pipes. The liquid suppliers only sees what amount is missing in the one block it's connected to but all fluid put into it is divided to all blocks on the same level so e.g. on a 3x3x3 tank only 1/9 of the requested fluid is in the adjacent block and the supplier now requests the remaining 8/9. From that amount again only 1/9 fills this block (8/81) for a total of 17/81. The remaining 64/81 are requested and so on. The tank actually never fills up.
Another thing is when you break the tanks. You end having tons of unstackable tank blocks with different filllevel each.

Brilliant is far off.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Nope. This tank really doesn't work well with logistic pipes. The liquid suppliers only sees what amount is missing in the one block it's connected to but all fluid put into it is divided to all blocks on the same level so e.g. on a 3x3x3 tank only 1/9 of the requested fluid is in the adjacent block and the supplier now requests the remaining 8/9. From that amount again only 1/9 fills this block (8/81) for a total of 17/81. The remaining 64/81 are requested and so on. The tank actually never fills up.
Another thing is when you break the tanks. You end having tons of unstackable tank blocks with different filllevel each.

Brilliant is far off.
Well, what you do it empty them into as few tanks as possible, which usually works fine.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Well when there's several ways to get steel, it isn't really that bad. And if you are at the point of logistics pipes, you probably have the resources for it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
little update today, it's more bees, yay! it's the mod Metallurgy Bees released by @Shadowclaimer

We've run some internal tests but now its time for some mass testing.

If you're interested in the addon and trying it out, you can find it at: https://t.co/27PkZiwXId

Information on the bee species and such can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pFeFk2aEtkdDBMbG14ZU95MEE&usp=drive_web#gid=6

(You can find info on the frames at the bottom on a different tab.)

The Hives require a pickaxe instead of a scoop, it uses a pickaxe level matching the ore of that type. You can find the hives sometimes replacing ore in the wildnerness.

If you run into any bugs/feedback feel free to post it here.

Thanks,

Shadowclaimer

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Most mods are designed to work as a standalone to add functionality or solve problems. I think it would be impossible to avoid overlap.

Heck, how many ways to power machines do we have now? =P

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Most mods are designed to work as a standalone to add functionality or solve problems. I think it would be impossible to avoid overlap.

Heck, how many ways to power machines do we have now? =P

Exactly one of the points I made in an earlier post :)