What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Since you mentioned minecolonies, are there even any packs with that mod??
There are quite a few modpacks with Minecolonies included, with many packs centered around Minecolonies. The devs are very active and are constantly updating (almost daily). There are some official Minecolonies packs including a Sky colonies version.
it's become my favorite, must have mod as I love having living, interactive npcs running around building, farming, herding, etc.

When the mod gets updated with an "alpha" update, don't be afraid to use it. The alphas are pretty much never an issue.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
TiCon casting channels make pretty neat early game pipes.
2019-02-17_15.48.42.png
The channel texture shows direction of fluid flow (unidirectional)

2019-02-17_15.54.56.png

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
You'd think I would have noticed this before, after Minecrafting for 6 or 7 years now, but ... if you simply put a trapdoor on top of a one-high cobblestone wall, you can pretty much just walk over the wall. Really handy for a sheep pen, when the wool drops out of reach. Just walk over the wall, grab it, go back over the wall. As long as the mob can climb ladders, they can't follow.

scottvee

Jul 29, 2019
About Minecolonies ... I started the Life in the Village modpack, which features Minecolonies, so you could try that one. I have a love/hate thing going with Minecolonies. Sometimes it's almost like having a real person building stuff with me -- which is fun -- except you can't talk to them and tell them not to hack down the tree that was holding up my house, or not to break that chest with all the mob heads in it. And sometimes I feel like I serve THEM now and can never get away and have any fun. Hilarious when the NPCs ask for acacia wood and hey, I've gone 1800 blocks in every direction and have never seen an acacia tree, and it's not like I get a day off to go exploring anyway. Whee. Can't you just skip that for now? Nope. Must have acacia wood now. ;-) Other times, Barbara can just wait twelve days for a new pick, because I'm busy, and I gather resources 100 times faster than she does anyway, and she got her head stuck in the wall again. It sure does add some color to the world. The modpack also features Millenaire, but then it generates a world of islands too small for any Millenaire village to form, so that's just peachy -- I was hoping to start a Minecolony next to a Millenaire village and watch all the people undo each other's hard work.

Reactions: glepet1962

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Today I have learned two things:
  1. Apparently the cause of the building feature of the Enhanced Building Guide(OpenBlocks) not working was not that it was bugged. It was because I wasn't using it right... You have to apply a redstone signal to turn off the ghost blocks AND THEN rightclick with the blocks... (figured this out 3 years late lol)
  2. OpenBlocks Elevators can transport you from air to under water. Makes it super simple to make underwater airlocks.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Speaking of underground airlocks, I've discovered that Architect Mod (the blueprint mod, not the one that cuts blocks) is able to place blocks in water. I've been using it to make aquaducts around my base.

Build a frame, fill the would-be empty space with sand or gravel, then place the sections together underwater, then go back in and clear the sand and you've got yourself a nice little underwater tunnel.