What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
How much power do you have/willing to use?
Willing to use - what ever it takes I have set yellorium to be more common (player suggestion after I derped the configs last map and made it hard to NOT find it)

Have - none cause as I said when we start our new map (our owner is trying to upgrade to 1.7.10 but we aren't having much luck)

Reactions: ljfa

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Extremely cheaty, but also very cool:
Picking up an aura node with a Mekanism cardboard box and placing it back down will give you a new random node. This can be done as often you want until you get the node of your dreams.
Or you happen to place down a hungry node which sucks up your box and then you :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Extremely cheaty, but also very cool:
Picking up an aura node with a Mekanism cardboard box and placing it back down will give you a new random node. This can be done as often you want until you get the node of your dreams.
Or you happen to place down a hungry node which sucks up your box and then you :D

Hey, if the Patriots can cheat their way to a Super Bowl, why can't a Minecrafter cheat a little too? Just deny it all and everything will be just fine after a while. :)

For those who don't know, I am an ethical and moral person and what I just typed horrifies me. LOL But I do like to poke fun - if you take our world too seriously, you're making a terrible mistake IMO. It's a mess. That's why I play video games!

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I like both, I prefer the Grinder over the Killer Joe but I like the Powered Spawners over the Auto-spawner. Also Soul Vials > Reusable Safari Net.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I like both, I prefer the Grinder over the Killer Joe but I like the Powered Spawners over the Auto-spawner. Also Soul Vials > Reusable Safari Net.

but the golden lasso is the best to pick up villagers. just place down a trading post and open it while holding a golden lasso, when you click on a trade in the GUI that villager gets automatically placed into the golden lasso.
but for passive mobs I use the soul vials aswell, but with agressive mobs I still prefer safari nets because you can use a launcher to catch mobs from a distance

Reactions: rhn and Odovbold

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
...just place down a trading post and open it while holding a golden lasso, when you click on a trade in the GUI that villager gets automatically placed into the golden lasso.

Of course! It's just simulating a right-click on the appropriate villager. Although... with a golden lasso, don't you have to sneak-right-click on a villager to pick them up?

That would have been really useful in my Magic Farm world, I had a trading post next to an auto spawner, and at one point there was a villager showing up that I couldn't find. I dismantled just about everything that I could, made x-ray chambers, but no sign of it! Eventually it disappeared so it may have been a bug.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Of course! It's just simulating a right-click on the appropriate villager. Although... with a golden lasso, don't you have to sneak-right-click on a villager to pick them up?

That would have been really useful in my Magic Farm world, I had a trading post next to an auto spawner, and at one point there was a villager showing up that I couldn't find. I dismantled just about everything that I could, made x-ray chambers, but no sign of it! Eventually it disappeared so it may have been a bug.

yea, I believe you still need to shift-right click a villager directly if you want to pick it up directly, otherwise you'll open the trading GUI

I really love this feature for a simple villager spawner, I just spawn a ton of villagers into a smeltery, use the trading post to pick up the villagers with good trades and leave the rest in the smeltery.
when I'm done I just throw in a piece of cobble or something into the smeltery and watch and laugh hysterically as I'll be swimming in emeralds.

I can then precise autospawn the good villagers, buy the trades using the blood of their fallen brothers and sisters, and then repeat the same thing and throw in a piece of cobble or something into the smeltery and watch and laugh hysterically as I'll be swimming in emeralds and resources.

in 1.6.4 I had to spawn a bunch of villagers, open the trading post to see if there's any good trades, and if there were good trades I had to manually go through each villager 1 by 1 to find all the good ones... ugh, those were some long days

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
A friend of mine made an automatic villager sorter using Railcraft - the villager detector can separate different types of villagers. He sorts out only the interesting villagers while dropping the others directly into a smeltery.
He used this to get Mystcraft pages, so he sorted out only the Mystcraft villagers.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A friend of mine made an automatic villager sorter using Railcraft - the villager detector can separate different types of villagers. He sorts out only the interesting villagers while dropping the others directly into a smeltery.
He used this to get Mystcraft pages, so he sorted out only the Mystcraft villagers.

I really hate how you have to get Mystcraft villagers to obtain most of the pages to actually make the ages you want.
I know there's libraries in the mystcraft dimensions, but it's still alot of working gathering the pages you want from villagers and libraries.

if only there were modifiers that'd create a copy of the dimension you want.
for example an "overworld" modifier, with only this modifier you can create an overworld-like dimension, but you're not able to add any additional modifiers

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That TiCo Drawbridges can spawn Tracks.

Super easy to make large "airlock" type doors now that automatically open and close as I ride past in my minecart :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
That TiCo Drawbridges can spawn Tracks.

Super easy to make large "airlock" type doors now that automatically open and close as I ride past in my minecart :p
Can't you do that with RC's Gated Tracks? Granted, it won't look as nice as having a whole wall open up in front of you (which, I suppose, is what you're probably more interested in anyway, considering some of your builds), but it should work.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can't you do that with RC's Gated Tracks? Granted, it won't look as nice as having a whole wall open up in front of you (which, I suppose, is what you're probably more interested in anyway, considering some of your builds), but it should work.
Yeah this was more what I was looking for :p
Huei1Vb.png

Along with doors throughout the tunnels of the minecart network.

I don't really need to keep anything in or out. Purely a cosmetic thing :p Else yeah if it was a matter of hostile mobs, then the gated tracks would do just fine.

Last edited: