What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
The Energetic Infuser can output to a Bibliocraft armor stand.

Combining that with a hopper on top to dump the armor into for charging. :D

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
The Angel Wings can be placed into the Babbles armor slot

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The Energetic Infuser can output to a Bibliocraft armor stand.

Combining that with a hopper on top to dump the armor into for charging. :D
With some Itemducts and servos you could automate it completely to take the armour from the stand, charge it, and return it to the stand when fully charged. Made such a setup (with IC2E MFSUs however) earlier:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-20#post-785477
Also added a Random Things Player Interface to the build so it could recharge selected items directly from my inventory when on the go.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
With some Itemducts and servos you could automate it completely to take the armour from the stand, charge it, and return it to the stand when fully charged. Made such a setup (with IC2E MFSUs however) earlier:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-20#post-785477
Also added a Random Things Player Interface to the build so it could recharge selected items directly from my inventory when on the go.

Itemducts are missing from the version of TE I'm using. From what I understand, the mod maker is "rethinking them because they're too OP," which I disagree with, but it's not my mod. :p IMHO too many mods go in the direction of "loltastically expensive," "umpteen steps to make one," or "you have to build these 17 special machines first" ( or a combo of the three) if there's the slightest bit of complaint about it being OP. Not all of us want everything Gregtechized.

Lack of TE ducts is vaguely annoying, but Buildcraft now supports RF and no longer looses items on restart, so that's what I'm using. I'm still in early-ish game so Ender IO is a bit too expensive and I don't like the way Extra Utilites filters work (halt the whole plumbing system if a machine is full). I'll probably just keep using Buildcraft until I get an AE system going. Especially since oregen is . . . odd, and I'm getting more gold than iron, so gold pipes won't be a problem :D

Anyhow, ranting aside, the hopper seemed the most "elegant" solution without TE to move things back and forth.

Last edited:

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Itemducts are missing from the version of TE I'm using. From what I understand, the mod maker is "rethinking them because they're too OP," which I disagree with, but it's not my mod.
No, that's not the reason. If TE ducts were OP then what would the EnderIO conduits be?
They're remade because the old ones were bugged (disconnecting at chunk boundaries, thousands of items bumping around, bad performance with multiparts, ...), and they're not gonna be in Thermal Expansion but in a new mod called Thermal Dynamics.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
No, that's not the reason. If TE ducts were OP then what would the EnderIO conduits be?
They're remade because the old ones were bugged (disconnecting at chunk boundaries, thousands of items bumping around, bad performance with multiparts, ...), and they're not gonna be in Thermal Expansion but in a new mod called Thermal Dynamics.

Thanks. So it'll be fixed so things don't get "lost in the system."

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Furious Zombies can drop Amber and Thaumium Nuggets. Makes me kinda want to put a sinister node in my mob grinder room.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find a saddle anywhere, and day after day I had to walk on foot past a hundred horses roaming around the Plains near my base. It's very discouraging knowing all you need is one saddle and you can go twice as fast.

Then I build a MineFactory Reloaded Fisher, powered it up and within a half hour I had 2 saddles, and within one day I now have 7. Who'da thunk it? Fish for your saddles, that's my tip of the day!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Furious Zombies can drop Amber and Thaumium Nuggets. Makes me kinda want to put a sinister node in my mob grinder room.
Since when? I never encountered that

I couldn't find a saddle anywhere, and day after day I had to walk on foot past a hundred horses roaming around the Plains near my base. It's very discouraging knowing all you need is one saddle and you can go twice as fast.

Then I build a MineFactory Reloaded Fisher, powered it up and within a half hour I had 2 saddles, and within one day I now have 7. Who'da thunk it? Fish for your saddles, that's my tip of the day!
And one day later you get something like a Sojourner's Shash, making the horse and saddle useless again :p

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Since when? I never encountered that
This was in the DW20 1.7 pack. It seems quite rare, but i found it when my invent filled and i were putting stuff away in my ender chest. It's the only place that thaumium or amber could have come from.

Or a Fishing Golem, I like using Fishing Golems, especially with one aer and one perdito/order upgrade.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that my computer isn't powerful enough to run the latest version of Blood Magic. Sadface
At least were getting a new PC when windows 10 releases :D
I think it is because of vertex shaders or something. Is there any way to disable those?

Reactions: pc_assassin

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
better just capture one in a safari net and autospawn it
Too late. Already got it set up. I even have some project red inverted cage lights so when the spawners are on the lights go out to let the nodes work!
A row of paving stones of warding help keep the mob on that side of the gallery too.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned that Mojang still has not fixed the bug where a Lead disappears and my horse (which I believed to be tied to my fence) just wanders off without me knowing about it.

Luckily, the horse can only go as far as the chunks are loaded... but it's still aggravating that they STILL haven't fixed this bug after - what - at least one year?

Well they haven't fixed boats either, so why should I be shocked and appalled I guess... the boat de-sync problem is a lot worse from my perspective since it happens over and over and over.

Sorry this wasn't such a "cool little thing". It's not cool at all, but then again I guess it is just a video game and it probably won't lose me any sleep tonight. LOL

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Today I learned that Mojang still has not fixed the bug where a Lead disappears and my horse (which I believed to be tied to my fence) just wanders off without me knowing about it.

Luckily, the horse can only go as far as the chunks are loaded... but it's still aggravating that they STILL haven't fixed this bug after - what - at least one year?

Well they haven't fixed boats either, so why should I be shocked and appalled I guess... the boat de-sync problem is a lot worse from my perspective since it happens over and over and over.

Sorry this wasn't such a "cool little thing". It's not cool at all, but then again I guess it is just a video game and it probably won't lose me any sleep tonight. LOL
Lol I have yet to actually do a serious try at riding a horse. I simply do not see why I would want to in modded MC :p Terrain is far too challenging for them with the worldgen I prefer and I have access to a plethora of jetpacks and other flying solutions. I simply couldent care less about the horses. Other than adding a bit of spice to the landscape the are useless to me. Glue Factory mod anyone?

The boats on the other hands are quite useful for very early exploration but frustratingly buggy/badly programmed...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Lol I have yet to actually do a serious try at riding a horse. I simply do not see why I would want to in modded MC :p Terrain is far too challenging for them with the worldgen I prefer and I have access to a plethora of jetpacks and other flying solutions. I simply couldent care less about the horses. Other than adding a bit of spice to the landscape the are useless to me. Glue Factory mod anyone?

The boats on the other hands are quite useful for very early exploration but frustratingly buggy/badly programmed...

Aha yes if you are always doing "Amplified" worlds (which you prob are) then I could see why you would think horses are pretty useless.

But trust me - when you're playing a hardmode GregTech modpack, and when "jetpacks" and launching a rocket to the Moon seems so far off as to be eternally out of reach... and when you have to search far and wide for ore veins... you would immediately appreciate the value of a saddled horse. Walking everywhere really sucks. :)

For my play style, horses and boats are the ultimate in early-game transportation. So many benefits - for instance, you don't lose any hunger while riding either one. During early game where food supply might still be at a premium, that can be a very big plus.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
Aha yes if you are always doing "Amplified" worlds (which you prob are) then I could see why you would think horses are pretty useless.

But trust me - when you're playing a hardmode GregTech modpack, and when "jetpacks" and launching a rocket to the Moon seems so far off as to be eternally out of reach... and when you have to search far and wide for ore veins... you would immediately appreciate the value of a saddled horse. Walking everywhere really sucks. :)
Openblocks glider beats them all. I'll kill horses if they drop leathers for that.