[Beta] Metallurgy Bees for Metallurgy/Forestry 1.6.4

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
We've run some internal tests but now its time for some mass testing.

If you're interested in the addon and trying it out, you can find it at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/133104981/jar/Metallurgy-Bees-1.6.4-0.1.2.jar

Information on the bee species and such can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pFeFk2aEtkdDBMbG14ZU95MEE&usp=drive_web#gid=6

(You can find info on the frames at the bottom on a different tab.)

The Hives require a pickaxe instead of a scoop, it uses a pickaxe level matching the ore of that type. You can find the hives sometimes replacing ore in the wildnerness.

If you run into any bugs/feedback feel free to post it here.

Thanks,

Shadowclaimer

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Wow - that's a lot of hives !

I'm assuming you had a good reason for having so many hives rather than achieving better hives through breeding (alone). For instance, Atlarus bees are Level 6, but dropped from a hive rather than bred. I'm assuming it has something to do with the huge number of metals in Metalurgy and trying to keep the breeding tree to a manageable depth.

I'm also not seeing the difference/benefit to upgrading from Rough to Reforged to Refined. Do they produce their respective combs more often (in greater quantities) ?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I meant, a scoop of a certain metal as a requirement to scoop up your bees wouldn't make much sense :).

As much sense as a pickaxe, I guess, and I'm not trying to take potshots at Shadowclaimer. Hats off to his hard work and for sharing his data with us.

From a gameplay enjoyment point of view, I can't argue with Shadowclaimer's approach. Given the number of metals in Metallurgy, tiering the higher metals would require either a *very* deep bee breeding tree, which would discourage people from breeding Metalurgy bees, or else requires something like what he chose to do - put in appropriately-tiered hive-harvesting requirements.

And, for tiered hive-harvesting, the pick probably makes the most sense. I would not want to make and carry around a special scoop, taking up space, just waiting to harvest the next bee hive, and then toss said scoop away and make another one for the next tier of hive.

Reactions: Padfoote

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I'd actually prefer something closer to the ExtraBees approach--you have to have a full block of a given metal beneath your apiary/alveary to breed the bee that produces said metal. Makes the tiering straightforward--if you don't have the capacity to mine and smelt that particular metal, you can't get the capacity to produce it via bees.

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually a system we considered Flipz down the line.

The issue is that as was said earlier on, simply breeding up doesn't really work out well with this many, we went with trees dedicated to each specific metal and as you step up each metal type's tiers (Rough-Refined-Reforged) the amount they produced goes up substantially. So simply finding an Adamantine Bee is great and all, but you won't get too much out of it unless you really work towards mixing it with major bee types. We din't want people skipping metal tiers.

Metal Scoops are planned, there's a system we're looking at doing.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I'd actually prefer something closer to the ExtraBees approach--you have to have a full block of a given metal beneath your apiary/alveary to breed the bee that produces said metal. Makes the tiering straightforward--if you don't have the capacity to mine and smelt that particular metal, you can't get the capacity to produce it via bees.

I like this system as well. It makes "sense" from a gameplay point of view and is not too onerous.

Shadowclaimer

Jul 29, 2019
I like this system as well. It makes "sense" from a gameplay point of view and is not too onerous.

We were going to see how the balance plays out but that's on the list of things we were going to do to up the difficulty if necessary.

I think we still need to tweak the production rates of each tier, at the moment the Rough are pretty high production for being right out of the gate.

Endress

Jul 29, 2019
Strangely, it is not loading in my custom modpack (about 174 mods in folder):
Pertinent information:
Metallurgy 3.3.2
KeithyUtils 1.2.16
Forestry 2.3.1.1

reignofpain

Jul 29, 2019
Strangely, it is not loading in my custom modpack (about 174 mods in folder):
Pertinent information:
Metallurgy 3.3.2
KeithyUtils 1.2.16
Forestry 2.3.1.1
I have the same exact problem, was just about to ask about it, I have the same mods installed, except i got around 250 modules :p

Reactions: Endress

blipadouzi

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into similar issues. For testing, I started with a completely fresh install with the latest Forge, Forestry, KeithyUtils, Metallurgy 3 and Metallurgy Bees.
The Bees mod was not loaded at all into the in-game Forge Mods list.

blipadouzi

Jul 29, 2019
The issue should be fixed, my build script stuffed up, same link should work

Sorry lc, but the recompiled version is giving errors

Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 06/02/14 9:06 AM
Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: rebelkeithy.mods.metallurgy.api.IOreInfo.getBlockHarvestLevel()I
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:156)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:705)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:249)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:509)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:808)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: rebelkeithy.mods.metallurgy.api.IOreInfo.getBlockHarvestLevel()I
    at elcon.mods.metallurgybees.MetallurgyBees.postInit(MetallurgyBees.java:190)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:545)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:201)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:181)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:112)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:704)
    ... 10 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
    Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
    Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 752359152 bytes (717 MB) / 1073741824 bytes (1024 MB) up to 3817865216 bytes (3641 MB)
    JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xms256M -Xmx4096M -XX:PermSize=256m
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v8.11 FML v6.4.49.965 Minecraft Forge 9.11.1.965 Feed The Beast Mod Pack 13 mods loaded, 13 mods active
    mcp{8.09} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    FML{6.4.49.965} [Forge Mod Loader] (minecraftforge-9.11.1.965.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Forge{9.11.1.965} [Minecraft Forge] (minecraftforge-9.11.1.965.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Forestry{2.3.1.0} [Forestry for Minecraft] (Forestry-A-2.3.1.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    KeithyUtils{1.2} [Keithy Utils] (KeithyUtils_1.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Metallurgy3Core{3.2.3} [Metallurgy 3 Core] (Metallurgy-1.6.4-3.3.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Metallurgy3Base{3.2.3} [Metallurgy 3 Base] (Metallurgy-1.6.4-3.3.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Metallurgy3Machines{3.2.3} [Metallurgy 3 Machines] (Metallurgy-1.6.4-3.3.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Metallurgy3Vanilla{3.2.3} [Metallurgy 3 Vanilla] (Metallurgy-1.6.4-3.3.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    MetallurgyBees{0.0.8} [Metallurgy Bees] (Metallurgy-Bees-1.6.4-0.0.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Errored
    ForgeMultipart{1.0.0.228} [Forge Multipart] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.228.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    McMultipart{1.0.0.228} [Minecraft Multipart Plugin] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.228.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    ForgeMicroblock{1.0.0.228} [Forge Microblocks] (ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.228.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized