What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
I found it exciting the first time. I don't anymore, though I still feel the need to do it. I can understand where people come from when they complain about it's monotony and it's semi-broken "impossible" bug.

But that's no reason to just dismiss the entire mod. That's a very defeatist attitude that I just can't fathom.
The problem here is that the entire mod depends on research. You can't use the mod without having to do the time-consuming and now boring research every time you restart. It's an improvement over the previous version, but it's still annoying when you've done it several times already.

Reactions: RedBoss

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
A little bird was right Thaumcraft 4 can be put in modpacks freely now.
*squee*
tumblr_lus8dj6UkC1qzapjfo1_500.jpg

Reactions: PierceSG

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
4. If I every ask you to remove my mod from your pack, for whatever reason, you do so.

I don't like that clause. I really, really hate it in fact. Azanor has the power to destroy all major mod packs. Conditional permission is not permission.
How is a blanket to all "Yes, but I can take it away" worse than an extremely, extremely limited "Maybe, but I can take it away"? It may not be optimal, but it's a vast improvement. And I don't think he'd invoke that without very good reason. Az has a good rep. Doing that for a bad reason would only hurt him.