What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The obvious implication is that ST isn't early-game, although obviously this will vary from pack to pack. I dunno how non-RNG-simple it is to get ST in DW1.7.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Tinkers' Construct: One Emerald, four Gold nuggets, and 24 string makes silk touch. It's really easy.
Yep, that will give an even better return. I just haven't found any emeralds in this particular world yet.

With silk touch, a single harvested flesh block is worth a little over 500,000 RF. Kinda OP :)

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers' Construct: One Emerald, four Gold nuggets, and 24 string makes silk touch. It's really easy.
Unless I spawn beside a extreme hill biome. I have a quarry, a renewable power source and an AE systeme before I can get my hand on an emerald.

But meh.. "early game" doesn't mean the same for everyone I guess.

DepressivesBrot

Jul 29, 2019
There's also trading, an option for those wandering the land and raiding altars/villages/greatwoods for a while before settling down.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I spawn beside a extreme hill biome. I have a quarry, a renewable power source and an AE systeme before I can get my hand on an emerald.

But meh.. "early game" doesn't mean the same for everyone I guess.

Villages FTW. I'm far more inclined to just roam around like a nomad with a bed until I find my first village. Pick berries and kill random animals for food, harvest any sugarcane you find, and then just go. Once I find a village, it's usually trivial to find a villager that you can get an emerald from with paper from the sugarcanes, wheat from the village itself, or logs. I don't bother to settle down until I've gotten one emerald. It rarely take very long at all if you just keep moving.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...ere_a_guide_or_video_to_control_big_reactors/

Two Big Reactor RedNet Ports connected with RedNet cable... and no more fiddling with turning the reactor off when I don't need it and turning it on when I do. Yay!
Yeah it is cool enough that you can do it with such simple means, but it is rather limited. Specially due to the fact that it will not limit the Fuel rods to a certain temperature to avoid bad efficiency.

And honestly CC computers are so cheap and easy to craft that you might as well just take advantage of one of the many amazing scripts that people have made.

I am using this:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-10#post-657819

Reactions: darkeshrine

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it is cool enough that you can do it with such simple means, but it is rather limited. Specially due to the fact that it will not limit the Fuel rods to a certain temperature to avoid bad efficiency.

And honestly CC computers are so cheap and easy to craft that you might as well just take advantage of one of the many amazing scripts that people have made.

I am using this:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-10#post-657819
"EZ-NUKE" I like that.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Don't we all wish Minecraft could look like this?! Pretty cool but it's just an animation. :)

"This is another Blender animation that I've made to portray Minecraft in a more realistic style. Even though this one is short, it still took me a long time to make."

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
I discovered that if you wear Dark Steel Boots with its Flippers enchant and are in a Squid Morph, u rocket through water uncontrollably.