What's new in modded minecraft today?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
There needs to be an extremely expensive way of automating the destruction table. Maybe it could have storage for all the different kinds of essentia, then when it fills up you just click it and get the research points?

Reactions: Padfoote

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
not much news from me today except for the Advanced Genetics mod by @ObsiLP

ObsiLP said:
- [FIXED] Stew-Ability causes crashes
- [EDIT] Shears gets less damage by shearing animals
- [EDIT] Damage behaviour of Heal Crystal
- [FIXED] Death Enderchest issue
- [FIXED] Multiplayer ID-Missmatched issue
- [ADD] Genetic Bow
- [EDIT] Infinity-Ability requiers Genetic Bow
- [ADD] Option to decide wether Bosses can be cloned in the DNA Cloner
- [EDIT] Particle by destroying DNA Cloner
- [EDIT] DNA Insulator texture
- [ADD] Auto Scraper can have Auto-Output-Upgrade
- [FIXED] DNA Transmutator and Auto Scraper GUI-Issues

and our very own @Succubism has a new topic regarding Thaumcraft addons, listing all the addons created for Thaumcraft 4 called Doc Succubism's Thaumcraft 4 Addon Discussion Topic! (NOW WITH TEASERS)
be sure to keep an eye on the topic for any new updates ;)

OHHHH ANOTHER SUCCUBISM THREAD. YOU KNOW THAT THAT MEANS.

TACTICAL GIF.

71f726bd5d73ebd5714ca375025f4fe8-cat-walks-on-hind-legs-like-a-creepy-little-person.gif

SO. As some of you know I'm in a skype chat with the Thaumcraft Addon guys, where we bounce ideas off each other, play together and beta test each other's mod. I'm orchestrating this thread in the name of keeping people up to date with the growing amount of Thaumcraft Addons that keep popping up as well as show off some of the newest additions that you'll see in the coming editions of existing addons.

Feel free to chat and post your thoughts on the addons and you may even get some questions answered by the addon authors themselves. Beta Testers and results welcome!

Feel free to check out these butts on MCF

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I hope either direwolf soon makes a spotlight update on thaumcraft 4, or Azanor releasing some more information about the update, as I'm really interested in what has been added/changed to thaumcraft 4
though it would be nice if there was also a way to solve research without doing the minigame, perhaps a very expensive cost to do so, as some researches can be quite... challenging
Well, the things with the hexagons don't need the minigame anymore, just a click with a mouse and some research points. Of course, you need all the square researches done first...

DeadPillz

Jul 29, 2019
Waiting for the new Thaumcraft update before I add it to my personal modpack, it is sooooooo much easier, I hated having to have the luck to research certain things and having like 20 research notes of the same item. This thread has helped me a ton!

Ps, I'm a newbie into the mod packs, but over this past month I have learned so much and now I start to create ideas and make new automation, my only problem is about power, I always just have a random amount of dynamos or so, I never know how much power I'm using of it, I'd like to create an efficient system knowing how much power I need. (slightly off-topic but yo)

Reactions: Succubism

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Waiting for the new Thaumcraft update before I add it to my personal modpack, it is sooooooo much easier, I hated having to have the luck to research certain things and having like 20 research notes of the same item. This thread has helped me a ton!

Ps, I'm a newbie into the mod packs, but over this past month I have learned so much and now I start to create ideas and make new automation, my only problem is about power, I always just have a random amount of dynamos or so, I never know how much power I'm using of it, I'd like to create an efficient system knowing how much power I need. (slightly off-topic but yo)

ive been avoidin thaumcraft because the research isnt fun for me, what is this update youre talking about? Is research easier now?

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
It's such a shame people ignore a perfectly good mod because of one flawed mechanic.

I don't like going over a speed bump. Better avoid driving.

I believe the research mechanic that Azanor made was what made the mod exciting.

It was one of my favorite things, now with the tweaks to the mechanic it is even better.

I can only hope I can make a research mechanic that is as exciting and inventive.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the research mechanic that Azanor made was what made the mod exciting.

It was one of my favorite things, now with the tweaks to the mechanic it is even better.

I can only hope I can make a research mechanic that is as exciting and inventive.
I found it exciting the first time. I don't anymore, though I still feel the need to do it. I can understand where people come from when they complain about it's monotony and it's semi-broken "impossible" bug.

