What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
starting today of with an update for Dynamic Liquid Tanks by mod developer @WingsOfLife
this update removes quite alot of content, as WingsOfLife has decided to split the content over 2 mods.
Dynamic Liquid Tanks is still tank based, but alot of the potion part has been moved to his new upcoming mod Dynamic Potion Systems

WingsOfLife said:
v0.0.7
-[removed] Mystic Forest
-[removed] All crafting items except the Hammer, Iron Plates and Modules.
-[removed] Fluid Potions (now available via its brother mod, Dynamic Potion Systems)
-[removed] Generator and Omni-Power Fluid

-[feature] Open the GUI and hover over any of the fluid slots, you will now see the name of the fluid, the amount and the capacity that, that portion of the tank can hold.
-[feature] Place a chest next to the controller and place fluid containers in the chest, the controller will fill the items and drain in proportion to the amount the container can hold.

-[changed] Upgrade module crafting recipe.
-[changed] Upgrade Item crafting recipe.

next up, updates for Emasher's Resource, Engineer's Toolbox and Gascraft by @Emasher
I don't know what changed exactly, so I reposted the tweet Emasher posted on his twitter

Emasher said:
Updates for ER, ET, and GC are now out.

Bf_asfsCIAENJRA.png

and now, quite some updated for Enhanced Portals 3 by @Alz454
I forgot posting the changelog a few times, with the result of having 1 huge changelog now

Alz454 said:
3.0.0b5
Changed

[WIP] Major refactoring of certain parts of code.
You can now have multiple Dialling Devices and Network Interfaces in the same portal. Only really useful for having a dedicated interface for Computercraft integration, with a dedicated interface for user input. You can not have one of each, though.

Added

[Planned] Energy, Fluid & Item transport frame parts. Refactor required before this is possible.
The Dialling Device is locked in to the the destination’s UID when the portal is active, and cannot be changed until the connection has been terminated.
Added error message when you try and use a UID that’s already being used somewhere else. (Portal Controller)

3.0.0b4d
Fixed

Fixed GUI crash.

3.0.0b4c
Fixed

[Issue #66] Crash upon viewing a particle that was invalid.
Crash when right-clicking to reset the particle in the Texture GUI.
Will now correctly select the first element in the particle Texture GUI when right clicking, instead of setting it, but not showing.
[Issue #70] The DBS couldn’t be extended without breaking it first.
[Issue #67] Portal Controllers lost their UID when a frame next to them had been broken & replaced.
Diagonal portals should now render correctly.

Changed

[Issue #69] When right-clicking on a formed DBS with a DBS block in your hand, you will place it instead of opening the GUI.
[Issue #72] Location Cards will not get consumed while the player is in Creative.
Tweaked GUI elements.
RGB slider’s sliding part now stays confined to its background.
Colour tabs have been changed similar to how TE tabs work. Can be closed by clicking anywhere that does not have a black overlay on it.
Added

Added some basic portal effects for instability. The more transparent a portal is, the more unstable it is.

3.0.0b4b

Fixed

Shift-clicking should now correctly work in GUIs.
Fixed issue where portals would get stuck being active if you destroyed a block while it was active.
Fixed Portal Controller not taking a custom frame texture caused by previous connected texture fix.
Fixed Portal Controller staying the custom frame colour while the portal structure wasn’t formed.
Slight performance increase everywhere.
Fixed unusually high CPU/Memory usage while standing inside a portal block.
[Library] Heavily improved the GUI part of my library.
Fixed crash issue with Dartcraft bags on GUI screens that does not display the player’s inventory.

3.0.0b4

Fixed

Fixed issue where if you had a block above a horizontal portal, one of the portal blocks would move down every time you teleported to it.
Fixed ‘Use Alternate Glyphs’ config option.
Fixed Portal Controllers using Connected Textures when they shouldn’t be (not formed).
Fixed DBS texture not always updating to the connected variant.
Correctly disabled canUpdate on Tile Entities that don’t require updating.

and lastly, @RWTema was in quite a twitter mood yesterday, posting alot of new screenshots.
and there's probably 1 particular screenshot alot of us will like ;)

RWTema said:
I don't know if I ever mentioned this but in the next version you can automate ender-lilies with MFR.

Bf-lEw4CYAAHL4A.png

RWTema said:
A pleasant cursed earth mob spawner disabled by normal light sources, but...

Bf_XA4gCYAEzFXc.png

RWTema said:
... add a little fire ...

Bf_XLRbCIAA3-ui.png

RWTema said:
... fwoosh!

Bf_XTOjCYAATxbE.png

RWTema said:
Working on fulfilling another @Patreon goal.

BgAFB7RCMAAyovi.png

RWTema said:

RWTema said:
After messing with rendering code, I've decided to be self-indulgent and customize my avatar. I'm a ghost - ooohowhw!

BgAXk8xCQAAEipl.png

RWTema said:
Not only am I transparent but anything that bears my name will be too.

BgAoKw2CMAAgLSl.png

RWTema said:
and anything that bears @aureylian's name will be colored with a lovely shade of pink.

