What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There's always some nifty little thing I find out about a mod or item when building stuff, and none of them are really worth a thread in themselves. So let's just have one thread for all of them :p

Today I found out that a magnum torch doesn't disable vanilla mob spawners. So I can have my oreberry darkroom free of mobs while being right next to the mob grinder I made in my basement, free of the possibility of the torch interfering with my mob essence collecting :)

So what coolness have you found today?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica 2 projectile dig spells have a ridiculous range. I can hit things well outside of short render distance.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Rednet cables from MFR can now be set to cable only mode on a per side basis instead of it affecting the whole block.

Reactions: RedBoss

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I don't wear colon
You dont have an important organ?
2379603-0580801353-nm87R.gif

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
IC2 Uranium ore pulverizes into two Yellorium dust. Why did I not notice this before?

The ore has been accumulating in my storage system because I couldn't be arsed to set up the IC2 infrastructure to process it (especially when I have no intention of using it for any IC2 purpose in this playthrough).

So, a couple of pulverizers and redstone furnaces later, I now have several thousand more Yellorium ingots to fuel my sexy reactor.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
IC2 Uranium ore pulverizes into two Yellorium dust. Why did I not notice this before?

The ore has been accumulating in my storage system because I couldn't be arsed to set up the IC2 infrastructure to process it (especially when I have no intention of using it for any IC2 purpose in this playthrough).

So, a couple of pulverizers and redstone furnaces later, I now have several thousand more Yellorium ingots to fuel my sexy reactor.

I found that out yesterday. It was weird. Cause I'd pulverize yellorium, get two dusts, but smelted produced to ic2/gregtech uranium ingots. I did the same to the ic2 uranium ore, and got 2 yellow dusts, but the ic2 ingots. Both are interchangeable in between the two mods, so I don't complain. I find far more ic2 ore than yellorium, especially now that I quarry the deep dark as needed.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Using the Educational V enchantment from Forbidden Magic on my Awakened Ichorium Sword = 88 levels of XP after 10 minutes in a twilight forest dungeon. Then the pleasant problem of dumping it off into my XP shower -> mfr sewer converter and needing to expand my steel tank of mob essence.

Such fun

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
using transition planes for a tree farm. very sexy, especially when using an autonomous activator loaded with a tico lumberaxe set to autosmelt the wood into charcoal ;)

also, did not know mfr sewers collected xp as mob essence. block placer + breaker over sewer = lots of mob essence from silktouched ores ;)

Reactions: Duror and Odovbold

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
EnderIO conduits.

So awesome.

(Yes, I know i'm crazy late to the party on this one)

Power, fluid and items passing through the same block. Activation and direction of interfaces toggled with a few turns of a wrench (with no need for a servo or any redstone). I think this may be my new favouritest mod (other than *maybe* TiCo and AE, but it's up there :p)

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
I found out how easy agrarian skies gets once you have power and a ore smeltery!

I also found out that I like to take the long way round things, for example, I needed a few more resources, instead of manually making gravel to sift into ores, I make a AFK setup...

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Not so much a discovery, just a thing I done today:

Automated aluminum ingot production. A little smeltery, export bus on the controller, fluiduct from my lava storage connected to the seared tank, fluiducts with servos (set to ignore redstone) on the drains, itemducts with servos underneath the casting basins, piping blocks into a cyclic assembler to break them down into ingots, import bus on the assembler.

Simply simplicity and stuff, from ore to ingots via doubling without any attention from yours truly.

I've almost automated *everything* now. Just need to find something to do with the mountain of ProjectRed gemstone ores now.