But that's no reason to just dismiss the entire mod. That's a very defeatist attitude that I just can't fathom.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
ive been avoidin thaumcraft because the research isnt fun for me, what is this update youre talking about? Is research easier now?
Look a page or so back to my post on the new research. :)

Calculate how much RF or whatever you need and each dynamo gives 80 RF each. Just reach that amount that you need. You can also use the Big Reactors mod. Needs a bit of investment, but is overall inexpensive and definitely worth the investment. Also keep in mind the energy needed for later like energy transported through Tesseracts for Quarries, and etc.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could put an energy cell between your power production and the consumers. If it's constantly dry you need more dynamos.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
let's start of with a teaser video for the awesome Thaumcraft 4.1 update coming up by @Azanor
Azanor said:

next up, a guide book for OpenBlocks by Mikeemoo
Mikeemoo said:
click

Yes yes, I'll leave. Soon! Hard to drag myself away.

I noticed recently that people haven't a clue how to use a lot of OpenBlocks stuff, or don't know they exist, because I'm too lazy to document things and maintain the website.

This guide book will hopefully go into the next versions, and people will start with it in their inventory. As you can see, it's not quite finished - there's some rendering left to fix.

Each page will also have a link to a YouTube video showing off the block or item in case the description isn't quite good enough.

Also planning a feature to drop 'changelog' books into peoples inventories whenever they upgrade the mod. I think it's really useful to give users changelogs so they know what's new, but the standard method of spamming chat seems quite annoying.

I'll probably move the majority of the code and assets across to OpenModsLib so that other mods can use it if they're using openmods for the core of their mod. The book also supports translations, as well as different video links per translation.

edit: spelling mistakes will also be fixed before release ;-)

and here's a little teaser from @dmillerw can you see what he's teasing? ;)
Just a little something I'm tinkering with...

click

next up, @RWTema with some information about an old 1.4.7 mod he made in the past called Luxcraft.

then there's a new mod topic on the FTB forums posted by @Flaxbeard for his mod Thaumic Exploration
This addon has been out a while but I decided to post it here because why not

ZekRzjh.png

Info
Thaumic Exploration is a WIP Thaumcraft 4 addon, with the goal of simply adding more balanced Thaumcraft content of the quality you would expect from Azanor himself. I will try as best I can to make my additions feel like they were part of Thaumcraft 4 itself. Although Thaumic Exploration is still a work in progress, it already boasts a ton of content. You can identify Thaumic Exploration research by looking for the [TX] tag.
As this is a WIP, please report bugs! I am open to suggestions.
Thaumic Exploration is open-source, and found on github.

Content
Thaumic Exploration currently contains six new blocks (two are remakes of Thaumcraft 2 blocks), one new wand rod, three new enchantments, four new usable items, and a few new transmutation recipes. Exact content can be found in the below spoiler.
Chest and Jar binding seals: The original inspiration of this addon, they are some of my favorite items from this addon. Use these seals on two or more chests, or two or more warded jars to link their inventories. No more messy infusion rooms! (See below media)

Brain Curing: You have finally found a way to cure zombie brains. They are used in the Think Tank and TC4's advanced golems.

Think Tank: Supply me with books, I produce research fragments, at a very slow rate.

Everfull Urn: Infinite water source. Use buckets, or cap it off with Buildcraft or Thermal Expansion pipes. Also fills nearby crucibles and puts out burning players.

Crucible of Souls: Slowly kills mobs for their precious essentia.

Amber Wand Core: A low-capacity, fast refilling wand core, perfect for smaller recipes.

Thaumic Replicator: Allows for replication of building blocks.

Boots of the Meteor: Allow for huge jumps and a slam attack.

Boots of the Comet: Really fast boots.

Wispy Dreamcatcher: Anti-taint device that lowers taint damage.

Talisman of Nourishment: Stores food and automatically heals you.
Videos/Images
Warning! Somewhat spoiler-ish!
A great mod spotlight by Danilus, the first part shows the original features in 0.3.0, the second part shows only the new features and changes from 0.4.3.
Pictures:
jsY4IGG.png
1pp0z7o.png

O3mZ6A8.png
yEyliAK.png

9ks8oKz.png
oUCNsNC.png
Changelog:
Code:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=7][SIZE=4][SIZE=7][SIZE=4][SIZE=7][SIZE=4]0.4.4
BUGFIX: Talisman of Nourishment works on SMP
BUGFIX: Think Tank works on SMP

BUGFIX: Stopped pointless printlns
BUGFIX: Fixed mana beans crashing the Talisman of Nourishment
BUGFIX: May have fixed rare seals issue

BUGFIX: Stopped Boots of the Comet from making WIP Skull Candles

BUGFIX: Talisman of Nourishment does not have durability bar when cheated in.
BUGFIX: Clicking on the Wispy Dreamcatcher in the thaumnomicon no longer crashes.