BgApOqbCUAAWHUh.png

and there's a new update for Bibliocraft by Nuchaz

Bibliocraft said:
V1.5.5-
*Added a few localizations
to blocks and items that were overlooked such as the typesetting table with the reading glasses.
*Tweaked block rotations on Tables. They had been rotated incorrectly since the last update.
*Fixed book lists in typesetting tables showing incorrectly if the book authors had an underscore in their name.
*Crash fixed with twilight forest maps on the Tables, Shelves, Display cases, and Labels.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Well the durability goes and you just charge it back up in the totem of draining :3

Sounds pretty awesome I like the idea. It would be cool if there was a way to have the totems charge it while it was in the furnace.

Just a thought, not meant for this thread haha but yep, :)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds pretty awesome I like the idea. It would be cool if there was a way to have the totems charge it while it was in the furnace.

Just a thought, not meant for this thread haha but yep, :)
I have vague plans for a totem which will allow you to charge chlorophyll crystals in inventories, like a 'power net' of some sorts.
Of course thats really hard to do :S
Anyways, lets not turn this into a totemic thread xD

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
RWTema made it so that you can automat---oh, Yusunoha beat me to it. But this is super awesome and will stop all the threads where people rage about automating Ender Lilies. Also, anybody know anything else about the Ender Quarries that RWTema has been making and when they're gonna be released? I'm kinda betting on them being the least laggy way to mine and can't wait for them.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, DW20 gave a sneakpeak into the new Thaumcraft research in his most recent video. Basically, there are different types of ways to research now: square and hexagon. The items to be researched in the Thaumonomicon are either of these two shapes, and you can click the square ones to obtain a research note on that object to be able to play the minigame on it. That way you don't need to guess what aspects make up an item, face impossible researches, and be frustrated. The hexagonal researches require you to have all/most (not clearly stated) of the square researches before you can click the hexagonal research to automatically obtain the completed research note. But clicking on the hexagonal research requires some highlighted research points.
tl;dr Less tedium and frustration. I guess Azanor got a lot of feedback and changed it to make it less tedious.

Reactions: Museli and Padfoote

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Ooh, DW20 gave a sneakpeak into the new Thaumcraft research in his most recent video. Basically, there are different types of ways to research now: square and hexagon. The items to be researched in the Thaumonomicon are either of these two shapes, and you can click the square ones to obtain a research note on that object to be able to play the minigame on it. That way you don't need to guess what aspects make up an item, face impossible researches, and be frustrated. The hexagonal researches require you to have all/most (not clearly stated) of the square researches before you can click the hexagonal research to automatically obtain the completed research note. But clicking on the hexagonal research requires some highlighted research points.
tl;dr Less tedium and frustration. I guess Azanor got a lot of feedback and changed it to make it less tedious.
I don;t know what the hell you're on about, but it sounds good. Could you link it?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
~next up, updates for Emasher's Resource, Engineer's Toolbox and Gascraft by @Emasher
I don't know what changed exactly, so I reposted the tweet Emasher posted on his twitter
~
I know what's changed(roughly)! You see three types of algae in that picture, one brownish dead one, one normal one, and ore greener, livery one. The dead one is in fact dead, and will despawn after a bit, and has been killed by some kind of herbicide made with copper ingots and gunpowder in a Mixer(not much more of a clue how it works then that). The normal one is normal(You don't say!), and the more alive one is SUPER ALGAE! No need for lolcaps, but it is called that. Produces 3 times more hydrogen in a photobioreactor then normal algae and is now required to make Deadly Neurotoxin(sadface.jpeg). In addition, Nether Plasma now will smelt things it touches(cobble stone becomes smooth for instance), and both Nether Plasma and Corrosive Gas will eat your base if given a chance, literally breaking weak blocks to spread further. Nether Plasma, being freaking twice as hot as lava and a gas, tends to do a better job at this. Might want to be careful, fellow Dwarfs, with your Gas Traps, since these updates may make it a bit hard to not wreck your own bases, kill your people, and avoid a tantrum spiral. But still, since this is a cool mechanical update that may well make you lose, it MUST be fun!
EDIT: Oh yeah, actual info from his release post over on MCF.

EDITDuce: Oh right, almost forgot the important info on MAKING super algae! It needs special water, easily made with a portion of bonemeal and water in a mixer. Some kind of nutrient water or something.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I hope either direwolf soon makes a spotlight update on thaumcraft 4, or Azanor releasing some more information about the update, as I'm really interested in what has been added/changed to thaumcraft 4
though it would be nice if there was also a way to solve research without doing the minigame, perhaps a very expensive cost to do so, as some researches can be quite... challenging

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I hope either direwolf soon makes a spotlight update on thaumcraft 4, or Azanor releasing some more information about the update, as I'm really interested in what has been added/changed to thaumcraft 4
though it would be nice if there was also a way to solve research without doing the minigame, perhaps a very expensive cost to do so, as some researches can be quite... challenging

Personally I find it boring.

Reactions: RedBoss

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
first time is fun, second time is a bit meh, third time is boring, 4th time you think why you're even doing this, and 5th time... well, let's not discuss that one

I think I'd skip it by the 3rd time at the most, and just spawn the cheaty one from NEI. Anyone know if this applies to the learned aspects as well? Scanning is a bit of a chore too by the 3rd time.

Reactions: RedBoss

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'd skip it by the 3rd time at the most, and just spawn the cheaty one from NEI. Anyone know if this applies to the learned aspects as well? Scanning is a bit of a chore too by the 3rd time.

well, the aspects are registed in the thaumonomicon, but I'm not sure as the cheat thaumonimicon doesn't change the player's thaumonomicon... quickest way would be to test it in a test world