What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Drinking a Botania bottle of mana gives you 20 hearts of absorption (for some amount of time, which I've forgotten). I'd assume these could be used, along with a sizeable amount of mana, to aid in early-game Blood Magic self-sacrifice.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Drinking a Botania bottle of mana gives you 20 hearts of absorption (for some amount of time, which I've forgotten). I'd assume these could be used, along with a sizeable amount of mana, to aid in early-game Blood Magic self-sacrifice.
IIRC, Blood Magic ignores absorption hearts. I think this was a bug in the beginning, but kept later on to avoid abuse.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, Blood Magic ignores absorption hearts. I think this was a bug in the beginning, but kept later on to avoid abuse.
Dangit.
Well, the hearts are still useful, I'd imagine... definitely in a boss fight, and for not a lot of mana either.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
As of 1.4 repeaters have a locking feature:
A repeater which has a powered repeater facing its side is locked, i.e. it doesn't change its output. This makes it very easy to implement D-latches.

But well, who needs this when you have ProjectRed and Programmable Rednet Controllers? :D

Reactions: Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That Blizz's will on sight attack Blazes, which will in turn fight back!

9YiL3YI.png

Leads to some amusing fighting :p Should build a little arena for them lol.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
You can wear an camel pack with another chestplate by fusing them together in a crafting grid. Putting the fused chestplate back in the grid will give you the camel pack as the output without using up the chestplate.

Reactions: Pyure and Eruantien

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You can wear an camel pack with another chestplate by fusing them together in a crafting grid. Putting the fused chestplate back in the grid will give you the camel pack as the output without using up the chestplate.
Does this work with any chestplate or only vanilla ones?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is fantastic. Crash Landing fans across the universe will rejoice I'm sure :)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
This should've been elementary, but.
BC kinesis pipes can transfer RF.

*HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE*
*ahem* Sorry. Anyway, that's an extremely early-game way to transfer RF, as compared to other systems like XU or EIEIO. Simple, but powerful. Possibly OP. I don't care.

7pQzOdu.png

Reactions: Beeze23 and ljfa

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
If only its generators would produce more than max 40 RF/t
Yeah... well, that's why we have TE, Engineer's Toolbox, etc. I'm really pleased the diamond pipes can transfer >10,000 RF/t; that's (a touch) better than the 1.6 conduits, so it'll hold me over until Tema finishes Dynamics. *hypehype*

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Well, knowing Tema's other mods he's probably still working on the super secret awesome easter egg crafting ritual for the ultimate all-in-one duct.