ADDITION: Boots of the Meteor
ADDITION: Boots of the Comet
ADDITION: Thaumic Replicator
ADDITION: Taint tab
ADDITION: Wispy Dreamcatcher
ADDITION: Talisman of Nourishment
ADDITION: Enchantment: Binding
ADDITION: Enchantment: Night Vision
ADDITION: Enchantment: Disarming
CHANGE: Crucible of Souls no longer draws mobs in
CHANGE: Seals now use the crucible to craft
BUGFIX: Crucible of Souls does not corrupt chunks
BUGFIX: Fixed server crashes
BUGFIX: Amber wand core now works as intended
Downloads:
Requires Thaumcraft 4.0.5B, Minecraft Forge9.11.1.964

If you are to use TX in your modpack, please PM me first. Please also provide proof that you were allowed to use Thaumcraft 4 by Azanor. I require no permission other than a notification.
Thaumic Exploration 0.4.4 Download
IMPORTANT: If using with Thaumic Tinkerer, ensure that you are using build 72 or above.

Older Versions:
Thaumic Exploration 0.4.3 Download
Thaumic Exploration 0.4.2 Download
Thaumic Exploration 0.4.1 Download
Thaumic Exploration 0.4.0 Download
Thaumic Exploration 0.3.0 Download

and another new update for JABBA by @ProfMobius
Jabba 1.1.1 : The Taelnia update
This update is a bit special in that it has been done by @Taelnia in a large commit. It introduces a few new upgrades (void and multistorage at once). Also fixes the creative tabs and finishes the localization @Taelnia started in 1.1.0.
Many thanks to him !

CHANGELOG

Jabba now has its own creative tab ! One place for everything and everything at its place.
Tooltips will show a small localizable description of the upgrades.
All strings are now localized
Void core upgrade : It will make the barrel accept things even full, but send them to oblivion when they enter it. It is a restrictive upgrade on the BSpace linking process (both barrels need it, can't add it/remove it post linking).
Quality of Life storage upgrades : Those are storage upgrades put together to make it easier to upgrade large barrels. Shapeless crafting, 3 of the previous tier.
The ender chest required for the BSpace upgrade is now handled by OreDict under the name "transdimBlock". If you are a modpack maker and want to add more recipes, just register your blocks under this handle !

If you enjoy my mods, you can become a patron here ! Many thanks !

Download it there

and lastly, @RWTema on another twitter frenzy ;)

RWTema said:
@JadedcatWylde Happy now?
click

RWTema said:
Sigh. Happy NOW?
click

RWTema said:
Evildoers beware! This base is now protected!
click

RWTema said:
4000 followers - yay!
click

RWTema said:
Also from Luxcraft - Player inventory chests. Allows you to remotely access the contents of a players inventory.
click

RWTema said:
You could power furnaces with the red energy.
click

RWTema said:
Use all kinds of energy in a synthesizer to make diamonds.
click

RWTema said:
but if the equation is unbalanced and the machine gets too much of one type of lux....
click

RWTema said:
An implementation of Langton's ant for some reason http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langton's_ant (the reason is probably 'I was bored')
click

RWTema said:
'Mob grinders'. At one point they dropped 'blood' instead or experience orbs.
click

RWTema said:
You know, the lux laser mechanic is way more fun and interesting than I remember.
click

RWTema said:
... so... colours...
click

RWTema said:

RWTema said:
It's a Stable Ingot PARTY!
click

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
small update today from @CrazyPants for EnderIO

CrazyPants said:
Just uploaded 0.8.0 for 1.6.2/4. Lots of updates in this release, including some significant changes to the internals of the conduits. These changes also resolve all the performance issues I am currently aware of. If you find any bugs or things still arn't running well please, please raise an issue on Github

Note than any existing fluid conduits will be upgraded 'in place' to the new pressurised conduits. These do behave differently to the standard conduits but it shouldn't effect the operation of mnany builds. The biggest change to watch for is that fluid conduits, by default, will now lose their fluid 'type' when the conduit is emptied, allowing another fluid into the network. To go back to the old 'locked' behaviour, right click with a full fluid container. To unlock, right click with an empty bucket.

There is also a new block, 'fused glass' (better name required). This is made by smelting sand in the alloy smelter. It is registered in the ore dictionary as glass and behaves much like any connected texture glass (such as clear glass from TiCon). This glass is used to make a slightly slower version of the orignal fluid conduits, making them useful early game. The texture used for the frame can be changed using painted 'fused quartz frames', and I have fixed the anoying 'missing corner'.

For a full list of changes, see: https://github.com/CrazyPants/EnderIO/blob/1.6.4/ReleaseNotes.txt