What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Well, knowing Tema's other mods he's probably still working on the super secret awesome easter egg crafting ritual for the ultimate all-in-one duct.
Ah... the elusive Primal Manaduct. Carries items, fluids, and energy all in one duct-space. Basically like a Tesseract, but more expensive, less "everywhere", and instantaneous. :p

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
It's not expensive! You only have to head to the deep dark, create a 9x9 of octuple compressed cobblestone, wait for Direwolf20 to appear and sacrifice him there. Also, as a special reward you'll get a constantly talking sidekick that tries to kill you every now and then out of the blue :D

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
It's not expensive! You only have to head to the deep dark, create a 9x9 of octuple compressed cobblestone, wait for Direwolf20 to appear and sacrifice him there. Also, as a special reward you'll get a constantly talking sidekick that tries to kill you every now and then out of the blue :D
You forgot the Pseudo-Inversion Sigil and inventory full of stable blocks.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019

Will you quit giving him ideas!? It's bad enough I fully expect ender pearls and nether stars as core materials.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
TT Levitational Locomotive + MFR Harvester + EnderIO Conduits =
dZyzYQG.png

WCTq8kt.png

Looks rather cool as the Harvester is moving back and forward, chopping its way through it all. Actually looks like a real harvester of some sort.

But.. it is causing a rather massive FPS drop and I dare not guess what it is doing to TPS :p Fun little experiment, not recommended for anything serious :p

destroyerno1

Jul 29, 2019
Not really something todayish but rather yesterday but gelid cryotheum turns zombies into snowmen but die instantly upon contact.
2014-12-09_19.10.01.png

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Not related to Minecraft, but apparently there is an IRC bot that has an "@aol" command, to return what you said as if an AOL user had typed it.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't make sense that snow golems take damage from Cryotheum
Edit: Maybe they die because they're in a desert?

Pandolu

Jul 29, 2019
I found a rather weird chunk that reverts back to its previous state when I move too far away... despite any changes I make to it

tumblr_ngcy8ioSUl1tmn25co4_1280.png
tumblr_ngcy8ioSUl1tmn25co5_1280.png

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Chunks being regenerated when the data is garbage is a "known issue" with minecraft. But chunks being continually regenerated? That means (most likely) that one of your worldgen mods is broken, and making bad data -- so every time the chunk is unloaded ,and then re-loaded, it is read as "garbage" and regenerated.

Reactions: Pandolu

Pandolu

Jul 29, 2019
yeah the world was corrupted with a number of other chunks missing, but I atleast was able to use MC Edit to re-generate them, but this one chunk stayed the same. The weird thing is when I go between dimensions, it has all the changes I've ever made to it there, but the moment I go south of it (not any other direction) the chunk goes missing then goes back to this state. I've done reinstalls of java and Monster, so at this stage Im assuming the world is just a bit broken...

destroyerno1

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't make sense that snow golems take damage from Cryotheum
Edit: Maybe they die because they're in a desert?
I have tested the same thing but in the different biome a Fen to be exact but the zombies convert to snowmen and still die in cryotheum. how ever i set this up and as a result 2014-12-10_14.09.31.png this. so not sure if this was intended or not but you would lose all zombie drops for snowballs if you hoppered the snow balls but sometimes items will get destroyed as well from being in the cryotheum.
edit: better picture2014-12-10_15.05.02.png

Last edited:

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mind showing where you got the machine?
I didn't have a schematic. I basically arranged 64 annihilation planes in a 32x2 rectangle and stuck Funky Locomotion frames on it. There is an AE controller block on it, a dimensional transceiver for receiving power and sending items, and a trashcan for cobble. Forward motion is done with a simple push-pull drive using a XU redstone clock. Lastly there is a chunkloader, and that's it.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I learned what happens when you spawn mobs too close to your essence tank, lol.

OPa6Din.png
One time there was a mini Ur-ghast in mine. I had brought a spawner back and placed it relatively far away. For some reason, though, whenever mobs are in my tanks, the fluid doesn't show until I remove the mob. IDK why.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Through much frustrating trial and error that metal blocks outside the a Big reactor Turbine will still act as a Induction coils!

Learned that the hard way with these:
xtv2XHi.png
And the BR only updates the coils when you break and replace a part of of the reactor casing.