What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I learned yesterday that I was the reason why Forgecraft 2 had quite a problem with crashing...
I showed @Runew0lf how to build a vanilla infinite villager breeding spawner, but I did warn him to not leave the thing running when you go offline, otherwise it could cause problems
but Runew0lf crashed himself and wasn't able to log back on, and the villagers kept breeding till there was about 2k+ villagers and the server was very laggy and almost no one could come close to the villagers

SFt0F82.png

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I learned yesterday that I was the reason why Forgecraft 2 had quite a problem with crashing...
I showed @Runew0lf how to build a vanilla infinite villager breeding spawner, but I did warn him to not leave the thing running when you go offline, otherwise it could cause problems
but Runew0lf crashed himself and wasn't able to log back on, and the villagers kept breeding till there was about 2k+ villagers and the server was very laggy and almost no one could come close to the villagers

SFt0F82.png
Where is ICBM when you need it?

Reactions: mattp_12

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

SFt0F82.png
Villager breeding mechanic... ARRGHHH!

Old server I was on was lagging painfully until someone mentioned he had serious FPS lag when he moved to one side of his base:
HXSEA8v.png

Turned out villagers were stuck in a farmhouse.

Trying to bomb them out of existence with 1fps with a IC2 Mining laser = I died :p
Hitting them with a fully enchanted Sword of the Zephyr = it instantly broke(despite repair) because its aoe hit so many at once...
Ended up using a portal gun teleporting them up into the air and letting them fall to their death.

Reactions: PierceSG and Pyure

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

Old server I was on was lagging painfully until someone mentioned he had serious FPS lag when he moved to one side of his base:
HXSEA8v.png

Trying to bomb them out of existence with 1fps with a IC2 Mining laser = I died :p
Hitting them with a fully enchanted Sword of the Zephyr = it instantly broke(despite repair) because its aoe hit so many at once...
Ended up using a portal gun teleporting them up into the air and letting them fall to their death.

Why do I so want to introduce a zombie to them. Just one.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

HXSEA8v.png

yea, I also had a villager breeder in my survival world and I kind of forgot about them.
luckily I could still telepose them into a smeltery

Why do I so want to introduce a zombie to them. Just one.

not just any zombie, but a giant or furious zombie.
then again, they'll die in sunlight, so either they have to be armored or a baby zombie would be a better choice.

but if so many villagers spawned, shouldn't there be iron golems roaming around?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'll never understand the decision of adding in horses but not making a recipe for saddles...

AGREED. Especially when a saddle is just leather perhaps a little metal or string. I have to assume they wanted to make it difficult to be able to ride a horse so it would remain a special thing and prevent players from riding horses on their first day in a new world. Poor solution IMO.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
but if so many villagers spawned, shouldn't there be iron golems roaming around?
AFAIK golems spawning is tied to the amount of doors(not kidding) in close proximity in a village. Believe this is why it is possible to create Iron vanilla golem spawners with a ton of doors or something. Not sure, think I read or have seen it somewhere.

EDIT: Found it:
Golems will spawn in a 16×16×6 area, centered between the 21 or more valid doors in a village if it has at least 10 villagers.
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Iron_Golem

Reactions: Yusunoha

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK golems spawning is tied to the amount of doors(not kidding) in close proximity in a village. Believe this is why it is possible to create Iron vanilla golem spawners with a ton of doors or something. Not sure, think I read or have seen it somewhere.

EDIT: Found it:

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Iron_Golem
Yah I am going to build the iron trench when I get setup in our next world, infinite iron! XD

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Villager breeders ... Based on the idea that villagers will wander far enough away from the doors that they are not recognized as part of the village. Ah yes.

Repeat by: Enable villages in hilly biomes, and watch the fun :). There's a reason Mojang only has them in the flat biomes.